Internet Wrestling Mark...the solution to all my problems?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
For a good long time now, Slyfox696 has struggled to define those people who have bought full-fledged into the typical IWC mantra. You know the kind, the people who think Bryan Danielson is the best wrestler in the world, John Cena sucks because he only knows five moves, Vince only likes big guys, Hulk Hogan was the worst wrestler ever, Sabu should be in the Hall of Fame...stuff like that. Stuff that no rational wrestling fan would ever believe. Forever, I've struggled to discuss that particular type of fan, but I believe I have solved my problem.

I will now call them Internet Wrestling Marks, or IWM, for short. I mean, think about it; it fits perfectly. What is a mark? It is a person who believes something to be real when it's really not. A mark in wrestling is someone who believes that wrestling is real and pays to see the "real" fight, or today, it's someone who may know it's fake, but still allows themselves to be drawn in to the "real" fight. So, it makes perfect sense, as these deluded fans are actually marks for buying into the typical Internet wrestling beliefs.

I plan on pushing this definition as hard as I can. And I hope that I will have your support, and maybe we can get this definition to become a full member of the typical IWC dictionary.

Internet Wrestling Marks. It makes perfect sense. And you all know the types of people I'm talking about.

EDIT: It is now on Wikipedia as well.

"Internet Wrestling Mark, a term to describe a wrestling fan who believes that wrestling and wrestling quality is defined by the way that it is described on the Internet. Generally, an Internet Wrestling Mark (or IWM, for short), will profess common themes quoted by Internet dirt sheet writers, and members on wrestling forums. Many times, these ideas about wrestling are completely false, but the IWM will faithfully cling to them."

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm a rare breed, known as "sits-on-the-fence". I neither hate nor love John Cena, I recognise what Hogan did for the business but do not enjoy his matches, I admit that CM Punk was not ready for a world title quite yet but still mark every time he comes on screen. Oh, and Sabu is a tit, he doesn't deserve a hall of fame spot at all. Anyone who says he does is a moron.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm a rare breed, known as "sits-on-the-fence". I neither hate nor love John Cena, I recognise what Hogan did for the business but do not enjoy his matches, I admit that CM Punk was not ready for a world title quite yet but still mark every time he comes on screen. Oh, and Sabu is a tit, he doesn't deserve a hall of fame spot at all. Anyone who says he does is a moron.

Sums up my post, except for the CM Punk bit, Ive never been a fan.

I am liking this new term, especially considering that 1 year ago that was exactly me, since then Ive learned to take everything said with a grain of salt and have gone back to being a regular mark, sure I know its fake but I still pay to see Y2J vs HBK just to see if Y2J finally gets the better of HBK.

Sabu is a tit, he doesn't deserve a hall of fame spot at all. Anyone who says he does is a moron.

as opposed to Pete Rose, and William "Refrigerator" Perry?, not saying Sabu is a great wrestler or anything but at least he was a wrestler, and if the HOF wasn't such a fucking joke then I would definitely agree, but the HOF really doesn't mean much as long as they add guys like Pete Rose and Refrigerator Perry, two guys that aren't even wrestlers, to it

as opposed to Pete Rose, and William "Refrigerator" Perry?, not saying Sabu is a great wrestler or anything but at least he was a wrestler, and if the HOF wasn't such a fucking joke then I would definitely agree, but the HOF really doesn't mean much as long as they add guys like Pete Rose and Refrigerator Perry, two guys that aren't even wrestlers, to it
As I've said before, people shouldn't get into a Hall of Fame because of others that are in. That's an invalid argument.

No one is saying they should be in, but them being in has nothing to do with whether or not Sabu deserves in. And we all know he doesn't. Except for the two people I'm currently arguing on youtube with.

I gotta say that a HOF place for a big name means a lot more than a football player who guested or something.

As I've said before, people shouldn't get into a Hall of Fame because of others that are in. That's an invalid argument.

No one is saying they should be in, but them being in has nothing to do with whether or not Sabu deserves in. And we all know he doesn't. Except for the two people I'm currently arguing on youtube with.

Where on Youtube?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c5GJYKZwam8

"Bet Sabu goes in within the next 5 years"

I'm still reading this shit, and it's fucking hilariuous, but I thought this post especially was good mostly for teh part I put in bold, it was made by the guy you're owning

OMG don't you ever shut the fuck up??? 696 whats that your area code??? Ive probably forgotten more than you'll ever remember about wrestling. And you are obviously ignoring any FACTS that being that he was INOVATIVE an MANY OTHER WRESTLERS holding him in HIGH REGARDS. TERRY FUNK said SABU shoulda been a millionaire for what hes done for professional wrestling.
ANd if ya wanna start w/ the gay shit your the one talkin about sucking this and sucking that. SABU < U
:lol::lmao:

Ah, that's because we have rules. Whereas on youtube, Sly could kill a man. Hell, he probably has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back