Int'l Region, DC Subregion, First Round: (15) Booker T. vs. (18) Tully Blanchard

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Booker T.

• Tully Blanchard

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Washington D.C. Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules. It will be held at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C.

verizoncenter.jpg

Booker_T_511772a.jpg

#15. Booker T.

Vs.

tully_blanchard.jpg

#18. Tully Blanchard

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Gotta go Booker. He just had more success as a singles star. Sure he won the WCW title 5 times when it wasn't worth a damn but he also went on to the WWE and won himself another World title.

I could be wrong, I don't know a whole lot about Blanchard, but I don't recall him ever making it past the US Title in terms of his spot on the card.

Booker T is one of only two superstars in wrestling history to hold the World title, IC title, US title, and tag titles in WWE, as well as the World title, US title, TV title, and tag titles in WCW. He is the only superstar in wrestling history to win all of those titles and not go on to murder his family (which is a nice added bonus). He has defeated the likes of Kurt Angle, Goldberg, Undertaker, John Cena, Batista, and countless other big names during his long career. He was a solid ring worker, great on the mic, and one of the more underrated overall performers of the last 25 years.

Tully Blanchard is great as well, maybe even slightly underrated, but he wouldn't beat Booker. Blanchard was a one time US champ, one time National Heavyweight champ (step under the World Title), and held the TV title a few times. He also held some smaller regional titles. He had some great feuds with Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA but most know him for his tag team work with AA in the Four Horsemen and as the Brain Busters in the WWE.

This would be a close match up but Booker T has the edge. I'll give Blanchard the in ring work advantage but Booker was better on the mic, better as an overall performer, and had more success in his career. He was also a guy who stayed at or near the main event level for the last decade of his career. The same can't be said for Blanchard.

My vote is for Booker T.

Man, I love me some Booker T. To me, the fact that he became WCW champion when he did initially amongst the Nashes and Halls and Hogans and Flairs means a lot about how he was viewed both backstage and by the fans.

Instantly likeable, a natural fan favorite and way athletic to boot. He had all the tools to be a world champion and his career in WWE could've gone even more successfully upon reflection, but he did well for himself.

Tully Blanchard was a solid hand, but didn't stand out like a guy such as Booker did. He was the muscle for Flair, whereas Booker was a champion to break a mould. Plus I just think he's very entertaining and seems like a top human being to boot.

You guys are all making great points, but you are avoiding the best case for Booker T.

Booker T was in Ready to Rumble. Tully Blanchard was not. Shiiiiiiiit, Booker T was instrumental to Jimmy King regaining his WCW Championship AND $1,000,000.

Booker T has 6 world title reigns, but none of the titles were won at what could be described as a peak time for those respective competitions. That being said his consistency and longevity is superior to that of Blanchard, and at least he won those titles at all, which is more than can be said for his opponent.

Blachard was very good, you don't be a long-term member of The Horseman and had as much success as Tully without being excellent. He enjoyed a decent amount of singles success as well.

But not compared to Booker.

Booker T was part of arguably WCW's greatest tag team (certainly the most successful), and went on to win every singles title in the company, and in WWE he won every single available title except the WWE championship. He did it all. He's always been extremely popular with the fans, very charismatic and a great athlete.

Tully's record is excellent, but Booker's is superior. He's beaten better than Blanchard many times and would do so again here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back