Is Rusev the next Muhammad Hassan?

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
There are many similarities between them.

1. Both insult America and saying how their country is more superior.
2. We see rusev use the camel clutch which was the same finisher of Hassan.
3. They both have managers

Is wwe trying to create another Muhammad Hassan? And do you think that rusev will start getting threats as well because of it?

Hassan wasn't representing a country, he was representing Muslim-Americans.
His thing wasn't superiority, it was over-defensiveness about how Muslims were being portrayed by America after 9/11.

True, but Rusev doesn't do a "cut throat" thing on his opponent like Hassan did. A symbolic "beheading" basically. It was totally ridiculous.

Hassan's "manager" was useless. He ranted in Arabic but Hassan did all the real talking, while Rusev never speaks. Lana isn't just his mouthpiece, she runs the show. He just shows up and beats people up.

Basically, any comparisons made between the two are superficial. There is no REAL comparison.

And unless there is a radical change in the "direction" of the company, you'll never see anything even CLOSE to "Muhammad Hassan" ever again.

Well, in it's purest form the gimmick is the same for they both use their race to try and get heat from the crowd but Hassan never really said any place was better than America, he just said pretty much that Americans were racist and he actually told the truth which is why I think everyone hated him but Rusev never talks and their managers are completely different. Hassan's only talked in a foreign language and was really just an annoyance. Lana talks in American with a hot Russian accent and she's hot so people aren't going to boo her and then the guy that actually wrestles and we're supposed to care about only talks in Russian and has boring matches so they aren't very similar plus Rusev will never garner the same amount of heat that Hassan did. It was just such a different time and a different audience. Plus I think Hassan was more of a current Iron Shiek so those are two you could really compare. I guess you could make comparisons between Hassan and Rusev but I don't find them that similar.

Let's go through this.

Is wwe trying to create another Muhammad Hassan? And do you think that rusev will start getting threats as well because of it?

1. A LOT of people of insulted America and claimed superiority elsewhere. Iron Sheik, General Adnan w/ Sgt. Slaughter, The Un-Americans, Team Canada, a number of foreign born United States Champions. It's a very broad feature among wrestling characters. And as stated before Hassan wasn't a foreigner claiming superiority. He was an American of Middle Easter Descent who was angry over being stereotyped.

2. Yes, they both have the Camel Clutch. Again, so do a lot of people.

3. They both have managers. Again, so do a lot of people. Brock Lesnar has Paul Heyman. Is Rusev another Brock Lesnar? Jack Swagger has Zeb colter. Is Rusev another Jack Swagger? Undertaker had Paul Bearer. Is Rusev another Undertaker?

The three similarities you pointed out are just broad claims that so happen to fit both men, as they fit a lot of other people. Difference being, Hassan actually got heat. People care way more about Lana than Rusev.

Also, WWE wouldn't want to make another Muhammad Hassan. Hassan was a character who got hot and six months later disappeared never to be seen again when things went south. If anything they wouldn't want to make "another Muhammad Hassan" they would try to make something that is "what Muhammad Hassan" should have been. Being another Muhammad Hassan is as useful as being another Gobbly Gooker, or another Shockmaster. I'm almost certain not a single person in that company is saying, "Let's make him another Muhammad Hassan"

Also, if I may be a grammar nazi here. Rusev is a name. Which means it should be capitalized. With an upper case R. Rusev, not rusev.

Yes, he is the next Muhammad Hassan, who was being the next Sgt. Slaughter (evil Iraqi version), who was being the next Iron Sheik/Col. Mustafa, etc. Even Nikolai Volkoff fits in there, as well as many others. Hell, even Antonio Cesaro.

It's the good old "My country's dick is bigger than America's dick"-gimmick. Did I say good? I meant tired and cliched.

Hassan was fantastic in the ring and even better on the mic. His sidekick was just as entertaining (and a pretty decent wrestler himself) Hassan was.

Rusev is big and has someone else speak from him. Like his 125 predecessors, Rusev will be relegated to jobber/comedy act by the time the Royal Rumble rolls around.

There is no comparison between Rusev and Hasaan. Hasaan was light years better in every aspect there is. He did the talking while Rusev doesn't speak but a few words nobody understands. Plus Lana is much better looking than Davari! lol

Let's go through this.

1. A LOT of people of insulted America and claimed superiority elsewhere. Iron Sheik, General Adnan w/ Sgt. Slaughter, The Un-Americans, Team Canada, a number of foreign born United States Champions. It's a very broad feature among wrestling characters. And as stated before Hassan wasn't a foreigner claiming superiority. He was an American of Middle Easter Descent who was angry over being stereotyped.

3. They both have managers. Again, so do a lot of people. Brock Lesnar has Paul Heyman. Is Rusev another Brock Lesnar? Jack Swagger has Zeb colter. Is Rusev another Jack Swagger? Undertaker had Paul Bearer. Is Rusev another Undertaker?

The three similarities you pointed out are just broad claims that so happen to fit both men, as they fit a lot of other people. Difference being, Hassan actually got heat. People care way more about Lana than Rusev.

Also, WWE wouldn't want to make another Muhammad Hassan. Hassan was a character who got hot and six months later disappeared never to be seen again when things went south. If anything they wouldn't want to make "another Muhammad Hassan" they would try to make something that is "what Muhammad Hassan" should have been. Being another Muhammad Hassan is as useful as being another Gobbly Gooker, or another Shockmaster. I'm almost certain not a single person in that company is saying, "Let's make him another Muhammad Hassan"

Also, if I may be a grammar nazi here. Rusev is a name. Which means it should be capitalized. With an upper case R. Rusev, not rusev.

Hey grammar Nazi, it's Middle Eastern descent. Not Easter, and descent is not a name, thus not a proper noun. May not want to be a grammar Nazi if you make such blatant mistakes yourself. Lol

(1)
Hassan was portrayed as an Arab-American, and was basically saying truth with regards to how they were being treated...although coming on to the ending of the gimmick,he basically became what he was claiming not to be, and it was too edgy for many still feeling the effects of 9/11.

(2)
Many Superstars use the same move. I don't see the significance.

(3)
Rusev's manager is portraying a hot Russian woman, and I'd say from a personal POV, that the manager is much more interesting than Rusev ever has been and ever will be. Actually, I can see Lana keeping the Evil Foreign Manager gimmick and going beyond Rusev and maybe become the mouthpiece for other more talented Superstars going forward,tbh. Rusev meanwhile, seems to be a one-story Evil Foreign Monster gimmick thus far...I am just waiting to see if SuperCena will take him out eventually, or someone else will be chosen to stop his 'path of destruction'.

Is WWE trying to create a new Hassan?
Nope. Hassan wasn't a foreigner. He was good on the mic(Great actually, lMO), and he ran the show with an annoying practically worthless manager by his side. Would have been great to see how far he would go had his storylines been handled properly by Creative.

Will Rusev get death threats?
lol. I very much doubt it.
Actually, Lana is the Russian character, whilst Rusev is a Bulgarian that is 'living' in Russia. Since Lana is pure eye-candy, I very much doubt she'll get any death threats...

Let's go through this.

Hassan was AWESOME. WWE just took it too far, and then killed off the character after the London bombings, due to pressure from UPN.

That wasn't the fault of the character. His character was fantastic. They should've kept with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back