• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this for real??

grungy72

King Of The Ring
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Batista receieved negative feedback from many of his colleagues for how he handled the booing at the 8/1 ECW show. He was told ahead of time by Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace that booing was likely to occur, however, he lost his cool within seconds of walking to the ring and he never seemed to get past it.

Batista's appearance was heavily edited during the international broadcast of the show. They edited in footage of fans cheering him on and holding positive signs. Also, all the negative chants were overdubbed with a five-minute long "ECW" chant. And lastly, most of the comments both Joey Styles and Tazz made when they called attention to the crowd's negative reaction were removed. When it was all said and done, the editing made it come off as the most positive reaction to an ECW match since its inception.

I have not seen the international footage of this seeing as Australia dont get ECW till september, But has anyone in Canada or England seen this?? if so what is your opinion on this, I personally think that it is bullshit, In Ecw the fans were always loved and appreciated for there crowd reaction to EDIT out everything and make it like Batista is a huge hero is bullshit putting in fake signs and what not is an insult to every fan at the hammerstein, It makes it look as if they dont have the right to Boo and Cheer whom they please.

Your Thoughts.

I'm so fucking pissed off, this will give international fans (outside of america) the idea that Batista was aceptted by ECW fans, with the ECW chants, people will also think that, the match they put on was great, when it was crappier then what you see in RAW, i hate how Batista can't handle booing. I think the WWE is so stupid in doing this, like Batista can wrestle, please. this is just sad, trying to make Batista look good when he just sucks complete ass.

ya thats petty dumb, i can see y they boo'd batista, and i think everyone knew that was going to happen, so y change it outside of america

I believe it is once again aimed at the kids that love batista, Much like John Cena. They edit out the chants throw in some signs and make the kids watching at home think that batista is the shit, I watched the real match and they woulda done an almighty job editing out alot of there signs and speech because they were loud, WWE imo has no right to change the Chants as PAYING customers purchased there seats to BOO whomever they please and in a way its like False advertising.

When I saw it, it wasn't at all liked that. The ECW fans hated both of them, booed them heavily. I heard boring chants, and change the channel. So they weren't accepted at all, but now other people will think they did. Well if you're smart, than you'll know that it's edited just like SD is.

Flames Out
Dragon

They edit live shows too. They pipe in cheers for Cena sometimes.

This just shows that Vince and the WWE don't give a shit about what their fans think.

They edit out you suck and go home chants to Great Kahli on SD, hell they edit parts of his match cause they are so bad.

I was in a SD taping not sooo long ago, before ECW started up. They had a Mexicool/ London/Kendrick match that was great but parts were edited out on tv...I'm not talking about commercial breaks.

yeah WOW...I can't believe this. I think this whole thing is getting out of controle. Vince needs to wake up to reality. It's absolutely unbelievable. Why force something apon fans. You know what the sad part is though. People actually buy into this crap. So sad.

hahahaha said:
This just shows that Vince and the WWE don't give a shit about what their fans think.
If you watched the live version of Big Show versus Batista, they didn't edit it, because of all the booing of both wrestlers. They mostly edited, because of Sci Fi. The crowd was chanting things that Sci Fi didn't want on there network. Sci Fi felt the language the crowd was chanting was inappropriate for TV, so it really wasn't WWE saying "We don't give a shit about our fans", but Sci Fi is more to blame than WWE.

I didn't watch any replays of the match, so WWE could of edited it more than as much as they did during the live version of the match. Everyone should already know WWE has always edited alot of ECW related thing such as "The Rise And Fall Of ECW", "ECW One Night Stand", etc...

Who cares if you get booed. The ecw fans "sure showed them" and only women make a big deal out of dumb little things like getting booed. Why is this even a forum topic? I feel like a dork just talking about this but i'm having a bad day

kapp said:
If you watched the live version of Big Show versus Batista, they didn't edit it, because of all the booing of both wrestlers. They mostly edited, because of Sci Fi. The crowd was chanting things that Sci Fi didn't want on there network. Sci Fi felt the language the crowd was chanting was inappropriate for TV, so it really wasn't WWE saying "We don't give a shit about our fans", but Sci Fi is more to blame than WWE.

I didn't watch any replays of the match, so WWE could of edited it more than as much as they did during the live version of the match. Everyone should already know WWE has always edited alot of ECW related thing such as "The Rise And Fall Of ECW", "ECW One Night Stand", etc...

Its not that they bleep the fans. I don't really mind them muting foul chants.

We're talking about them editing the crowd into a positive response for Batista and Big Show. They are making it seem as though these guys got over BIG TIME with the crowd.

hahahaha said:
Its not that they bleep the fans. I don't really mind them muting foul chants.

We're talking about them editing the crowd into a positive response for Batista and Big Show. They are making it seem as though these guys got over BIG TIME with the crowd.
Did you watch the live version? You could obviously tell neither of them were getting cheered. There was only a few fans there that actually cheered for them. The ones who went to see the WWE wrestlers. I noticed they edited it when at times you'd hear Joey Styles and Tazz talking over the crowd.

We are not talking about the version you saw in america, This is about the fact that they edited it out In Canada and Europe, Im not saying wwe hasnt edited chants for a long time, But if you read the original dialouge it says That they edited out the Fans BOOing Batista and turned it into a 5 minute ECW chant and CHANGED all the signs too PRO BATISTA signs, That is not editing that is changed the whole landscape of the said match, Which is wrong. And also they edited out any reference joey styles and Taz made to the fans, Thus Making batista out to be over with everyone ECW fans and wht not which is not true, Why did they only Edit it for canada and Europe, Why not america too.

Yes its not that they cut out foul signs or language that we understand.

Its that some fans who haven't seen the real version are going to believe both Big Show and Batista got an "ECW" chant and were accepted by the crowd.

If they do this then they can basically dub in Giant Khali chants or who ever they want to go over on non-live shows...or replays.

grungy72 said:
I have not seen the international footage of this seeing as Australia dont get ECW till september, But has anyone in Canada or England seen this?? if so what is your opinion on this, I personally think that it is bullshit, In Ecw the fans were always loved and appreciated for there crowd reaction to EDIT out everything and make it like Batista is a huge hero is bullshit putting in fake signs and what not is an insult to every fan at the hammerstein, It makes it look as if they dont have the right to Boo and Cheer whom they please.

Your Thoughts.

Wow i neva fort dat dey edit shows,well mayb editin out bad language is ok but I don't fink it's rite 4 dem 2 edit out fans booin' wrestlers.If u deserve 2 gt booed on stage,den so b it!I ain't seen da footage yet and here in England we neva see live shows unless dey're PPV.It's juss not wrestlin anymo if dey edit out scenes like dat!

MiMie said:
Wow i neva fort dat dey edit shows,well mayb editin out bad language is ok but I don't fink it's rite 4 dem 2 edit out fans booin' wrestlers.If u deserve 2 gt booed on stage,den so b it!I ain't seen da footage yet and here in England we neva see live shows unless dey're PPV.It's juss not wrestlin anymo if dey edit out scenes like dat!

Dats fo sho yo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back