• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Impact Commentary

mike1215

Dark Match Winner
(sorry if this topic has been discussed before)

Is anyone else getting bothered by the Impact commentary on Thursday nights? With all due respect, Taz and Mike Tenay are both stand-up, hard working guys, but they just don't add any excitement to the matches and to the moments that are supposed to draw big pops. I'm a huge TNA guy. I still think it's better than WWE at the moment (although WWE is quickly closing the gap), but I've only been tuning in for about a year and a half now. After watching/listening to old matches, it seems to me that guys like Don West or Jeremy Borash would be much better fits to add intrigue and emotion to an otherwise lackluster commentary. Mike Tenay could be better suited as a backstage interviewer.

Also, should TNA turn their commentators heel and face?

yes they should turn someone heel maybe taz because both of them agreeing with each other isnt fun to listen to and doesnt bring interest to listen to when they re saying the same thing i would have jb added he is good at the table he proved it at destination X

I couldn't agree more. The TNA Booth is stale as a week old cracker. All they do is talk, there voices never increase in volume or change pitch. When a person hits there finisher, there's no pop. There's no expression. A hell/face dynamic is just what they need.

commentary has always been an issue with tna. I dont like mike tenay. The guy speaks in passive tense for godsake during the match. He doesnt know when to shut up in big momment and back stage segments. He always leave a little comment at the end of every backstage segment, which it really kill the mood.

Tna should have kept the heel don west and coupled him with taz. Atleast those two would make commentary a little bit decent comparing to tenay/taz

tna needs to change there commentaters. mike tenay has always been awful in TNA and Don West wasn't much better. Taz was ok on Smackdown/ ECW but he hasnt been very good on TNA either. Surely they could get some better commentators?

ummm in case any of you missed it Taz basically works as a heel announcer he usually agrees with the heel tactics (for example he agrees with austin aries cheating every week) and theres plently of other examples but in all honesty a heel announcer is pretty pointless.....but i like taz on commentary and as far as tenay goes he over sells alot of big moves....when tenay and don west were the announcers it got a bit annoying how much they oversold everything (if you dont belive me watch old ppv matches where tenay and west call the action) and as far as JB goes...he does the ppv and impact main event offical ring announcements most of the time and he interviews people backstage hes good as his job dont move him

taz has always been extremley bland on commentary face or heel. he doesnt put emotion into anything. mike tenay is the play by play guy so he does his job fine, he is the josh matthews of tna. i dont care if he oversold anything but don west brought energy even to the most boring matches. it gets you exited for the match. he needs to be brought back to bring enthuisasm to the tna commentary table.

If you like michael cole's commentating I hate you. He takes it way way way to far when he tries to be heel. I enjoy Impact commentating though it isn't JR and King. They are just the best.

I have never been a fan of Cole's commentary. He is great as a heel on the mic (which would be great for in ring interviews), but his play by play is too genuine which is confusing and kind of takes away from his heel persona.

JR provides, by far, the greatest commentary. King is a terrible face commentator, but his heel commentary during the attitude era was golden.

I'm actually one of the few who enjoys Matt Striker as a commentator. The way he describes the guys as they are coming out to the ring is f--ing hilarious.

As far as TNA commentary goes, if they are trying to sell me Taz as a heel commentator, I am definitely not buying it. And I agree that Tenay's primary responsibility is to do the play by play, but he needs to study JR's playbook and understand how to incorporate some kind of passion during moments that require a big pop.

I actually like the commentary team of Mike Tenay and Taz. Tenay knows his shit and there's a reason he's known as the Professor. Taz on the other hand, is funny as hell and pretty damn honest, which I like.

On this weeks iMPACT! during the Aries/Shelley match Taz said something about being pleased with what Aries is doing in the X-Division, as the spirit of competition is boring and gets annoying. And I couldn't agree more. The way he reacts to the Knockouts is again him just being honest and some of the things he comes out with are hilarious. And some of the lines he messes up have me in stitches. He's just an entertaining commentator.

A few months ago I tried giving WWE another go but for the 5 minutes I watched the commentary team just bitched, moaned and bickered like little girls and this made me turn the channel. TNAs announce team has never been bad enough for me to stop watching.

Keep up the good work I say.

I would have tazz turn into the heel and have him like cole on wwe and have him just praise imortal like he is a big kiss ass and then put jb in there and have tazz telling him and mike to shut up ect u know like they do on wwe as lets face it they try to do basically what wwe do anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back