• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Anderson Silva Ducking The Top Of The Division?

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Last night, Ariel Helwani reported the following on UFC Tonight:

One of Anderson Silva's managers said that one of the issues with Hector Lombard is he thinks he needs at least three more impressive wins in the UFC. He said that 85 percent of UFC fans don't even know who Hector Lombard is, who is of course making his Octagon debut on Saturday night.

As for Chris Weidman, he said, 'Well, there's another great unknown fighter.' He doesn't see those match ups as being money making pay-per-view events.

He did mention Luke Rockhold, who is the Strikeforce middleweight champion. Alas, Rockhold is contractually tied to Strikeforce, so that fight's not happening. We'll have to wait and see, but right now, the Anderson Silva camp not too excited about the options out there.

As he did in the past with Dan Henderson after he rightfully re-earned a title shot against Michael Bisping at UFC 100, and after he tried ducking Chael Sonnen for the rematch at UFC 148, Anderson Silva's now ducking legitimate competition that is starting to rise up in the rankings.

He claims Hector Lombard will need "at least three more impressive wins" as 85% of UFC fans don't know who he is. I'd like to see how he got that figure. If he gets past Tim Boetsch Saturday night, then I'd say he'd still need a win against a guy like Belfort or Belcher. I really like Tim Boetsch, but he's not a feather in the cap like Belfort or Belcher would be. But to say he needs three is absolutely preposterous.

Then, he's saying that Chris Weidman is an "unknown fighter". He's got a lot of people talking after he demolished Mark Munoz last week. He's not a Sonnen or a Belfort, but he's absolutely the top legitimate threat to Anderson right now, and I think he's earned a title shot.

The fact that he says he wants Rockhold is ludicrous. Not only is Rockhold contractually bound to Strikeforce, but he's a name about on the same level as Weidman or Lombard. Furthermore, I feel Lombard and Weidman represent legitmate threats to Silva. Lombard is an Olympic level Judoka with scary KO power, and Weidman is, what I feel is Silva's worst nightmare in the fact that he can hold his own in the standup, and he has serious wrestling and BJJ credentials. Of course, Silva's calling out the guy who he'd have his way with easily and that he can't even fight in the first place.

I was the first to say after the Sonnen fight that Silva should be participating in nothing but marquee level fights from here on out. Basically, that meant either going up to LHW or putting a timetable in place for the GSP fight. It looks like Silva and Jones want no part of each other, and GSP vs. Silva is a pipedream at this point.

These are the options available for him at Middleweight. Stann and Bisping would be the fights against household names that he's alluding to, but they're both not in the title picture right now, and of course, Silva would have his way with them.

Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is the fight that needs to happen. I just wish Silva and his camp wouldn't come out and start making declarations about why Contender X and Contender Y aren't worthy like they always do. I'm always asked why I don't like Anderson Silva on this board. This bullcrap he does is a huge reason why.

This isn't just about fighting. In fact, I imagine fighting is one of the last things they consider. Anderson Silva is 37 years old, and has very few top fights left. He needs to make sure every fight brings in the biggest purse possible, because most things I've seen says that Silva takes in a percentage of the gate/PPV sales. Silva against a guy whose name nobody knows is not going to sell a PPV. A fight against the Strikeforce Middleweight champion, as his camp suggested, is a much better sell.

You're looking at it solely from a "who is going to win" perspective. At 37 years old, Anderson Silva is looking at it from a "how much money can I earn before retirement" perspective. I think you are being unfair in your criticism in this case.

I do think alot of factors come into play here but the fact that he consistently tries to get away from these fights that all happen to be against tough wrestlers and one beastly judoka(who has great stand up and grappling) is saying something. And ofcourse the one guy that he is calling out is not only contractually bound to SF for now but is a stand up fighter that he could easily put away.

Now without touching on Hendo and Chael since those are in the past, the deal with each of these guys. Hector Lombard is the one guy who I agree could use more fights in the UFC, he's done more than prove himself in MMA but it's true nobody outside the hardcore's knew who he was until he got signed. He should have two or three fights depending on how impressively he performs and then if it works out set him for a title shot. It actually works out considering Lombard is harboring some ill feelings toward Mark Munoz for some remarks made recently, there's fight number two for him although considering Mark is coming off a loss it probably will be one saved for another time.

