Is it time for the 6 Man Tag Elimination Chamber?

NotoriousMEAT

TWITTER: @Son_Broku
Unlike most of my threads where I can't shut up, I'll try to keep this short. What I'm asking is, might it be time that we have the 6 Man Tag Team Elimination Chamber match? Anyone who plays WWE Games, knows that every year they include this match, though we've never seen it take place in real life. For anyone who hasn't played the match, it's the exact same as a regular Elimination Chamber match, but instead of 6 opponents, it's two teams of 3. Two men start, 4 others exit their pods at random. A winner is decided once one team has been completely eliminated. I'm just looking where things are headed this year, I think it may be headed towards this match. Regardless of who wins or loses this Sunday at the Rumble, The Rock is clearly going to be involved with the WWE Championship going forward. We know he's competing at Elimination Chamber, but I just can't for the life of me see him stepping into that chamber to defend or challenge for the title. Not even as a 6th entrant to clean house. Rocky wants the spotlight on him. So how about this year, we have one Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship, and one Elimination Chamber 6 man tag team match featuring The Shield vs let's say Ryback, Sheamus, & Randy Orton. I gotta say I think that'd be a pretty awesome match, and it'd certainly freshen up the chamber a bit. And now that I'm convinced they're heading towards a Orton vs Sheamus match at WrestleMania, it could also be the perfect place for Randy to eventually strike against Sheamus. Damn it, there I go rambling.

Question time.
Do you like the idea of the 6 Man Tag Team Elimination Chamber match?
Could it work, and would you use it?

That actually sounds like a great idea, i've thought that same question for awhile myself.
it's been on the games for a while so it must be for a reason.
As for The Shield v.s. Orton, Ryback, and Sheamus match i feel that could be pulled off and it would give The Shield a chance to move into a fued that requires all 3 of them to show what they got. Really all we've seen from them are the taped backstage promos and random jumpings, minus the TLC match, and i match i saw of them at a house show last Sunday againt Team Hell No and Orton that was fought to a DQ win for Face Team. But in a simple answer...Yes, i feel its time for 6 man tag chamber match. But also i think it would piss some fans off due to both titles not being defended in the chamber. but i approve and you approve so its all good.

I'm against this notion. The idea of Elimination Chamber is essentially "6 men putting their bodies on the line for a chance to main event Wrestlemania as champion". I could see this possibly being a Hell in a Cell match at Mania but not as an EC match. Plus if they did something like this you know the IWC will be screaming "we want war games" which I don't think is something Vince wants at the moment since it isn't a WWE creation.

I feel as if they're building up to this match already. Ryback and shield have already been a part of a tlc tag match and it would be a backwards step in the feud to have them face off in a normal tag match now. With EC coming up, this seems to make the most logical booking. Im all for a storyline to head into the chamber with too as every EC since evolution split has been just...there to give us an elimination chamber. There's been no good storyline going in, just titles on the line.

Im all for this and hope they do it.

With the recent talk of brand shows now gone, there's no need for 2 titles, therefore I can see the unification of the WWE and WHC titles happening very soon for the new look belt. Now you could have the main event at EC with Del Rio, Punk, Rock, Cena, Show, Ziggler all vying for the Undisputed Title and free up the 2nd EC match for The Shield vs Ryback, Orton, Sheamus. Personally, I'd also like to see Rhodes Scholars finally win the belts in an EC match with Hell NO and then eith Rey & Sin, PTP or The Usos

A) I like the idea of a 6-man tag team EC match, a VERY good option, although you would have to make it believable. Given that the pods open at 5 minute intervals, I can't see the internet or the fans believing that Dean Ambrose could last 5 minutes up against Randy Orton and Ryback inside the Chamber for example, so the idea is fine, just needs tweaking

B) I'd even go one step further and make a tag team EC match, with 6 different tag teams inside the chamber

Hell No
Rhodes Scholars
Rey and Sin Cara
PTP
Primo and Epico
The Usos

mattrhys20 you beat me to it there that is my thinking i would love to see a tag team chamber match two people in the pod would be great but i think the time between pods opening would need to come down a bit due to the extra people

Why the hell not, not we won't know if it's a good idea until WWE actually decide to do it.. I used to always play this match type when I had SVR08..

Now because Sheild are a 3 man team, it's the perfect time for the E to bring this match to reality. However I don't think Ryback, Sheamus, & Randy Orton are the best possible opponents because they would more likely be involved in the other title matches..

