Is CM Punk the Tupac Shakur of the WWE?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Today June 16th is the birthday of the late great Tupac Shakur. He would have been 42 years-old. Also today is the day that CM Punk returns to the ring at Payback in his hometown of Chicago,IL

Ever since CM Punk dropped that "pipebomb" in Las Vegas, NV live on monday night RAW two years ago Punk has been viewed upon by many wrestling fans as an outspoken rising superstar in the WWE. "The voice of the voiceless" as Punk puts it. With his "cult of personality" taking over the airwaves week-in & week-out, CM Punk has become the rebel of the WWE. Much like how Tupac was the rebel of the underground in his day.

Tupac Shakur was on top of the Hip-Hop world before his death in Las Vegas, NV back in 1996...and CM Punk has won a WWE world title various times as a main draw. Both men had to start small before making it big in their respective field's of work. Sure Tupac was breaded from childhood to become the man that he became. But CM Punk was born to be "the best in the world" at what he does in the WWE. So with that all being said.

Do you think that CM Punk is to the WWE to what Tupac Shakur was to Hip-Hop/Rap?

A stupid question, a stupid assessment.

Asinine all around and before this gets binned, No he isn't the 2Pac of WWE, if you say that to him he will slap you in the face and say : My name kid, is C....M....PUNK!

He has forged his own identity in this world and I'm glad he is unlike anyone before him.

You're asking if a performer using a gimmick is the same as an artist expressing himself? That's an emphatic no. Anyway you could think to ask this question could only be answered with a no.

I'm a huge 2Pac fan myself but this thread is a disgrace to the name and legacy of Tupac Shakur. Keep Tupac out of wrestling conversations. Tupac is a music legend and hip hop icon that has passed. He is without a doubt the greatest hip hop artists of all time. His impact and his abundance of fans he brought to the genre is incredible. If you're going to make a Tupac comparison with wrestling, it should be with guys like Hogan or Steve Austin. Guys who drew money and impacted the business and changed the business for the better. CM Punk is not even the top guy in WWE. CM Punk doesn't draw. Proof is in his title reign. Nor do I think he's the most over guy in WWE nor do I think he's the most talented guy. You're putting CM Punk on a pedestal he doesn't belong on and quite frankly overrating him. Either way, the comparison of comparing a real artists to anything in prowrestling is very asinine. I disapprove of you, your comments, and this thread 100%.

WTF? How long has 2Pac been dead and how many people still remember him and still listen to his music? If CM Punk left wrestling he would be forgotten about in a couple of years or so. No way anyone would still remember him over 15 years later.

I'm a huge 2Pac fan myself but this thread is a disgrace to the name and legacy of Tupac Shakur. Keep Tupac out of wrestling conversations. Tupac is a music legend and hip hop icon that has passed. He is without a doubt the greatest hip hop artists of all time. His impact and his abundance of fans he brought to the genre is incredible. If you're going to make a Tupac comparison with wrestling, it should be with guys like Hogan or Steve Austin. Guys who drew money and impacted the business and changed the business for the better. CM Punk is not even the top guy in WWE. CM Punk doesn't draw. Proof is in his title reign. Nor do I think he's the most over guy in WWE nor do I think he's the most talented guy. You're putting CM Punk on a pedestal he doesn't belong on and quite frankly overrating him. Either way, the comparison of comparing a real artists to anything in prowrestling is very asinine. I disapprove of you, your comments, and this thread 100%.

Your acting as if 2pac was the beatles or something. Hes not one of the top artists of all time, i actually find it insulting that you would compare tupac to austin or punk. He is not the best of even a generation. Hes just a zack ryder, very average with a catchphrase.

I......am not even sure what to say. 2pac and Punk? I hope you were high when you thought up this thread. This makes less sense than Vince Russo's booking.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Can someone please put this thread out of its misery?

Punk's whole "voice of the voiceless" spiel was about change or something, right? Yeah, what exactly did he change? His music?

I'm surprised that you didn't parallel Punk with Kurt Cobain. Then again, I'm not surprised that you went with Tupac as evidenced by 95% of your threads.

Your acting as if 2pac was the beatles or something. Hes not one of the top artists of all time, i actually find it insulting that you would compare tupac to austin or punk. He is not the best of even a generation.

Who was better than Tupac? Biggie? He had a better flow but Tupac was the better overall artist between the two as much as I respect the work and legacy of The Notorious B.I.G.