Rockhold is good, I really like him and he had a great performance last weekend defending his title. But a Champion vs Champion match wouldn't be as great here as some would think for several reasons, for one I doubt half the UFC fans know who he is which is really sad when you think about it. If that's the base of Anderson's argument against Hector and Weidman then his requesting that fight is a bit ridiculous. He is a talented guy and I'm not trying to belittle or bash the SF guys but he's beaten one really good fighter(Jacare) and most recently Tim Kennedy who is like a better version of Jake Rosholt. He could beat better guys but trying to build a title fight when the challenger has been facing those guys isn't exactly a great sell.

Lastly and most importantly Chris Weidman, this guy is the most deserving of a title shot right now whether Anderson and his camp want to agree to it or not. He's 9-0(Rockhold 10-1) with 5 wins in the UFC and 2 wins over top 10 MW's. Now he may not have a title like Rockhold or as impressive a resume as Lombard but what he does have is 5 straight dominant wins inside the promotion and has been on on most UFC fan's radar since january or some even since november. He's dominated every guy he's faced even when he stepped in on 11 days notice to fight Demian Maia, and after the dominant performance against Munoz who was ranked by many as the number 4 MW in the world I'd say he's got the best case for a shot in terms of skill and what he's done in the UFC.

Now if Anderson really wants a fight where the challenger is proven in the UFC and could sell a fight for big bucks look no further than Rashad Evans. He's 12-2-1 in the UFC, a former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and his only losses have come in title fights against Lyoto Machida and Jon Jones. The last I heard he was still contemplating the drop to 185 and would be convinced if he got a title shot against Anderson. But I'm sure if this fight was brought to Andy he would find something wrong with it and say Rashad needs 5 wins at Middleweight.

I used to hate Anderson, I don't anymore and I respect him as a fighter but he is not a champion who takes on all comers, no matter what the reasons are he has always been like that. I look forward to whatever his next fight is, I just hope that he doesn't spend the precious time he has left before he retires fighting guys like Rockhold when what the fans want to see is someone who can really challenge the best pound for pound fighter of all time.

This isn't just about fighting. In fact, I imagine fighting is one of the last things they consider. Anderson Silva is 37 years old, and has very few top fights left. He needs to make sure every fight brings in the biggest purse possible, because most things I've seen says that Silva takes in a percentage of the gate/PPV sales. Silva against a guy whose name nobody knows is not going to sell a PPV. A fight against the Strikeforce Middleweight champion, as his camp suggested, is a much better sell.

You're looking at it solely from a "who is going to win" perspective. At 37 years old, Anderson Silva is looking at it from a "how much money can I earn before retirement" perspective. I think you are being unfair in your criticism in this case.

While I agree with most of what you've said, I disagree that he's being too unfair with his criticism.

If we're operating under the assumption that Silva wants big PPV fights, we also have to acknowledge that he's said no to Jones and GSP. Paydays don't get any larger than those and he's turning them down.

Also, only 420,000 even watched Rockhold-Kennedy, so I am not sure that Soares' claim of a Strikeforce champ holding more water than Weidman is accurate. Granted, UFC on Fuel only averaged half that, but neither one is enough of a draw to say that it's "worth it" from a name perspective.

Heisenberg accurately pointed out that Silva has done this before. Every, single time Silva has won a fight lately, he seems to take umbrage with potential opponents. He didn't want Chael, he didn't want Hendo, he doesn't want Jones, he doesn't want GSP, and he doesn't want Lombard.

How many people is this guy going to turn down before people admit that's he not worried about "big names?" All of those guys sit at the top of a division and Anderson wants none of them. It's completely ridiculous that Rockhold, who isn't even a top 5 guy, is Anderson's choice.

There's larger paydays out there and he's leaving them on the table. This makes me less inclined to believe this is about names and money. Actually, it makes me not believe that at all.

Just for comparison's sake, here's the top 10 in the Middleweight Division, according to Fight Matrix.

wgbU9.jpg

As it's been stated, Rockhold can't fight in the UFC. Showtime has placed an embargo on any more Strikeforce fighters making the jump. The thing is, even with the stigma of "UFC vs. Strikeforce" as Sly alluded to, Rockhold isn't a name that resonates with casual fans like Nick Diaz does, as the UFC was trying to attempt back with UFC 137's original main event. Luke Rockhold is just another guy right now, with more barriers to entry than a Weidman or a Lombard.

