Is America Craving Blues Music?

Blueshirt

Occasional Pre-Show
Lately, slowly but surely, there has been a grass roots revival of some serious blues music. The new Robert Randolph album was extremely bluesy and had less of their jam influence. Then, this morning, I saw this.

[Yt]nCPH3dPQkIc[/Yt]

It seems as if even G. Love is moving away from his funk/jazz/jam music to put out a straight up blues album.

I think this is amazing thing as blues music may be the most pure form of music out there. What do you all think? Is there still a place for blues in popular american music? Who is your favorite blues artist? Would you buy this new G. Love album?

I would love to see some blues in Florida like the real pure vibe music. My choice of blues artist are Jim Hendrix and John Lee Hooker. They play some music that makes you want to think deep physiological, how your day/life is going but thats just me. I may buy that album too. I've been needing some new music to listen too. What else you got in mind as a good artist?

Blues is and has always been an underrated genre. I loved listening to old blues singers my Dad used to play. You can feel it deep in your heart, you can feel the raw emotion in their music. It's usually got some deep meaning behind it, or some personal connection. I don't think blues will ever be as huge as it was back in the day, due to such a massive explosion from the likes of hip-hop and pop music. I think it's due for a comeback though, at least in some facet.

I think Eric Clapton's "Crossroads" festival has helped raise an interest in blues. I mean, blues has always been here but I hadn't listened to too much blues before that. I'd listened to Cream, Hendrix, Derek and the Dominos, Stevie Ray Vaughn and a couple others but watching that concert opened me up to a bunch that I'd never heard of. Robert Randolph, Sonny Landreth, Steve Winwood (which opened me to BLind Faith and Traffic), John Mayer playing GOOD music and a bunch of others. A good place to start if you're looking for some new awesome guitarists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back