I would also go the extra mile and put the tag titles on the line, 3 teams of 2, it could still work.. Same rules ofcourse.

I've always been of the opinion that if all the belts(except the Diva's) were defended in the Elimination chamber, the PPV Quality would've been much more awesome (and most of the Roster gets something to do).

That aside, the 6 man tag team is a good idea. I would prefer it to be The Shield vs Ryback , Orton and Sheamus. Useful scenario for Orton to turn on Sheamus(not turn heel, because the IWC will cheer him once he knocks sheamus out cold). Also Ryback could get his comeuppance on the Shield and move on to feuding with Big Show.

Other users suggesting Team Hell No defending their titles in an EC match are also right. This way, the production team spends less time lowering/lifting the chamber.

I think throwing the shield in the chamber could be cool (if done right). It's obvious what 3 opponents they would have but I do think that it would give the shield another chance to show what they can do in a match. Much like TLC, they dominated the match and facing off against another couple of former world champs could cement them as a dominant force. All depend on what happens at the rumble.

I must also admit, with my idea (sorry SpursBoy, but I got there first making it mine HAHA, being a Fulham fan that makes me feel good, unless you mean San Antonio Spurs, in which case I have no beef with you) that keeping two guys inside the same pod might be an issue depending on size. Rey and Sin Cara no problem, but Titus O'Neill takes up a lot of space and might crush Darren Young. Same goes for Kane and Bryan

I must also admit, with my idea (sorry SpursBoy, but I got there first making it mine HAHA, being a Fulham fan that makes me feel good, unless you mean San Antonio Spurs, in which case I have no beef with you) that keeping two guys inside the same pod might be an issue depending on size. Rey and Sin Cara no problem, but Titus O'Neill takes up a lot of space and might crush Darren Young. Same goes for Kane and Bryan

I was thinking the same thing, It'll be a tight squeeze in every pod regardless of the team, I guess that the pods would be made bigger. Alternatively you can have one man in the pod, when it opens his tag partner comes from the back.

I do really like the idea of a 6 man tag EC match. It would be something new on WWE TV. The Shield v Ryback and 2 others would be great. Seeing Ambrose in an Elimination Chamber would be insane.

I was just discussing this idea with a friend the other day. Given the Shield's success in the TLC match it would be flat out wrong of the WWE not to at least give it a shot. Plus it would cater to those NWA/WCW fans who still have a boner for the War Games style matches.

The only issue is the Shield is currently feuding with Sheamus, Ryback, and Randy Orton by current storyline... If you took those three away from the main chamber matches the talent pool would be a little bit dry.

They will probably end up having the RAW elimination chamber match be for a WWE title shot at WM, as they've done in the past. Hell the last time they did that, Cena won it and ended up main eventing Wrestlemania over the Royal Rumble winner.

As far as a 6 man tag in the Chamber, I don't like it. I don't recall the WWE ever having a non title Elimination Chamber (excluding the WM title shot ones obviously). I think there needs to be something on the line, or the match just wouldn't be the same.

Not a bad idea, and in my old e-fed this match was actually booked at one time, though it got called off like a month later because the guys who were supposed to compete in it, left, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in real life. It would be nice if just this one time only, the Elimination Chamber was actually used to end a feud, was used as an environment for people who just wanted to fight each other instead of trying to earn some #1 contender shot at a world title. The Elimination Chamber is a spin-off of the War Games match afterall where they ended feuds. If we could see a 6 man tag TLC with nothing on the line there, then why not this just this one time?

I think they could put all three men of the Shield in the same Elimination Chamber match. It wouldn't be an official tag match, but they would essentially be a 3-on-everyone else.

If you have official teams, isn't it basically exactly War Games?

I've always wondered why it was in the games. Certainly this year a match involving the shield , Ryback/Orton/Sheamus could be very enjoyable. It gives us something different and gives these guys something to do.

Do you like the idea of the 6 Man Tag Team Elimination Chamber match?
I was a little late responding to this thread, but yeah I like the idea. It will give it that War Games feel without having to full blown bring War Games back. I like the time where a team will get the advantage, and we wait for usually the faces to come in and even it up. Makes for a pretty exciting match.

Could it work, and would you use it?
It seems like we are going to see this match at the EC ppv, and I think it will work if they use it to keep getting The Shield over. My fear is they will use this match wrong and the already over faces will come out looking strong going into mania. I just hope The Shield looks strong even if they lose. I think the best way to use it would be to get guys in it that need that last little push, and encourage them to give the performance of their lives. A brutal match like that could really get stars up to the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back