Unless Rashad makes the move down, there aren't many "Big" fights for Silva right now. I don't think he should pick and choose opponents, but say if he is holding out for the Bisping/Stann winner... who's to say they'll get the title shot based on the fact that Weidman is the most deserving guy in the division right now? Plus, it doesn't exactly behoove Anderson to wait an extended period of time in the first place. It was nearly a year between the Okami and Sonnen fights. He's 37, he needs to keep fighting, unless he's going to pull a Couture/Henderson and fight well into his 40s.

Say if Boetsch does the improbable and beats Lombard. I'd say he'd be knocking on the door of a title shot too at that point, but I'm sure Anderson would turn him down as he too isn't a "name".

If he wants the big fights, then he needs to go to Light Heavyweight. UFC 101 did nearly a million buys. Penn and Florian was a good fight on paper, but people bought that card to see a superfight between Anderson and Forrest. There are plenty of fights at Light Heavyweight for Anderson that the masses would pay for, and with how Jones has cleaned out the division, he'd likely get an immediate title shot.

The thing is, Anderson himself isn't coming out and saying these things. It's his management. You think these professional athletes always agree with their management? Of course not, but his management is doing what they feel they need to do to A) protect their fighter and B) make the most money possible. That's their job. If any of you were apart of Anderson's management you'd be doing and saying the exact same things most likely.

Anyways, I strongly believe whatever fight the UFC makes, Anderson will take it. His management, or even himself, might bitch and moan about it, but if the UFC gives him good $$$ to fight, I'm positive he'll fight anyone in the Middleweight Division.

Also, Anderson never ducked Hendo or Chael. Hendo wanted the fight with Anderson, but he was never offered it for Anderson to decline. Did Anderson have a "been there, done that" attitude about it? That's what it seemed, but the fight was never set-up for him to duck. And Anderson/Chael were set to have an immediate rematch after their first bout and then the drug test happened... not Andy's fault. He was ready to give Chael a rematch right from the get-go, and circumstances came in-between it. When Chael climbed back up the ladder, Anderson signed on to fight in Brazil, and then threw a fit when the setting was changed, but he still fought regardless.

My point is, Anderson has yet to "duck" anyone, and I doubt he ever will so in the future. Anderson's the greatest champion the UFC has ever had, and I think it's ludicrous to label him as someone who's scared to accept fights against certain guys.

As it's been stated, Rockhold can't fight in the UFC. Showtime has placed an embargo on any more Strikeforce fighters making the jump. The thing is, even with the stigma of "UFC vs. Strikeforce" as Sly alluded to, Rockhold isn't a name that resonates with casual fans like Nick Diaz does, as the UFC was trying to attempt back with UFC 137's original main event. Luke Rockhold is just another guy right now, with more barriers to entry than a Weidman or a Lombard.
People will buy into the Champion vs Champion match ups.

Unless Rashad makes the move down, there aren't many "Big" fights for Silva right now. I don't think he should pick and choose opponents, but say if he is holding out for the Bisping/Stann winner... who's to say they'll get the title shot based on the fact that Weidman is the most deserving guy in the division right now? Plus, it doesn't exactly behoove Anderson to wait an extended period of time in the first place. It was nearly a year between the Okami and Sonnen fights. He's 37, he needs to keep fighting, unless he's going to pull a Couture/Henderson and fight well into his 40s.
Anderson can wait as long as he wants really. No offense I don't see ANY of these guys giving him a challenge. He needs to look for the best fight for the UFC and Anderson Silva.

Say if Boetsch does the improbable and beats Lombard. I'd say he'd be knocking on the door of a title shot too at that point, but I'm sure Anderson would turn him down as he too isn't a "name".
You're making giant leaps, Anderson never said that and honestly, I believe alot of it is just mind game. Sonnen said for years Anderson was ducking him, and then he was ducking the rematch. But if I remember Sonnen not only got a shot, he got a rematch after losing. It's not like Silva ran away.

If he wants the big fights, then he needs to go to Light Heavyweight. UFC 101 did nearly a million buys. Penn and Florian was a good fight on paper, but people bought that card to see a superfight between Anderson and Forrest. There are plenty of fights at Light Heavyweight for Anderson that the masses would pay for, and with how Jones has cleaned out the division, he'd likely get an immediate title shot.

