• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it Time to Unify the Titles?

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
I think most TNA fans can agree that right now there are too many titles, being a champion is suppose to mean your the best ! So with that said i believe its time to unify Some of the TNA titles.

Which titles would you unify ?

My choice the Tag Titles and the X Division Title to create...the X division Tag Champions

That would be a stupid idea to unify the X-division and the Tag titles. In fact the TNA doesn't have to unify any titles just get rid of them. The TNA knockout tag-team titles, yeah they were a great idea when the first came out and had like 20 different knockouts but now its just pointless. The Legends/Global/TV title is kinda still a good idea to give lower mid carders something to fight for I just wish that people who hold the title live up to the rule that supposed to be on it and defend it every week and every ppv but that has yet to happen. The X-division might be dying but as the Impact that just passed, they may be getting it back to the way it was by having them all unit against Hulk and Eric. The Tag-team titles are starting to get lost like the WWE's but TNA does care about it and we might see a new team next week with matt hardy and a mystery partner (can't say who cuz of the rulez but we all know who it is) plus there are still a couple of teams fueding out there they could go for it anytime. The World title is alright, where its at and whos fueding with it, plus we are going to see more people start to go for it.

The legend...... errr Globa..... no..... Television title, Yes, that prestigeous title that's been held by Rob Terry, and Gunner (or is it Murphy?), I mean, they made a title with Booker T, Abyss and AJ Styles on its list look like an utter joke, does it have any worth? I'd say combine it with the knockout title, and let Micke James beat the goon for it, just to make it dissolve.

Knockout tag titles need to just dissolve as well, they aren't really useful at all, they've had 1 moment with introducing the Winter/Angelina/Velvet triangle, but that could of been accomplished other ways.

It'd actually be a downgrade to unify these titles with any other, The X-division title at least has some prestige left. (amazing after Robby E. held it)

Yeah its silly to Unify the titles.

The best thing they can do is simply get rid of the KO Tag Team Titles.

Having 5 belts is fine. X Division, TV Title, World Title, Tag Team Title and KO.

You could Unify the TV and X Division if you really wanted. The simple thing is to actually use the belts.

Yeah its silly to Unify the titles.

The best thing they can do is simply get rid of the KO Tag Team Titles.

Having 5 belts is fine. X Division, TV Title, World Title, Tag Team Title and KO.

You could Unify the TV and X Division if you really wanted. The simple thing is to actually use the belts.

Let's go with your last line. If you unified the X and TV belts, you'd have one belt for the midcard. This might actually put a focus on the midcard and might let us know who is actually in it. With renewed focus on this midcard title, it could be used to elevate midcarders. As of now, the X title and the TV title do nothing for the holders and are barely relevant. It might be because no one knows which is supposed to be more important.

If you make a distinct midcard belt, it might seem like people would go after it. Plus, if getting this belt became special in that holders would be seen as important and would have a chance to move up the card with it, then it could work.

There are too many belts at this point so my suggestion would be to get rid of the Knockouts tag titles and unify the X and TV belts. Then, put your focus on the remaining belts and you might have something.

whoever said to get rid of the ko womens title is right, the rest of u r absolutely retarted and know nothing about wrestling

I feel like the WWE marks make a thread every week for this... Honestly it's kind of obnoxious. Sure the KO Tag division is weak after the lose of half the division due to concussions, WWe, and just plain old being released but as evidenced in the last few weeks the womens ranks are slowly building back up and with the newest female hire (damn no spoiler rule) i can see her being a major player in the KO ranks after the Angle/Jerrett feud but her star power will over shadow quite a few of the div... er... knockouts making the tag titles important (at least for now) to give the ladies something to do. Now the TV title... amazing titlewhen done right I mean hell my hometown hero Arn Anderson is a 4 time WCW tv champ and he was the muscle for the most prestigious stable ever, they just need to give it a good build, and I can see that happening in the coming year as the Immortal/Fortune feud winds down, hell possibly sooner rather than later if RR gets a singles carreer i feel he may be able to turn the TV title into the equivalent of the the 80-90's IC title. Now The X division is a trickier thing but the way I see it This X Division joining the anti Immortal fray will culminate at Destination X and breathe new life into the division, think of right now as the Cruiserweight division from 92-96 only the title is still here and on a deserving champ. Also I have one complaint about the WHC division... #IWANTCHRISTIAN... but AJ RR Matt Morgan, Matt hardy or Abyss when he couldn't talk will do as well.

Absolutely not, just get rid of the ko tagteam titles, they are worthless. All they need to do is get the tv title on the right person (crimson) and push the shit out of them, have the title defended every week on the show (thats why it's the tv title), then there will be a focus on both the title and the wrestler.

Same with the X division title just defend it more often put a focus on it, Kas is a good person to let run with the title he has the look and the skill set, just needs more tv time.

The hw title doesn't need to be defended on tv every week, quit giving ppv type matches away on impact. You can further storylines without defending the title.

How exactly do you unify a tag title into a singles title? That's never happened.

And there are guys who aren't X division, that get tag title runs too.

So no, you don't need to unify anything.

No, they don't need to unify any titles IMO. They just need to make them more relevant. Take for example the TV title. Absolutely no one is fighting over it now. Now one gives promos how they want to be next tv champ, now one is challenging gunner, basically now one is talking about this title any more. None tna wrestler cares about it. Make them care, make them fight over it and maybe the tv title will mean something.

The same goes for X division title. Where is Kaz? Where are Bucks? Where are other people chasing after this title? At last Impact, some x division guys went to Bischoff complaining about their situation. maybe this will develop to something interesting and hopefully increase the prestige of x division and its title.

Women tag team title? Are there even any tag teams left in knockouts except Sarita and Rosita? If you are the only tag team, then by default you are the best tag team. So there is no point having this title without any tag teams.

