Injuries: What Your Body Is Trying To Tell You.

NYSandman

Testicles. That is all.
I'd like some opinions on this. Batista is injured yet again, not long at all from returning from another injury.

Kennedy, supposedly, got injured yet again.

And, we have guys like Kevin Nash who seemed to have been injured for 90% of their careers.

This can apply to any sport, but I'll focus on wrestling. If a guy keeps getting injured frequently, such as twice in 12 months, I think there are a few things that need to be considered.

1. Your in ring skills are flawed, and you're doing something wrong that's causing you to get hurt.
2. You are using some type of performance enhancing drug that is weakening your body.
3. You are simply getting too old to perform at your current level.
4. You may have some underlying medical condition which is causing the frequent injuries.

When does a wrestler realize that it may be time to pack it in, or, at least, hit the gym more or train more to make sure they can continue to perform?

It's also negatively affecting your abilities to earn money. A company isn't going to keep getting behind you, and when you get big, BOOM, gone for another 6 months.

Batista just, JUST came back, and now he's gone again. Does Vince keep pushing this guy, never knowing when he might be on the DL again?

I don't know what it is with Batista. It could be any of the reasons I listed above. He's no spring chicken.

But, do you think after, let's say, 3 surgery-requiring injuries in 3 years a wrestler should think about changing professions? Or, is it just bad luck?

I'm not including HHH here, as he seems to be doing pretty good since his last injury. Hope he stays that way.

'Taker's another example. The big man is getting hurt just TOO much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back