So that 37 year old man who you're saying only has a few more fights left should change divisions and risk everything for what? Big pay days? He can do that with anyone. Honestly, the truth is I think Anderson sees the truth right now. After beating SONNEN AGAIN, there really isn't a challenge for him, and he's expecting someone to step up. He doesn't want to change classes for that, and I don't blame him, and I don't see why expecting someone to step up and show him something more is asking too much either.

I'm going to take opionionate this from a different perspective. Anderson Silva has disrespected opponents in the past namely Thales Leites and Damian Meia, that's what has generated the hate for Anderson it seems. I'm under the assumption that Anderson isn't these fights but he is just not interested as he perceives them as not a high level of competition, thus far i might add.
Althought we'd argue differently and say Weidman may be a stylistic nightmare for Anderson, Silva may see it in a different way as they haven't proven themselves to him. A motivated Anderson Silva is the most dangerous fighter of all time, period and his second fight with Chael proves that.

JMT225 said:
The thing is, Anderson himself isn't coming out and saying these things. It's his management. You think these professional athletes always agree with their management? Of course not, but his management is doing what they feel they need to do to A) protect their fighter and B) make the most money possible. That's their job. If any of you were apart of Anderson's management you'd be doing and saying the exact same things most likely.

I see management as a mouthpiece for the fighter. You're a Fedor fan, so of course you don't see it this way ;). Of course Anderson is saying this stuff behind the scenes and management is putting it out there. He didn't want Lombard (who apparently really wants to fight Munoz so much that he did nothing last night... I can't explain any other reason for that piss-poor performance), who on paper, could have given Silva fits, and he doesn't want Weidman, a brilliant grappler.

Anyways, I strongly believe whatever fight the UFC makes, Anderson will take it. His management, or even himself, might bitch and moan about it, but if the UFC gives him good $$$ to fight, I'm positive he'll fight anyone in the Middleweight Division.

Then, let's make the Weidman fight.

Also, Anderson never ducked Hendo or Chael. Hendo wanted the fight with Anderson, but he was never offered it for Anderson to decline. Did Anderson have a "been there, done that" attitude about it? That's what it seemed, but the fight was never set-up for him to duck.

Oh, he certainly ducked Hendo. Hendo/Bisping was for #1 Contendership. After that fight, Ed Soares came out and said that Anderson shouldn't fight Hendo, and that instead, Hendo and Marquardt should have fought each other first. In their fight, I thought Hendo took the first round. If he didn't strike with him like an idiot, who knows what would have happened that night?

And Anderson/Chael were set to have an immediate rematch after their first bout and then the drug test happened... not Andy's fault. He was ready to give Chael a rematch right from the get-go, and circumstances came in-between it.

There was a lot going on after that point where Anderson was very reluctant to give Chael a rematch, saying that he didn't deserve it, he lost, etc. Basically, the same stuff he was saying in the leadup to the 148 card.

When Chael climbed back up the ladder, Anderson signed on to fight in Brazil, and then threw a fit when the setting was changed, but he still fought regardless.

That's when Anderson should have been a professional, realized that with a huge UN Conference in town, logistically, a Brazil fight in a stadium wouldn't be able to happen, and not have Dana White convince him for three hours to take the fight against Chael. He never signed a contract to fight until that day when the fight was announced. He didn't want any part of a second fight with Chael. Of course, this is all moot as Chael lost, but still... after getting dominated like he did in the first fight, there had to be a fear there of losing.

My point is, Anderson has yet to "duck" anyone, and I doubt he ever will so in the future. Anderson's the greatest champion the UFC has ever had, and I think it's ludicrous to label him as someone who's scared to accept fights against certain guys.

Then let's not come out and say that "Contender X and Contender Y, who on paper represent significant challenges to me don't deserve a shot because they're not well-known... but this guy in another organization who can't fight me due because he's contractually bound that I can dominate, but has the same, if not less name value as X and Y, can fight me."

Let's make the Weidman fight happen.

People will buy into the Champion vs Champion match ups.

Not when the champion from the lesser organization has little to no name value, and it's tough to market him. Basically, Rockhold's a good looking dude and that's pretty much it. He doesn't have too much of a personality.

Anderson can wait as long as he wants really. No offense I don't see ANY of these guys giving him a challenge. He needs to look for the best fight for the UFC and Anderson Silva.

