Is Bobby Lashley's TNA Run Through?

Boring

Occasional Pre-Show
Bobby Lashley is focused on amateur MMA, not pro-wrestling. He left WWE for no apparent reason and then TNA to pursure his MMA career. He's like Lesnar, just doesn't give a dang about pro-wrestling. Unlike Lesnar, Lashley fights in the basements of donut shops while Lesnar became a UFC Heavyweight Champion.

Now that Impact Wrestling is on DestAmer, what use does TNA have for Lashley and the band of MMA flunkies we've been force fed due to obligations to Spike and Bellator. Rampage Jackson saw the writing on the wall and after he embarassed Bellator(and Queen Mo,) he high tailed it back to UFC. Queen Muhammed Mahal is a joke and Ben Askren was right all along, Bellator fighters can't fight. And at this point, Tito is just a joke, fighting relics like himself. And those are guys who actually fight on a card, Lashley's been on the undercard fighting butchers's apprentices and waffle house cooks.

Now that TNA is done with Spike, does it also mean the end of this Lashley push, which even though accidental, wasn't terrible, but yet should of never happened?

Just when TNA gets to the point where all the old guys are gone and they can finally unleash whats left of the original, unappreciated talent, they go and push Smackdown 2007 on us.

So what do you think? Is Lashley done? Will he stick with Bellator?

As far as I know, Lashley is still fighting in Bellator. And I imagine he could conceivably win the TNA title back from Roode when Impact returns. Have you watched Bellator, like thoroughly? Outside of Tito they do have some good up and comers. Lashley is hitting 40 soon, but the guy can still go regardless of the arena. I don't know when his contact is up, but he could be in the main event scene if he's staying for a while.

Jesus Christ, its the first day of 2015 and I'm already feeding a troll(or addressing an idiot). Fuck My Life.
Bobby Lashley is focused on amateur MMA, not pro-wrestling.
Yeah Bellator is not an "amatuer" MMA organization(but you knew that). And Bobby has done nothing to show that he's not "focused" on pro wrestling, in fact with the best run he's had in his career he's done quite the opposite.

He left WWE for no apparent reason
Here's a reason: WWE released him while he was recovering from surgery from an injury he suffered during a WWE PPV match. I'm guessing he was requested to come back weeks before he was properly heeled, refused, and it cost him his job.
Now that Impact Wrestling is on DestAmer, what use does TNA have for Lashley
The fact that he's a legit name and talent and just had one of the top two or three title runs in the company's history?

Ben Askren was right all along, Bellator fighters can't fight.
No, Askren is butthurt because he can't get paid by any MMA organization what he thinks he's worth because he's the most boring high level fighter in the modern history of the sport. So instead he runs his mouth.
Lashley's been on the undercard fighting butchers's apprentices and waffle house cooks in the basements of donut shops.
The quality of his opponents is a fair to question, but they're trying to build him up. Atleast the last guy had a great record and some impressive finishes on his resume. And he has been on the main televised card of every Bellator event that he has worked. As for the "Donut Shop" comment, his first fight with Bellator was in front of nearly 8,000 people, TNA has never drawn a larger crowd than that.
So what do you think? Is Lashley done? Will he stick with Bellator?
He will continue to do both. In fact his upcoming Bellator fight is against Josh Thompson in a chance to avenge one of his two career defeats, so he still plans to push forward with his MMA career. And he said in a recent interview that once he wins the TNA world title at the DestAm premier, he plans to hold onto it throughout the duration of 2015, as well as expressing an interest in keeping his alliance with MVP and Kenny King together long term. So he clearly sounds like a guy who has no plans to exit TNA anytime soon either.

But with all of that out of the way, I mostly wanted to address this:

He's like Lesnar, just doesn't give a dang about pro-wrestling.

You say that^^^^

Lashley says this:
Bobby Lashley said:
When I go into a MMA fight all eyes are on me for the wrestling crowd and everything. They want to legitimize pro wrestling and so do I. The minute they go out there and say, ‘Oh Bobby Lashley the pro wrestler’. I go hey man, you don’t understand what we actually do. We’re not just guys that come into this and put a cape on and next thing you know were super heroes for little kids. We have backgrounds you know? I was a three time college national champion, I took second at the World Championships, and so I have a background leading into this. So when I come into this, I say, ‘Hey, I am a pro wrestler, but I’m doing MMA.’ There’s going to be a relation between the two regardless of what I do so I don’t try to hide the fact at all. At the beginning, I wanted guys to consider me a really strong mixed marital artist. Now with my career where it’s at now, I have no problem going out there and defending pro wrestling. If they ask us before the fight what our fighting style is, I let them know I am a pro-wrestler. They kind of chuckle and I tell them to put that down. They can list collegiate wrestling but I have no problem defending pro-wrestling.”
Doesn't really sound like a guy who doesn't care about pro wrestling or that wants to distance himself from it, does it?

Actually it is well known and just google it and look on any number of wrestling dirt shits and even some tweets made by Lashley him self .. The split from WWE was to do with Michael Hayes and racial comments and slurs made towards him and his then GF Krystal .. Plus issues with the story line Krystal was in with teddy long and nothing to do with a injury at all

As for through with TNA he is doing both MMA & TNA so he is probably just taking some time away from TNA to get ready for his next fight before returning

TNA needs Lashley, I never used to be a big fan but his last run was excellent. He is in his prime, still healthy and seems to finally "get it" when it comes to telling an in-ring story. It would be a shame if TNA lost him.

Bobby Lashley has stated in the past that one of the reasons that he left WWE is because Michael Hayes told him he wasn't Black enough. Like Michael Hayes knows what it means to be Black. Laughable. Either way, he was told WWE didn't have anything there for him and it's understandable. With Cena and Batista at the top of the food chain, Lashley and his physical gifts would simply toil in WWE. So maybe him leaving WWE was a blessing in disguise.

Bobby does care about pro wrestling and being able to be himself and getting pushed to the top of the card was the best thing that could have happened for him and TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back