Intl. Region, Los Angeles Subregion, Second Round: (9)Antonio Inoki vs. (25) Ed Lewis

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Antonio Inoki

• Ed "Strangler" Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Staples-Center.jpg

Antonio_Inoki_280x3_983400a.jpg

#9. Antonio Inoki

Vs.

04.jpg

#25. Ed Lewis

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Inoki is a big star, there can be no denying that, but he was never a huge star in the wrestling ring in America. Lewis was almost unbeatable, and I think a foreign wrestler, no matter how big a name they were at home would not beat an unstoppable force on home soil.

Inoki, as big as he was, and as impressive as his record was [he has beaten literally everyone there is to beat prior to 2000. If Austin and Rock worked Japan, Inoki would have beaten them too] he's still not as impressive as Ed Lewis. Ed Lewis invented pro wrestling as we know it today, he only lost 20 times in his whole career, he was a 10 time champion in a time where when only the absolute best [legitimately and kayfabe] wrestler got to wear the belt. And he was wrestling's biggest draw for over 20 years. And that only changed due to changes in marketing. Even up to his death he was treated as a living legend.

Inoki's contributions to pro wrestling are staggering, but he should just be edged out here. Vote Lewis.

Is there a time limit in this match? I don't think there are going to be many five hour matches in this tournament. Wrestling is too different now than it was nearly 100 years ago when Lewis was wrestling. I see this tournament being booked in a more modern style. Inoki gets my vote.

Inoki is too big of a star, he is going to win this. Too much time has passed since Lewis' day. Not that he was great, but Inoki gets my vote if for no other reason than familiarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back