Go on. Why don't you think Weidman poses a challenge?

You're making giant leaps, Anderson never said that and honestly, I believe alot of it is just mind game. Sonnen said for years Anderson was ducking him, and then he was ducking the rematch. But if I remember Sonnen not only got a shot, he got a rematch after losing. It's not like Silva ran away.

I know he never said that. But if Anderson's turning down Weidman for not being a "name"... then surely he'd turn down Boetsch. Although after last night, I wouldn't give Boetsch a shot anyway. Dana came out and said Silva refused to fight Sonnen. He had to have a three hour meeting to talk him into doing the fight. That wasn't Sonnen being Sonnen, that was an actual thing that happened.

So that 37 year old man who you're saying only has a few more fights left should change divisions and risk everything for what? Big pay days?

Anderson's the best fighter in the world. If he doesn't want to fight any of the top contenders in the Middleweight Division, then he should change divisions. He's looking for big fights, there's no shortage of them at Light Heavyweight, especially given the fact that he'd likely get an immediate title shot.

He can do that with anyone. Honestly, the truth is I think Anderson sees the truth right now. After beating SONNEN AGAIN, there really isn't a challenge for him, and he's expecting someone to step up.

Chris Weidman is stepping up. He's turning him down due to him not being a 'big name".

I would love to see Weidman get a title shot, or I'd love to see Weidman and Belcher in a title eliminator fight. Weidman has the skillset to beat Silva, and Belcher is an exciting fighter who would do something batshit crazy against Silva.

Look, I recognize Silva is the best in the world. I've actually paid for his last three fights, because he's an amazing fighter... and I want to see him fight in crystal clear HD. At the same time, he's a complete dick who talks about disrespect from other fighters, acting like he's a choir boy in the process, and he comes out and says he won't fight guys who pose legitimate threats to him. For him to call out a guy he legitimately can't fight (and a guy he'd mop the floor with) and scoff at the idea of fighting a legitimate threat like Weidman... it's absolutely ridiculous. He needs to be a man and say he'll fight Weidman, and I think it would be the perfect main event for the Brazil card in October.

Then, let's make the Weidman fight.
It will be made and it won't be that big a deal because Silva will do exactly what he's done to everyone else.

There was a lot going on after that point where Anderson was very reluctant to give Chael a rematch, saying that he didn't deserve it, he lost, etc. Basically, the same stuff he was saying in the leadup to the 148 card.
Because he knew he'd beat him like he did.

That's when Anderson should have been a professional, realized that with a huge UN Conference in town, logistically, a Brazil fight in a stadium wouldn't be able to happen, and not have Dana White convince him for three hours to take the fight against Chael. He never signed a contract to fight until that day when the fight was announced. He didn't want any part of a second fight with Chael. Of course, this is all moot as Chael lost, but still... after getting dominated like he did in the first fight, there had to be a fear there of losing.
Or that's the perception that Anderson and his management wanted to put out there. Chael vs Silva was going to happen again, EVERYONE knew that. Silva knew it, we knew it, Chael knew it, Dana knew it, the world knew it...

Then let's not come out and say that "Contender X and Contender Y, who on paper represent significant challenges to me don't deserve a shot because they're not well-known... but this guy in another organization who can't fight me due because he's contractually bound that I can dominate, but has the same, if not less name value as X and Y, can fight me."
Or it could be this, Anderson is playing mind games, getting into Contender X and Y's heads because he can, and he knows he's the best. The guy he brought up is in another organization and can't fight him, you're right. It's common knowledge, so don't you think Anderson knows that? It's head games.

Let's make the Weidman fight happen.
It will

Not when the champion from the lesser organization has little to no name value, and it's tough to market him. Basically, Rockhold's a good looking dude and that's pretty much it. He doesn't have too much of a personality.
It would sell, number one reason? Because Anderson Silva is there

Go on. Why don't you think Weidman poses a challenge?
Because Anderson will punch him in the face, and kick him in the head, and that's really all it usually takes.

I know he never said that. But if Anderson's turning down Weidman for not being a "name"... then surely he'd turn down Boetsch. Although after last night, I wouldn't give Boetsch a shot anyway. Dana came out and said Silva refused to fight Sonnen. He had to have a three hour meeting to talk him into doing the fight. That wasn't Sonnen being Sonnen, that was an actual thing that happened.
Silva fights everyone, including the guys he ducks. If he "Ducked" people it would be Mayweather vs PacMan it just wouldn't happen.

