Intl. Region, Los Angeles Subregion, First Round: (8) Roddy Piper vs. (25) Ed Lewis

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Roddy Piper

• Ed "Strangler" Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Staples-Center.jpg

roddy-piper-bio.png

#8. Roddy Piper

Vs.

04.jpg

#25. Ed “Strangler” Lewis

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

The only way Piper wins is due to favoritism and bias. Who the fuck is this Ed Lewis guy? His ass is so old his picture isn't even in color. We'll I'll tell you who Ed Lewis is...

- Ed Lewis is the man that invented professional wrestling as we know it today. Feuds, cards, kayfabe? He pioneered all of that.

- Ed Lewis drew a record gate of 40,000 with a $100,000 profit that stood for decades. And he did it purely on word of mouth advertising.

- Ed Lewis is 10 time world champion in a time period when only the undisputed best in every facet of pro wrestling got to wear the belt. He was the Hogan of the 30's.

- He invented moves that just about every pro wrestler, big name and jobber, still use. In fact, what is Piper's finishing move? Yep... the same move Lewis invented. And no one utilizes a move better than the man that used it first.

- Ed Lewis wrestled thousands of matches and only lost 30 times. He only lost in kayfabe when he wanted to lose in kayfabe. When it was profitable. It was never deemed profitable for Piper to beat Hulk Hogan so why would have it been profitable for him to beat Ed Lewis? It wouldn't.

Ed Lewis was better than Piper in every category that there is to grade a pro wrestler in. Better legacy, better drawing power, better accolades, better in kayfabe, better user of the sleeper hold...

The only logical thing left is to vote Ed Lewis.

Ed Lewis lost some ridiculous number of matches in his career, Echelon has probably put the actual figure, which escapes me, but it wasn't very many, put it that way. Piper was someone who wasn't unprepared to lose and made a habit of making great feuds that he'd ultimately lose. I'm sure Piper would be the more entertaining going into this, but he'd also be the loser.

The "Strangler" goes over Roddy Piper in this one. The guy who pioneered pro wrestling as we know it today, who was partly responsible for the training of Lou Thesz, who could dominate and control an opponent with alarming ease well into his later years as a grappler has more acumen than the Hot Rod. No disrespect to Piper is intended here, as he deserves to be ranked among the greatest heels of all time, but he's up against the monstrous legacy of a legend. Piper gets counted out when all of his tactics fail against the strangler, so he walks and takes a powder. Lewis moves on.

I have been convince to vote for Lewis. The amount of titles alone would justify a win over Piper for me. I learned a little bit from this one and voted Ed Lewis into the second round.

Roddy Piper hits people with coconuts & is one of the best ever with a mic. The man is one of the greatest heels to be in a ring & he did it while wearing a freaking kilt. Thats pretty badass. Plus he uses a sleeper-hold, which I am told is a pretty big deal in this match. This takes place in Los Angeles. The location where Piper became the Rowdy gentleman we all know & love. A bit of home field advantage if you will.

Piper hits a low blow when the ref isnt looking & gets a rollup as the crowd cheers on...

Roddy Piper hits people with coconuts & is one of the best ever with a mic. The man is one of the greatest heels to be in a ring & he did it while wearing a freaking kilt. Thats pretty badass. Plus he uses a sleeper-hold, which I am told is a pretty big deal in this match. This takes place in Los Angeles. The location where Piper became the Rowdy gentleman we all know & love. A bit of home field advantage if you will.

Piper hits a low blow when the ref isnt looking & gets a rollup as the crowd cheers on...

If Piper couldn't defeat Hulkamania how in the hell is he going to defeat Stranglermania? Having Piper win is certainly not best for business. HHH knows it, Ed Lewis knows it, Toots Mondt knows it, even Roddy Piper knows it.

Piper hits a low blow, Lewis no sells it, and proceeds to kill Piper to death with his very own finishing move.

GG Piper

I've been a little hard on some of the really old guys here, like Gotch for example, so I'm going to give this one to Lewis. Not just to fulfill the ancient guy quota but I think Lewis is more known and has done more for pro wrestling as we know it today. I don't know how long I'll support him but I can sacrifice Piper to him.

If Piper couldn't defeat Hulkamania how in the hell is he going to defeat Stranglermania? Having Piper win is certainly not best for business. HHH knows it, Ed Lewis knows it, Toots Mondt knows it, even Roddy Piper knows it.

Piper hits a low blow, Lewis no sells it, and proceeds to kill Piper to death with his very own finishing move.

GG Piper

Stranglermania doesn't exist. Do you know what does exist?

Cancer. The Hot Rod made Cancer tap out. Take that Mr. Lewis.

AR-307319926_zps8e04c994.jpg

Roddy Piper has helped save the world from aliens.

tumblr_l7puuhGNOe1qcqlp3.jpg

Rowdy Roddy Piper is even so badass, that he intimidates Super Mario.

roddypiper-mario.jpg

Those are 3 pretty good reasons why Ed Lewis would lose this match. He has never done any of those 3 things.

Rowdy Roddy Piper > Ed Lewis.

Ed Lewis never had cancer. It was too afraid to infect him. The uber alien Superman jobbed to Antonino Rocca - a poor man's Ed Lewis. The French were afraid of Ed Lewis, so logically the Italians would be too.

Piper isn't worthy of lacing Ed Lewis's boots. Stranglermania will soon be runnin wild straight into round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back