Impact Loses Everyman Jeremy Borash to WWE

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to Pwinsider, WWE has hired long time TNA & Impact Wrestling employee Jeremy Borash. Impact Wrestling has confirmed to the site that he is leaving. Borash was backstage at the WWE events over the last several days in Philadelphia, but initially was telling those who asked that he was just visiting friends; the word at last night’ Raw is that he’s signed. Borash was doing commentary voiceovers for upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling this past Thursday and was at Friday night’s House of Hardcore event in Philly filming material for Impact, which appears to be his final duties for the company.

Borash had worked in so many roles for the company since 2002, including ring announcing, commentating and doing backstage interviews at different points in front of the camera. With his departure, that means that Impact will be airing several months of Impact with a lead announcer that is not coming back.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-hires-jeremy-borash/

--

What a massive, massive loss for Impact. This guy did everything -- creative, announcing, interviews, was the driving force behind the entire Broken Universe, etc.

Good luck filling even one of the dozen shoes he wore with half the passion.

If this turn out to be true, this is a huge blow for IMPACT wrestling especially since they we're already promoting a lot of stuff for their Twitch channel and Borash was suppose to be in the center of all of this new content. They even gave him the old Live Audio Wrestling show that he was suppose to host on the channel.

So again if this is true, who do you get to replace him on commentary? Really at this point, is there even anybody from outside the company that would be willing to step up for the next set of tapings.

I get they are in a rebuilding stage but at this point i feel like that if this is true, they just lost their foundation and it's going to be very hard to replace him. At less we might actually be able to get the whole Broken Matt character in WWE with Borash on board.

Someone that could probably step in and help with a bunch of those responsibilities and mainly announce is Joey Styles.

I think Jeremy Borash is one of the most underrated talents in wrestling, Seen him live several times during the Wrestling All Stars tours where everytime he almost did everything on the shows except wrestle, Was the host of the events, Ringside Commentator, Ring Announcer, Done the wrestlers interviews then later seen him in the TNA events doing similar except for the commentary. Big loss for Impact and big gain for the WWE I just hope WWE uses him to his potential. A lot of new signings by the WWE lately, They almost have the whole old main TNA roster just missing James Storm and Jeff Jarrett now.

That is a big surprise and good get for WWE. Hopefully they will involve him more and let him work with the Broken Hardyz stuff again as that is one dimensional, going nowhere and has lost all direction. It looks like it is truly the changing of IMPACT wrestling guard. I hope IMPACT still succeeds and to stay around unlike a lot of people who like to crap on it. Without more platforms you wouldn't get guys getting second chances or a chance to create a star on another noticeable platform as proved from all the guys WWE have signed from IMPACT over the years (AJ, Roode, EY, Joe, Xavier etc.) and guys who have gone there to restart like Angle, Dudleyz, Christian, Lashley, Hardyz, Drew, EC3 etc..

Safe to say I didn't see this coming at all. It's not a death blow to Impact, but this has just about the effect as losing James Storm and EC3. I was unaware of all the jobs that JB has held down over the years, and there's no way one person will be able to fill that void. Maybe they'll pair up Josh Matthews with Jimmy Jacobs on commentary. Huge loss for sure.

If Impact is paying by appearance, I can see why Borash left. A full-time paycheck is a lot better than a sporadic one. If Anthem was not going to pay Borash full-time money, then it is time to leave. Impact's loss will be huge. But, they will be able to pivot from it. Borash is a nice pickup for Stamford.

Yeah, he was like the core of TNA/Impact. I met him at one of the tapings and he was really nice. Big loss for them but really good for him. He deserves something more steady and secure - which I'm hoping the WWE gig will be for him.

I feel so sad for the people behind the scenes and the Impact/TNA performers who did their damn best for the business over the years and I cannot blame Jeremy for going to WWE - much like many former TNA/Impact performers have. TNA/Impact has never really been run properly. Look at Dixie Carter - she gushes over WWE and I must ask, would Burger King's CEO gush over how well McDonalds latest promotion is going? NO! It is a slap in the face to everybody who has ever worked hard since day one for TNA/Impact. I know Dixie left TNA a long time ago now - but she was the face of the brand for long time - but she is still a minority shareholder - and she still gushes about WWE. Is it any wonder Impact is in the dogshit heap?

I just wonder if he will have anything bad to say about the company. It seems most former TNA guys end up having nothing but bad shit to say about the company that was paying them and giving them exposure across the world. I don't think he will, but it is a blow for TNA but I'm happy he gets to utilize his amazing talents else where.

That's not really true. Plenty of performers have left and spoken highly of their time there, praising specific folks behind the scenes for helping them to advance their careers. Gail Kim, Bobby Lashley, Rockstar Spud, EC3, etc. have all had only positive things to say since their departures. If my memory serves, wasn't Davey Richards just as positive?

I won't be suprised to see Don West sell WWE Merchandise on the WWE Network and their YouTube channel. Meanwhile Borash can be a backstage reporter for either Raw, SmackDown Live or NXT.

It was time for him to go. He did everything that had to be done in TNA. Now all they have left of the original guys are Abyss and Ryder.

great pickup for the WWE...i too got to meet jb a handful of times over the years and he seemed like a real nice stand up guy. I wish him nothing but the best. Im just glad we dont have to sit through any more borash and mathews whining and arguing anymore..god that was awful

I lost interest in Impact since AJ Styles left them, I knew since that time that they will start to go down slowly and losing Jeremy Borash is just the proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back