Int Region, Minneapolis Region, First Round: (12) Stan Hansen vs (21) Kerry Von Erich

Who Wins This Match?

• Stan Hansen

• Kerry Von Erich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the International Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

url

url

#12. Stan Hansen

Vs.

url

#21. Kerry Von Erich

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Stan Hansen by a mile. While Von Erich is underrated, Hansen was a fucking beast. His toughness and inspiring strength alone can tear a man apart. He was the first to bodyslam Andre the Giant. Kerry Von Erich wishes he was like Stan Hansen and its not a compliment, its a fact.

Hansen beats Von Erich by the 5 minute mark.

Kerry is a guy who was mainly famous for getting over in one city. Other than that he was drugged out of his mind without being the hometown star, as opposed to Dallas where he was both. Stan Hansen is going to take his head off with a lariat and Kerry is going to like it. This is in Minneapolis as well, where Hansen probably had his best American success. Not much of a contest.

Kerry Von Erich tastes the Lariat in a match that's about 10 minutes, but only because Hansen doesn't really care too much for the Von Erich's. He'll take his time thumping Kerry badly and busting him open.

A second wind by Kerry may come about, but Hansen will finish him with the Lariat and Fritz Von Erich comes down... and helps Kerry onto a stretcher at about the 11 minute mark.

And as KB said, Hansen's only major title came as AWA Worlds Champion, and the AWA was based in... Minneapolis.

LARIATO ICHIBAN!!!

Stan Hansen is one of the baddest dudes to ever step foot in the ring. Kerry Von Erich was wildly popular in Texas thanks to his name. I wonder if he would have been as successful if David didn't die. Anyway, Von Erich's popularity would not be enough to overcome the viciousness of Hansen. I think the Lariat would beat the pretty boy bloody and make short work of Von Erich.

Stan Hansen by murder, plain and simple. I know Kerry will get a small bump by virtue of his Texas Tornado gimmick, but Stan Hansen would have taken Kerry's head clean off his shoulders with a lariat. Hansen was absolutely hated and there's no way Kerry could have beat such a great heel.

Hansen by pinfall, 11 minutes.

I don't like Hansen, he was dangerous in the ring, careless with his opponent and not very entertaining. I do like Texas Tornado, he looks a bit like a crap Ultimate Warrior. People can say that Von Erich was over initially because of his name, or because his brother died. That might be true, but it hasn't really halted the progressions of the careers of Cody Rhodes or Rey Mysterio who have been helped along by similar things. Von Erich actually won the NWA title about the same time that Hansen won the AWA title. The main NWA territorries were infinitely more popular than the AWA by that point and Hansen acted like a total tool when he was asked to drop the title. The unprofessionalism of the man is rivalled only by Bruiser Brody.

"OH! But he's big in Japan"

Minneapolis is not in Japan.

"Von Erich was only big because of his father"

Fritz Von Erich does not work for the WWE. Texas Tornado went over Mr. Perfect at a time when Perfect had lost fewer than 5 matches in 3 years. Look, I know everyone's going to vote Hansen, but you're voting for an ******** who achieved nothing in the USA. Von Erich may not have achieved much without neopotism, but he still achieved something.

As The Texas Tornado, Von Erich could brawl with just about anyone... for a few minutes.

Hansen is too tough, and there's nothing Kerry could do to take him out. Not a big Kerry Von Erich fan to start with, but Hansen was a legitimate bad ass, while Von Erich was just made to look like one.

Hansen goes over.

I think this goes to Stan Hansen. It's entirely possible that had Kerry Von Erich not had the drug problems, he would have been able to have enjoyed a much longer time in the WWF as the Texas Tornado. I love Kerry Von Erich, I was thrilled to death when the Texas Tornado debuted in the WWF after watching him for years in WCCW. But, Kerry's personal problems were the greatest opponent he ever faced, and he lost most of those battles. Kerry might have been a far bigger star nationally than he was had he been able to conquer those demons, but that's just a lot of woulda/coulda/shoulda. The fact is, he couldn't overcome them. I have to take Kerry's career for what it was, not for what it might have been. Once I do that, the choice becomes obvious. Stan Hansen's career overall is significantly better than Kerry's. That, and he is one of the toughest guys to ever wear a pair of wrestling trunks.

Stan Hansen was hard as fucking nails, while Kerry Von Erich, while being a good talent, spent far too much of his time drugged out of his mind. In Ric Flair's book, he mentions about how Kerry would sometimes have to be carried through the whole match and have little idea what was going on.

He isn't the hometown hero either, so he hasn't got that advantage in this match like he did in Dallas. You can't be off your tits on drugs when you are up against Stan Hansen either. A dazed Von Erich would stagger around the ring and walk straight into a lariat from Hansen and it's allll over!

Winner: Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

I don't like Hansen, he was dangerous in the ring, careless with his opponent and not very entertaining. I do like Texas Tornado, he looks a bit like a crap Ultimate Warrior. People can say that Von Erich was over initially because of his name, or because his brother died. That might be true, but it hasn't really halted the progressions of the careers of Cody Rhodes or Rey Mysterio who have been helped along by similar things. Von Erich actually won the NWA title about the same time that Hansen won the AWA title. The main NWA territorries were infinitely more popular than the AWA by that point and Hansen acted like a total tool when he was asked to drop the title. The unprofessionalism of the man is rivalled only by Bruiser Brody.

The reason he won that belt was because the event was in Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas... and at a tribute show for one of his brother's. Also it was with a backslide.

Hansen beat the snot out of Rick Martel and submitted him with a Brazos Valley Back Breaker, or a Boston Crab. Either way, Hansen's win was much more dominant and much more meaningful. Kerry was a transitional champion. Hansen was going to carry the company until Gagne decided to commit to an over the hill Nick Bockwinkel instead. Hansen had reasons to be hot about the whole thing.

"OH! But he's big in Japan"

HUGE in Japan. Get it right. :)

Minneapolis is not in Japan.

Nope. Hansen was paid way less there and was treated worse than he was in Japan.

"Von Erich was only big because of his father"

And the ladies liked him.

Fritz Von Erich does not work for the WWE. Texas Tornado went over Mr. Perfect at a time when Perfect had lost fewer than 5 matches in 3 years. Look, I know everyone's going to vote Hansen, but you're voting for an ******** who achieved nothing in the USA. Von Erich may not have achieved much without neopotism, but he still achieved something.

I'll see your Von Erich beating Mr. Perfect and raise you Hansen beating Lex Luger, who hadn't lost a US title match in almost TWO YEARS! Hansen beat him with the Lariat, and should have beat him in the return match, but the stupid refs jobbed Hansen out of retaining the belt.

Hansen was an '********', but he achieved more than Von Erich did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back