• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is It Time For A Lucha Division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_patriots11

Occasional Pre-Show
I've never been that much into Lucha wrestling, but with WWE bringing in Sin Cara, I do think he is highly entertaining. The WWE is targeting the kids with the whole "PG" era and what more do kids like than cool dudes in masks doing flips and moonsaults all over the ring. The storylines in WWE do nothing for me these days, and have few wrestlers that I do pay attention to anymore because they lack personality, uniqueness, and just seem like the same cardboard-type product that really made me start to hate WWE after the attitude era ended. I see Sin Cara as a bright spot of WWE's future, and I think that if the WWE were to go in that direction in bringing in a few more Lucha guys, I think it would work. Maybe even have a storyline where they try and take over, if not, whatever they still would entertain highly.

Not Lucha, per se, but they do need to bring back the Cruiserweight division. Growing up a fan of WCW, I truly do miss the old Cruiserweight matches (remember, I'm talking about in WCW, not what WWE did with the Cruiserweights/Light Heavyweights). Anyway, it's past time they do this. Look at the roster and you'll see why.

As you mentioned, there is Sin Cara, who could be the face of this new division/class. Then we have people like:
Rey Mysterio
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chavo Guerrero
Yoshi Tatsu
Primo Colon
Tyson Kidd

I think, as with TNA's X-Division, it should be about a style of wrestling rather than a weight class. Since you mentioned a Lucha Libre style, I guess that actually makes sense. Even a guy as big as Alberto Del Rio wrestled (and still can wrestle) that high flying, exciting style. If WWE were to go this route, they'd need to make the belt important and not bury it like they did with the Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight belt before.

I'm thinking you combine the US and IC titles and introduce this one. I'd definitely be excited to see this happen.

Past time. I'd love to see a division in the WWE filled with guys like Mistico, Dos Caras Jr, Mysterio, Juvy, Psicosis, La Parka, Shocker, Super Crazy, and some of the other guys like that. Would def. be entertaining and a nice break away from the bigtime matches and the constant focus on Main eventers and big stars(Cena, Orton, Triple H, etc). Instead of throwing in a restroom break, i mean Divas match, to fill time we could have some nice Luchador matches instead.

yeah if tna is the one who is holding it cuzz we know if the wwe is having one it will be buried just like vince did the rebirth of ecw

Yes. It is time to bring back the Cruiserweight Division. You have the likes of Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, Chavo, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne and Yoshi Tatsu and most of them, you will never put a big time belt on but yet, all of them are great workers who can put on terrific matches so I think it's time they get some respect and bring back the Cruiserweight Championship. I didn't list Rey Mysterio because I think he's become too big for that but it would still be a hell of a division. Move Bourne and Primo to Smackdown and have either a tournament or a battle royal to crown a new Cruiserweight Champion.

Well yeah I was actually thinking about this idea, but then I remembered that there's HORNSWOGGLE who could bury all these talented performers like he did back in what I think was 2007 with the Cruiserweight Title, so as long as they keep that little midget away from the like of Daniel Bryan, this new generation Cruiserweight division would be absolutely perfect.

I wouldn't bring a Lucha-only division either, but I definitely would love to bring back a cruiserweight division. I was always a fan of cruiserweights doing back to WCW and anything to bring them back would be awesome. I'm really annoyed by how the smaller guys do nothing but get destroyed by the bigger guys and they never get a chance to show what they really can do in the ring. By giving them their own separate division again along with a belt that they and they alone can go after, many superstars will get their chance to shine.

I'm not gonna go down the list of guys that can make the division as countless people do it when this topic is brought up, but I know that if you start Raw or SD off with something as exciting as a cruiserweight match it will really get the momentum going for the rest of the night.

Sin Cara can definitely prove to be a catalyst for bringing back the division so long as he stays hot.

The WWE has enough trouble manage the IC, US, Divas, and Tag title divisions correctly, do you honestly think adding another title and division is going to help?

Take the following Superstars
Sin Cara
Rey Mysterio
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chavo Guerrero
Yoshi Tatsu
Primo Colon
Tyson Kidd
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins

move them all over to Superstars and build the up there. They could rename the show Spot Monkeys and every week could feature them high flying their way to the bottom of the card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back