Is NXT wwe's next flagship show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebomber

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have been reading all the hype around NXT lately and WWE's intent to make it a major touring brand. This got me thinking about the evolution of WWE's programming, particularly their flagship show.

Raw has been the flagship show for over 20 years, but this hasn't always been the case. In the 70s and early 80s it was Championship Wrestling. In the late 80s it was Superstars of Wrestling (later just "Superstars"). It wasn't until WWE started airing Living programming in primetime with Raw that Superstars got moved to the backburner.

Now with the major increase in popularity that NXT is having, and it being exclusive to WWE's newest and exclusive form of media, is there any chance that NXT could surpass RAW in the next few years as the number 1 brand in WWE programing? Im unsure but think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I want to hear your thoughts.

As I believe that NXT is viewed as a feeder league for Raw and Smackdown, it's unlikely it would ever surpass Raw and if it did, it wouldn't be for long.

I like NXT as I believe it's big draw card is it isn't as overly produced as Raw/SD, if it did become the flagship, they'd take the one thing that makes it good and destroy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back