• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the way NJPW is booking Naito the way forward for Roman Reigns?

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Bit of backstory, Naito was being pushed to the moon in New Japan, then he got injured, ended up coming back from Injury winning the G1 to face Okada at WK8. Pretty much same deal with Reigns, started to get pushed to the moon, gets injured comes back wins the Rumble goes to Mania to face Brock. Both men got a fairly significant backlash against them.

But right now Naito has changed his attitude and become a heel with a give no fucks sort of attitude, joined a stable in CMLL called Los Ingobernables, developed a finisher that looks like it was designed to take down the Rainmaker Lariat performing the best work he has done with the G1 going on right now. With all his matches being decent to great.

The question is would a change in attitude which would naturally come as a change in booking be benefitial for Roman Reigns. In effect, Roman Reigns being all out of fucks to give.

Ideally, with Brock going Face and Rollins' heel run getting tiresome, Reigns should be manipulated into being a BadAss Heel who is just intent on getting to the top with no " Fucks to give" .
However, I just cant see WWE doing it as they seem still very much intent on getting the WWE WHC onto a babyface Reignd in the near future.

It's difficult to compare....Tanahashi is kind of in the John Cena role....but there is no Brock Lesnar in NJPW. Lesnar is the biggest MMA star of all time. Japanese wrestling haven't had a character like that since Inoki.

WK8-Naito is more like CM Punk in 2012...super push, but never gets the reaction.

Okada is the bright white hope with talent and experience....Roman Reigns is similar but without the talent and experience...

Aaannnnddd........Naito is short and doesn't spend enough time in the gym. Just like CM Punk

So in other words Roman is going to be the new Cena?
The guy that was a heel, became a face, got mixed reactions from the crowd but still cared about them and his goals, that people want to see turn heel because they think he would be better off or more entertaining that way?

Minus the popularity of Cena though. It would be less of a stretch for Roman to turn because he's not the cash cow of the company and that's the main defense for not turning Cena.

But same concept.

I could see it working well for Roman though. He'd have to lose the yell he does and the Superman punch and that outside apron thing he does.

I was seriously asking that though.

That wasn't directed just at you, but I'm sure it came off that way.

Just like do you think that he'll be that face guy that a lot of people feel would be better off as a heel but WWE won't turn him?

I like the guy. But I wouldn't be against him being heel again. The dude looks like a legitimate bad ass, so if he started just destroying people it would be believable.

And he has one of those faces where he could pull off a smug/cocky I don't give a shit look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back