Anderson's the best fighter in the world. If he doesn't want to fight any of the top contenders in the Middleweight Division, then he should change divisions. He's looking for big fights, there's no shortage of them at Light Heavyweight, especially given the fact that he'd likely get an immediate title shot.
Who said he doesn't? You're looking at this as if Anderson is scared, but you yourself admit he's the best in the world, do you think he's ducking these guys or could it be he's messing with their heads?

Chris Weidman is stepping up. He's turning him down due to him not being a 'big name".
Agreed he is, but I don't he's ready for Silva yet.

I would love to see Weidman get a title shot, or I'd love to see Weidman and Belcher in a title eliminator fight. Weidman has the skillset to beat Silva, and Belcher is an exciting fighter who would do something batshit crazy against Silva.
Actually I'm the biggest fan of Silva out there and Belcher worries me more than Weidman ever will. Weidman isn't ready for Silva, you're not talking about getting in there for a five round title fight against a great champion. You're talking about getting in there with the best ever. He's not ready for that.

Look, I recognize Silva is the best in the world. I've actually paid for his last three fights, because he's an amazing fighter...
Two of those were against Sonnen so I don't know if Silva was the reason you personally bought those fights.

and I want to see him fight in crystal clear HD. At the same time, he's a complete dick who talks about disrespect from other fighters, acting like he's a choir boy in the process, and he comes out and says he won't fight guys who pose legitimate threats to him.
You mean guys YOU BELIEVE will pose a threat to him? You said about Hendo, didn't he plant and make Hendo tap? Didn't he not only make Sonnen tap but also knock him out? In fact, name one guy he's ducked that he's lost to? Name one guy he should be scared of?

For him to call out a guy he legitimately can't fight (and a guy he'd mop the floor with) and scoff at the idea of fighting a legitimate threat like Weidman... it's absolutely ridiculous. He needs to be a man and say he'll fight Weidman, and I think it would be the perfect main event for the Brazil card in October.
You're right it is ridiculous, it's so ridiculous it almost seems like it can't be true. It almost seems like the guys out of his mind and scared of Chris Weidman, or it could be so ridiculous that it could be BS and he's getting into his head because he knows that'll most likely be his next fight..... Just saying.

Anderson Silva to most is the greatest to ever compete in Mixed Martial Arts. He has defeated the likes of Yushin Okami, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen and literally has virtually cleaned out the division within the UFC. He has even ventured into the Light Heavyweight division and destroyed James Irvin and former Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin, neither made it out of the first round. While he has had mishaps such as the abortions that were Leites, Cote and Maia. He has shown that he can remove pretty much anyone who opposes him. While Weidman I do believe is a more than capable opponent and is ready, does he deserve it yet? I'd like to see him fight one more fight first.

He is young, hungry and has time on his side. I believe that he needs more than a returning from injury Munoz and journeyman Cote.

Well Anderson's manager Ed Soares said that they'd like to either face GSP or Rich Franklin next.

I don't know what this says about Silva "dodging top contenders" though. I mean, hindsight, he & his camp looked to be 100% correct about Hector Lombard. Apparently Silva respects Franklin a lot because Rich gave him a shot at the title back in '06, and the rest is history. I don't wanna see that fight, Silva would murder him. But perhaps Franklin would murder somebody like Lombard, whom people were saying should hop over Weidman before UFC 149.

At this point in Silva's career... a vicotry over Weidman really means nothing. A fight with GSP is so unrealistic right now. He's injured, and then has a fight lined up with Condit upon his return. Maybe is Silva took out Weidman and GSP took out Condit then maybe we'd see a catch weight fight, but it's doubtful.

Then out of nowhere Nick Diaz's manager says that Nick is definitely coming back, maybe sooner than February is he wins his appeal in court. But the kicker is he says he wants to face Anderson Silva.

Diaz would do either a catch weight fight or go up to 185 to fight him. I could see the Silva camp be much more interested in a fight with Nick Diaz over a guy like Weidman, even though Nick is coming off a loss. Or maybe Silva could fight Weidman end of the year and then take on Nick Diaz sometime around February when his suspension is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back