• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is TNA paying attention to their fans 1st?

mrbooker

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok so as I was watching Impact tonight I thought to myself alot of the things that "Immortal" were saying isalot of what i read on the boards.

1. Hogan says he was promised a false bill of good, that Dixie told him they were going to change the wrestling industry. Haven't many people said the same exact thing about Dixie with all her twitter hype. Hogan saying you have been running this company from a computer. Dixie who everyone hated because se had no bsiness in a wrestling ring may be gone, but now you get Hogan, Bischoff, and flair who you have been watching the past 15 years instead of Dixie.

2. People shyted on the acquistion of Jeff Hardy because they did nothing with him now after taking the proper steps to make the turn mean something they are attempting to do something special with him instead of him being just another face coming from WWE. They are trying to re-create Jeff Hardy and have him looked at as the champion and top heel of TNA not one of the top WWE guys that jumped to TNA.

3. While Jeff is WHC, Fortune is no longer at the mid card, TNA is selling the alliance of flair-hogan, they now have a boss who favors them(storyline wise) so they will have more matches and more of a spolight in what TNA delivers as a product.

4. Samoa Joe is getting pushed hard and is a front runner as the guy to go against Immortal, if you saw his promo on reaction you know what im talking about. If you have not watch it I am not a Samoa Joe fan and even i wa impressed

Now my question is, is this a good thing or a bad thing that TNA is TRYING to give their fans what they have said they wanted, or is it bad because, its not going attract the "casual" fans.?

In the end if it is good TV and good wrestling is it considered a success, or is the additions of such older personalities like bischoff, flair, hogan now being in charge to much of blanket for TNA?

I don't mean this as spam, but they definitely are paying attention to their audience. Most of their audience (ones that tune in weekly) are part of the IWC. They either want to bitch about TNA or praise them. TNA is playing all of the smarks for real marks now. They literally have the audience right where any organization should. By suspending their disbelief.

Considering all the hate they get, they should take a more broader approach to what they are doing and take suggestions. It doesn't hurt to listen a bit but then again, you can't always listen to what orders say. There is a big line between structured criticism and smark talk. TNA needs to watch out for that and analyze their desired direction and compare and contrast before making any move that involves a popular suggestion.

Take the J-Whatever the Hell segment. Most IWC people are gonna hate it. But at the same time, it drew a good deal of media attention. Something TNA wants and needs to expand their viewers. They need a balance.

I'm would say that TNA is giving the fans what they want, they just want things that aren't necessarily good for business. I am a TNA fan through-and-through, but for the most part, TNA fans are like children. They know what they want, but they don't know what's good for them. And TNA listens to them, so they make bad business decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back