In hindsight Mr. Kennedy was quite horrible

Kennedy was crap from day one. I never saw what the IWC and half the writers in WWE saw in him. He was generic, bland, and uninteresting. He got over solely because of his entrance. Kennedy was never good in the ring, has no sense of psychology, and had the charisma of a brick. The only mistake WWE made with him was pushing him. Kennedy is a permanent enhancement talent and never should have been made into more.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate, but I'm not going to full-on lie and say that Kennedy is a technical genius. He isn't. He's an average wrestler with an average move-set. But that's not what wrestling is all about. Hogan, Rock, Cena, Goldberg, Undertaker, Nash, etc. were all pretty bland in the ring, but they made up the difference by oozing personality. These guys weren't pushed because they were good between the ropes, it's because they were good on the mic, and eventually some of them were able to catch up on the technical side of things by working with other great wrestlers. Today, Undertaker, Cena and Rock have each had a couple of 5-star matches.

I always saw Mr. Kennedy as a similar type of superstar. He would ooze personality, but he was bland in the ring. He made it for that by having a great character, great entrance, mic skills, etc. Some parts of his character were hokey, and of it was up to Ken, he would have been even hokier, but WWE knew how to tune his character in just the right way for him to get over. I definitely saw Kennedy as one of WWE's future stars. Had things gotten differently, by 2011, I bet Ken would be putting on 4 star matches with Punk and Bryan. His ring skills would grow with time.

HOWEVER, the dude was injury prone as fuck. I feel sorry for him, because it might not be his fault that he was born with paper skin and glass bones, but it is what it is. Not only did he get injured all the time, he would also injure everyone around him. After his magnificent start, it became apparent that keeping him around was a risk. And after injuring Cena, there was no way they would allow him to injure Orton. It was time to let him go and I agree with the release.

I doubt he has a place back in WWE. Never say never, but I don't think it would be worth the time or effort to reintroduce Mr. Kennedy and then have him injure Punk, Bryan and Orton in some horrible freak accident involving a mistimed triple clothesline.

People here are mentioning Kennedy injuring wrestlers (and yes, Kennedy was careless), but so is another guy who is massively overrated, and is careless in the ring, and sucks on the mike- Brock Lesnar!

Lesnar is one of the most overrated guys in WWE history. He has size, and that is it. He needs Heyman to speak for him (whereas Kennedy was at least good on the mike) and he was just as careless in the ring, and only hasn't injured as many is through luck, and not lack of trying.

Orton runs backstage, crying like a baby that Kennedy almost injured his widdle shoulder and got Kennedy fired. Considering some of the stuff Orton has done that should have got him fired over the years, it is a bit rich wanting others gone.

I wonder then how he felt when Brock potatoed him at "Summerslam" and opened him up hardway. He probably knew running backstage to complain to Vince wouldn't have done much good, since Vince was probably giving Brock a blowjob at the time.

Kennedy was overrated, but he is left in the shade when it comes to being the most overrated guy in WWE history. That honor goes to Brock Lesnar, and yet the fans cheer his limited moveset, his careless ring style, and obvious "don't give a shit" attitude, just because he shows up once a blue moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back