First off.. no. I am a fan of Punk. I'm also a huge supporter of Pac and his legacy. The biggest piece of that legacy is the amount of work he did in a couple years, and the fact that he was years ahead of his time. In that sense I will say Shawn Michaels was the closest thing to a 2pac in the wrestling business. Shawn Michaels began in an era where size and look was everything. You had to look and wrestle a certain way to be a world champ. Shawn entered smaller and more athletic than most. Played by his own rules. Changed the business. He was ahead of his time!

Your acting as if 2pac was the beatles or something. Hes not one of the top artists of all time, i actually find it insulting that you would compare tupac to austin or punk. He is not the best of even a generation. Hes just a zack ryder, very average with a catchphrase.

Your f'n crazy! Either you didn't grow up in the 90's or you don't know jack about hip hop or music. When 2pac was rapping about the troubles in society, the hypocrisy of the government, and teen moms getting killed prostituting themselves to feed their rape baby, most rappers were rapping about parties and money. Everytime 2pac rapped he poured out this level of passion, honesty, and knowledge that is still hard to match 20 years later! 2pac is definitely in the top 5 of greatest artists of all time, any genre of music.

Well, your first inaccurate statement was referring to X-PAC, PAC-Man, or whatever the fuck that overhyped clown's name was and putting him in the same sentence as Phil Brooks the man or CM Punk the character.

What you wrote is pointless and I am not sure what you are looking for.

Well, your first inaccurate statement was referring to X-PAC, PAC-Man, or whatever the fuck that overhyped clown's name was and putting him in the same sentence as Phil Brooks the man or CM Punk the character.

The picture behind my name begs to differ with you.

2pac is in the LIBRARY OF THE FRICKIN CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES OF MUHFUGGIN AMERICA to be preserved until the end of time/ an alien invasion that kills us all. He was on the Pope's playlist dude, the Pope...

CM Punk carried a big gold prop around for 400-odd days and called himself the best in the world for doing stunts in his underwear with grown men.

Your statement is invalid.

Your f'n crazy! Either you didn't grow up in the 90's or you don't know jack about hip hop or music. When 2pac was rapping about the troubles in society, the hypocrisy of the government, and teen moms getting killed prostituting themselves to feed their rape baby, most rappers were rapping about parties and money. Everytime 2pac rapped he poured out this level of passion, honesty, and knowledge that is still hard to match 20 years later! 2pac is definitely in the top 5 of greatest artists of all time, any genre of music.

The biggest issue I have with the legacy of Tupac is that people took his style but left his substance. This is usually the case with legends but Thug Life proved to be a more dangerous legacy stylistically speaking. People didn't realize that Thug Life, as Tupac meant it, was a form of rebellion against the oppression that was still rampant in western society and still is.

tupac is overrated
CM punk is underrated

First, that's a very classy move, SydTinDad, insulting a dead man that's likely done more with his short life than you have or will with yours. Second, what Tupac did with his craft spoke to the youth of the west, all CM Punk does, for as good as he may or may not be at it, is wrestle. Third, I dare you and Buds Bundy to articulate what's so overrated/overhyped about Tupac. I bet you can't.

The picture behind my name begs to differ with you.

2pac is in the LIBRARY OF THE FRICKIN CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES OF MUHFUGGIN AMERICA to be preserved until the end of time/ an alien invasion that kills us all. He was on the Pope's playlist dude, the Pope...

CM Punk carried a big gold prop around for 400-odd days and called himself the best in the world for doing stunts in his underwear with grown men.

Your statement is invalid.

The pope, huh? You think you know a guy.

You just disrespected 2pac...2pac changed hip hop and inspired an entire culture. 2pac is considered one of the very best of all time. Cm Punk is not on his level...I would compare him to someone like Lupe Fiasco...very good at what he does but doesnt get the recognition that he deserves. The Rock or Austin would be more of a 2pac of wrestling.

RUN DMC=Hard Foundation, N.W.A. = 4 Horseman, The Rock would be Pac, Austin would be Biggie, Punk is like Kanye when Kanye was newer or when he is speaking his mind such as with Bush or on Taylor Swift.

I Still wonder why in the name of God you would make such a stupid thread with such a bizarre allusion..

Wow, one person lays a giant shit and the flies have it swarmed within moments. While the OP may not have been a Watergate level investigation, you've certainly done nothing to smother the stench.

I think X Pac might be named after 2 Pac not vice versa dumbass. The Pac in pacman isn't even said the same way and being named after a powerful Incan Emperor or Indian fighter (Tupac Amaru or Tupac Amaru II) sounds alot more heroic then being named a Punk..

What was so great about Tupac anyway?

