• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Wolfsburg gonna strike again ?

GSM

YOU RULED THE WORLD LONG ENOUGH !!!
The VFL Wolfsburg became the german champion and nobody and I mean nobody saw that coming.

Not only did they score the most goals in the entire season they also got the players with the most goals Grafite and Dzeko.

But now with their trainer Felix Magath gone will they be able to defend their title in the next season and be succesful in the Championsleague ?

I think they could defend their championship but they lack the experience to be succesful in the Championsleague.

It´ll be much more complicated for them next season because now nobody is going to underestimate them.

Well to be honest, with the signings Bayern have made it seems like they will blow everyone out the water next season. Last time Bayern had a poor season, when they finished fourth, they signed anyone and everyone and blew the opposition out of the water. I fully expect them to do the same next season. Workhorses like Olic and Tymoschuk will invigorate the team and Gomez is a proven goalscorer in the Bundesliga.

As for the Champions League, German sides struggle these days. There is a definite status quo in Europe with the English teams and Barca first, the rest of Spain, Italy and Bayern following and then the Dutch, Portugese and German sides.

Wolfsburg don't stand out as a team that would be to Nou Camp or Old Trafford or Anfield and be a serious threat whilst Bayern would (the 4-0 Nou Camp mauling aside). I think they would be very happy with a second place finish next season in the Bundesliga and making it to the first knockout round in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back