Personally I'm not a fan of more than World, Mid card, a Novelty title (X-division/Hardcore) & Tag and Womens.

Simply sure they're is a lot of roster space for belts but too many belts that are easy to fill end up being lost in the shuffle due to not enough TV time and we end up with belts looking extremely weak. I guess it all depends on what you like and don't.

The only title TNA needs to get rid of is the Women's Tag belts. The idea was worth a shot, but they launched the belts right after the Knockouts division hit its peak in 2008-9. Since its inception, the belts have served as little more then a reason to push four women out on stage at the same time on Impact.

The Television title (it's still the Television title, right? I gave up trying to keep track) I have mixed opinions about. In theory, it's the #2 belt. In actuality, no one gives a shit who the Television champion is. Past history says "put the belt on someone who it's a bit below, so they can bring the prestige of the title up a bit, but AJ Styles finished up with a good long run not too long ago, and no one cared that he was champion. I still think it could work, but I have no idea how you'd make it work.

The X-Division makes me sad, because when I started watching TNA it was the most obvious difference from the WWE. So often TNA tries to tell people how they're different then the WWE, but truth be it told, they've both evolved into the same style of sports entertainment. (Hi, red rep! But it's true.) The X-Division was an immediately noticeable contrast. Now, I don't even know who the X-Division champion is. It looks like people are about to be treated to skinny white guys dressed as Mexicans now, so I'm pretty confident that the management of TNA doesn't have much of a clue what people want from the X-Division; action, not image. We get plenty of image during your other segments.

The World, Tag, and Women's titles are sticking around in their current incarnation. Every promotion has all three if they have a women's division. (SHIMMER, you don't count in this case.)

If any title is removed, it'll be the Women's Tag belts. Useless since their inception. Saving the carry-on luggage charge for the belts would be reason enough.

Unify? No. Scrap? Maybe.

TNA just doesn't have enough television time to hold a ruthless takeover :)lmao:) and feature all of the titles. Immortal draws, Brrrrother.

But, to be serious, I don't know which title should be done away with. All of them serve a purpose. The T.V. title serves mid-carders who aren't high flyers, and the X-Division title gives spot-monkeys something to fight for. If I had to pick one to scrap, I would go with the T.V. title, only because X-Division guy vs. X-Divsion guy is a hell of a lot more entertaining than X-Division guy vs. ...Gunner.

I would also scrap the Knockouts Tag Titles. They serve no purpose, and the women are already taking up more than enough television time. Television time is the problem, really. Not sure there's a solution for that.

one thing to say they need to get rid of tv title stupid waste of time title

bring back some old tna originals like raven,wildcat chris harris,jay leathel and a few others

Loving some of the literacy in this thread. Really high-level stuff. :lmao:

Anyway, the only title that needs scrapping in my opinion is the Knockouts Tag Team Championships.Each male division title in TNA actually has a number of possible contenders for it.

Look:
The Tag Team Division has Beer Money, Mexican America, Orlando Jordan/Eric Youn, British Invasion, Generation Me, Ink Inc. and MCMG.

The X-Division has Amazing Red/Sangriento, Max Buck, Jeremy Buck, Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, and Alex Shelley.

The TV title has heavyweight dudes like Rob Terry, Gunner, Murphy, Bully Ray, Matt Hardy, Devon, and Tommy Dreamer.

The Knockouts Division is too thin however to support tag-teams, and could use trimming off a couple of the more useless wrestlers under contract and incoming. Keeping only a singles title for the division and simply featuring tag-team matches as an occasional part of storylines would be so much for the better.

I'm used to seeing a thread almost every week about unifying the titles in WWE. Unlike WWE TNA only has one brand with one set of titles. I don't get unifying a more prestigious title with a lesser one. Anyway I think the KO tag title should definitely be scrapped. The KO division as a whole is nowhere near what it once was. They barely have enough women to keep the KO title prestigious as is.

The TV title is pretty meaningless now, but I blame that on shitty booking. Having guys like Gunner and Terry hold it haven't brought any prestige to it. But I don't think it should be scrapped. Having a mid card title is important to help elevate talent to the next level if booked right.

The X Division is what helped TNA get noticed and should be rebooted but not scrapped. It should be the backbone of TNA once again.

I'm not sure why people seem to have convinced themselves that a TV Title has to be defended every week, I was never aware that was in the rules.

I'm going to agree with the majority in that the Knockouts Tag Titles should just be scrapped. I'm not even sure why they were intoduced in the first place as TNA never had a womans tag division back when they were introduced (minus TBP). And they still don't have one now (minus 1 or 2 teams).

As for unifying any Titles? I’ve been thinking this for a little while as well. If you break down TNA’s roster they don’t have enough mid carders for both a TV and X-Division Title. Personally I would have Gunner and Kazarian in a unification match at Slammiversary. Have Gunner attack Kaz because Immortal wants him to completely remove the X-Division from “their TNA”. As well as furthering the Immortal/Fortune storyline. Then have Gunner step in the ring and destroy various X-Division guys week after week until he finally gets his hands on Kaz. I would also have Ric Flair as Gunners manager to do any talking. Gunner fits much better as the silent assassin type and Flair needs something to do right now.

At Slammiversary Gunner picks up the win, unifying the TV and X-Division Titles. Maybe even have Flair get involved and help Gunner as Flair still has a gripe with Fortune for going into business for themselves. Gunner would also get some good heat for killing off the X-Division. Now with the two mid card Titles unified, look at the division you could have:

Gunner (Champion), Crimson, Bully Ray (if not in the main event), Abyss, Kazarian, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Scott Steiner, Robbie E, Brian Kendrick, Sangriento and Suicide.

That’s looks much stronger than having two separate mid card divisions IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back