Enlighten me. I know he was a (great?) musician, but his lifestyle ended up putting him in danger....and he got shot. Thug life usually results in thug death.

I will admit that I don't know that much about him. I know he is well respected by many, but definitely not everybody.

RUN DMC=Hard Foundation, N.W.A. = 4 Horseman, The Rock would be Pac, Austin would be Biggie, Punk is like Kanye when Kanye was newer or when he is speaking his mind such as with Bush or on Taylor Swift.

I Still wonder why in the name of God you would make such a stupid thread with such a bizarre allusion..

After reading this post, I realize that I misunderstood the OP's question and I'm sorry about that. .

I don't think that Punk is the Tupac of the WWE because he's not really trying to change anything. All the did was bitch about his status in the company and hold out for more money.

What was so great about Tupac anyway?

Enlighten me. I know he was a (great?) musician, but his lifestyle ended up putting him in danger....and he got shot. Thug life usually results in thug death.

I will admit that I don't know that much about him. I know he is well respected by many, but definitely not everybody.

As an African born in America, the greatest thing about Tupac was that he spoke about the atrocities that were and are still being carried out here in the U.S. against people of color. He was the last real significant voice that spoke in the same ideology as the Honorable Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, and the original Black Panther Party For Self Defense speaking in terms of black nationalism and unity. When he developed the mantra of "Thug Life," he didn't mean it as what the term "thug" has come to represent today. It was him attempting to re-appropriate the label that was cast upon our brothers and sisters in an act of defiance against those who would hold us down. The problem with the legacy that he left is that his style was what became mainstream and not his substance. Most of the people that speak of Tupac today don't really understand what he truly meant to his art form and to our people. I don't think it was his lifestyle when he was on Death Row that got him killed, it was the change that he tried to bring about. As Corey Glover sang on "Cult of Personality," when a leader speaks that leader dies.

Today June 16th is the birthday of the late great Tupac Shakur. He would have been 42 years-old. Also today is the day that CM Punk returns to the ring at Payback in his hometown of Chicago,IL

Ever since CM Punk dropped that "pipebomb" in Las Vegas, NV live on monday night RAW two years ago Punk has been viewed upon by many wrestling fans as an outspoken rising superstar in the WWE. "The voice of the voiceless" as Punk puts it. With his "cult of personality" taking over the airwaves week-in & week-out, CM Punk has become the rebel of the WWE. Much like how Tupac was the rebel of the underground in his day.

Tupac Shakur was on top of the Hip-Hop world before his death in Las Vegas, NV back in 1996...and CM Punk has won a WWE world title various times as a main draw. Both men had to start small before making it big in their respective field's of work. Sure Tupac was breaded from childhood to become the man that he became. But CM Punk was born to be "the best in the world" at what he does in the WWE. So with that all being said.

Do you think that CM Punk is to the WWE to what Tupac Shakur was to Hip-Hop/Rap?

Good ol' dependable Mack_Swagger with another poopy thread.

One of the guidelines in posting a thread is to not have an absolute answer to your question. This question doesn't open up discussion for anything except how much folks like or hate 2Pac. Nothing about CM Punk is related to 2Pac in any shape or form, therefore is rendered an invalid thread.

You don't have to grasp at straws to post a thread. Just find an interesting topic and create discussion about it.

That being said, this thread is like what should have happened to Kim Kardashian's child - it needs to be aborted.

But to answer the question and avoid being warned for spam, no - CM Punk is not like 2Pac because they have different backgrounds, different attitudes about society, and they've both done different things with their life, therefore they can't be compared in any facet.

Tupac is more comparable to Jesus then CM Punk.

Misunderstood, sacrificed by those he was trying to help and only truly appreciated after his death.

100 years from now people will still know who Tupac was. Yes people will know Punk but not to the same extent they will know Pac.Tupac will touch lifes 100 years from now.

However I know the OP wasnt comparing Tupac the man to Cm Punk the man or their legacy for that matter.

You CAN see the comparisons to Tupac's struggle to the top with Punk's in the WWE. For that I agree, there are valid points that Punk had to be outspoken and not be afraid to get in trouble 4 what he said. It has worked for Punk, we as fans stood up and listened.

The difference is that Punk is working in the entertainment industry and is on top now. You can argue that Tupac was also in the entertainment industry, but I disagree as there was so much more to what Tupac was doing. Tupac was political and was changing the world not just wrestling.

I like Tupac.

No? Tupac is an international icon, while Punk is someone who has been known to decrease ratings. They both are outspoken, & talented people at what they do but there's a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back