• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Matt Morgan destined to be a bodyguard/lackey?

BuckshotBrian13

American Dragon mofos
Seeing Ric Flair announcing that he hired Matt Morgan as a bodyguard for Fourtune, is Matt Morgan going to be destined to be someone else's lackey for his career?

It seems he has over his career starting in the wwe I think with Carlito if I am right? (Please correct me if I am wrong) Then he was released from the WWE and ended up in TNA. His first start there...he was a bodyguard for Jim Cornette. He finally wrestles again and then he tries to join the Main Event Mafia and for about 2-3 months, he becomes their lackey doing their bidding in hopes of joining the MEM. Then turn around and feuds Angle when he lost the chance to win the TNA world heavyweight championship. He feuds Angle for a while, and after that Team 3D and Rhyno. Then when the Hogan/Bischoff regime comes in and he feuds Hernandez for a while and here we go again. He tries to join a stable which is now Fourtune and he's back to the lackey role for Flair now.

Is Matt destined to be a lackey/bodyguard for his career?

I don't think he has any potential as a top singles star. He's terrible on the mic and compared to the big men in the WWE, he's nothing to worry about. His best fit is probably as part of a tag team with a smaller, agile partner where both his lack of mic and ring skills can be covered up. He's ok in small doses, so as part of a tag team with a guy who can move and who can talk, he might be ok.

I had hope for him last year with his feud with Angle, then it all went down hill. Your paobably right and he's better in a tag-team. But the looks of it now, he's going to be the bodyguard of Fortune for now.

At the age of 34, it's possible, but there's still time for him to go the Kevin Nash route and actually break from that stereotypical bodyguard mold. I'm not sure it's such a bad thing for him to be that enforcer type, though – why is that a bad thing, inherently, that is – because he doesn't go on some monster singles push? Who says he really needs that? I think he's plenty successful exactly where he is.

I agree with IDR, who says the enforcer role is such a shit job? Nash and Arn Anderson were classed as 'the enforcer' but both went on to great things; one broke free and the other revelled in his bodyguard role. I had high hopes for Morgan after BFG and the feud with Angle but at the end of the day, he's on television. Brutus Magnus is rumoured to be receiving some sort of push soon and he'ld push his granny under a bus to be where Morgan is at. Morgan has a solid gimmick that works well as both heel and face (albeit better as heel) and is slightly different from your normal heel. Age may be against him as far as heavyweight gold goes, but Batista and Sheamus may have something to say about that.

I'm fairly certain that he wasn't Carlito's bodyguard. He was the stuttering big man guy in the E.

But there really isn't anything super wrong with him going this route. He needs a mouth since his mic skills are AWFUL and his in ring skills aren't too bad. But hey, use him however he works the best.

I'm fairly certain that he wasn't Carlito's bodyguard. He was the stuttering big man guy in the E.

But there really isn't anything super wrong with him going this route. He needs a mouth since his mic skills are AWFUL and his in ring skills aren't too bad. But hey, use him however he works the best.

pretty much agree.. his mic skills rnt 100 percent his fault tho,he suffers from ADHD... he needs to be in a stable or atleast have a manager to get him over

Let's hope so, because he's fucking horrible in the ring and on the mic. It's too bad that such a great wrestling body was given to someone who doesn't have the tools to use it properly.

I don't think he has any potential as a top singles star. He's terrible on the mic and compared to the big men in the WWE, he's nothing to worry about. His best fit is probably as part of a tag team with a smaller, agile partner where both his lack of mic and ring skills can be covered up. He's ok in small doses, so as part of a tag team with a guy who can move and who can talk, he might be ok.

i can see big show,taker,kane(maybe, morgan is way more athletic) but in no wayyyyyyyyyyy is khali >morgan...not a chance....

i was actually hoping when he held the tag belts they went somewhere with the "we". nathan jones is supposedly signed(where the hell is he, hes been signed for awhile and has yet to debut) and thought maybe theyd bring the 2 back together to make a monster tag team

I actually think Morgan can hold his own on the mic. I thought he was tremendous when he had both the tag belts and was referring to himself as 'we'.

I'm hopeful that he becomes something more than a typical enforcer now that he is a part of Fortune.

Now wasn't Batista supposed to be just a bodyguard too? and what happened??

Listen, I think Morgan is a brilliant talent, he has the look, is decent on the mic, has his own set of moves; the guy is just a couple of storylines away from the big league.

I think under Ric Flair, two people are really gonna shine and breakout-
Robert Roode, Matt Morgan
Both these guys have enormous potential and I hope TNA can recognize that before the competition does.
They both are such natural heels, I mean you can just feel their cockyness in their every move and look.

I hope a year from now I see Robert Roode vs Kurt Angle at BFG with Roode winning his first TNA WHC!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back