• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Imagine if Samoa Joe was the TNA World Champion...

BigBombB

Pre-Show Stalwart
Imagine Samoa Joe, holding the top strap in the company, showing up on a late night talk show to talk about being the greatest wrestler in the world. Imagine him talking about coming up in the business with John Cena, having the best matches in CM Punk's career, having beat the hell out of Daniel Bryan back before his name was backwards. Imagine him being asked how he would fair against Randy Orton and treating it like a joke, that a guy like Orton would cower in a corner to avoid an ass whooping from Samoa Joe.

Look at that...I mean, seriously, look at that. Take a guy that is almost certain to gain legendary status one day, who (whether by coincidence or otherwise) has connections to pretty much every top wrestler of the past five years, and let him be a super badass. He doesn't need to be dazzling on the microphone, as long as he is talking about his legitimate claim to being one of the best to ever step into the business then he is going to grab huge amounts of attention.

This alone would gain TNA tons of ratings and its a simple formula that has worked throughout wrestling history. The underdog promotion shows they have a guy equal to that of the top promotion. By association the entire company becomes credible to the casual viewer. No, Joe doesn't have a typical look...and that is exactly why he would work as the guy to put TNA on the map. Wipe away the rest of TNA history, wrestling does it all the time, pretend Joe never stopped being a beast and push him like he has no equal. Profit.

Its a good idea but i think it would work more back in the days. I could see someone like flairdoing this. I dont tthink samoa joe is on a big enoughplatform to do this

Joe is a formidable competitor in the ring with an arsenal of moves and holds that attracted a huge amount of attention to the TNA crowd when he began his career over there. He has played both heel and face and has put on some of TNA's best matches. I think Joe vs Daniels vs Styles is still one of the top TNA matches I have ever seen. I imagined how it would be like if TNA and WWE had a show-off with one another, and who would face who. For example

Aries vs. Punk
Sting vs. Taker
Styles vs. Cena
Evan Bourne or Rey vs. Amazing Red
etc ..

Not many people I know would match Joe's style due to his size and agility. Now I am talking about wrestlers with credit to their names. Best people to face him would be Jericho or Bryan or Punk.
Samoa Joe is definitely one of TNA's all time greats.
With that being said, TNA is still very small compared to WWE. In its recent years, its become insignificant compared to the WWE. Though putting the title on Joe would be a great idea, if he were to boast those claims on any show, most people would think he is talking nonsense because most fans only know of WWE. I don't think that would ever happen.

I don't know if it's this simple for TNA to win over casual viewers but hey, this is different. Most people act like TNA has infected Samoa Joe with lethal poison.

With that being said, TNA is still very small compared to WWE. In its recent years, its become insignificant compared to the WWE. Though putting the title on Joe would be a great idea, if he were to boast those claims on any show, most people would think he is talking nonsense because most fans only know of WWE. I don't think that would ever happen.
:lmao: Everybody know it's fake. If he's entertaining and looks the part they won't give a shit.

Love the original post.

I feel bad for Joe. His ROH days were great. Some of my favorites. I got to see Joe vs Punk 2 live. Loved that shit to death.

Now he just looks like a fool with random goofy haircuts, stupid tights, stupid story lines and that occasional tribal warpaint.

Cesaro's making it now too.

Maybe one day Joe, Styles, and Hero will get to the big time... but time's running out fast.

We all think about it, Joe was afraid to take a chance with the WWE, while all of his friends went for it. Dreamed big and a lot of them are the top stars in the WWE now. Most of them don't have the WWE look but they got over, I have talk about this many times. What if Joe went for it, he might of failed, or he might of been one of the biggest stars in the WWE.

Some of the rumors back in the day is he didn't want to be a savage Samoan type heel. But he ended up with face paint and ferking knife in TNA, which is much worst then anything WWE would of done with him. Its not like he didn't have friends in high places in the WWE, he's friends with John Cena, and ferking Cena use to eat dinner at Joe's Moms house. All the what if Joe went for a bigger dream, what If?

Joe has been watered down for a long time now and he's looked unmotivated for a while. It's a shame because the guy is insanely talented but they've booked him poorly for a long time with only sporadic moments where he was made to look like the badass he was when he debuted, when he was in the X-Division and when he had those matches with Angle.

At 35 they'd need to put the belt on him ASAP though I worry that his time has passed in TNA. I loved that promotion for a long time but find it hard to get into now. Best thing for Joe is a clean break and to re-establish himself as a badass back in ROH or elsewhere.

Then imagine having Joe on a late night chat show talking about his links to the people that've made it to WWE and you can already picture the casual audience going "that fatty boom boom thinks he's a wrestler?" and laughing at him and TNA for having this, in my wifes words "Big Daddy sized fat arse" as their champion. Joe had his chance then TNA pissed him about and he stopped caring. He's just a lump now who doesn't seem nowhere near motivated enough to be anywhere near a world title reign.

I'll give you that it's cool he came about at the same time as the others but, as has been said, they made it to the top of THE big time...The closest Joe came was when he was considered for the role of Umaga but turned it down (probably for the best).

Then imagine having Joe on a late night chat show talking about his links to the people that've made it to WWE and you can already picture the casual audience going "that fatty boom boom thinks he's a wrestler?" and laughing at him and TNA for having this, in my wifes words "Big Daddy sized fat arse" as their champion. Joe had his chance then TNA pissed him about and he stopped caring. He's just a lump now who doesn't seem nowhere near motivated enough to be anywhere near a world title reign.

Have you even watched Joe in recent times? he's been bringing it hard, there's clearly a fire under his ass again for whatever reason.

Still, I somehow doubt there's many talk shows lining up to have TNA World Champion Samoa Joe on their show and I further doubt that it would entice many new viewers. Wrestling isn't hot enough now for people to be intrigued that Joe worked with those big names and want to check him out. Most of the minority who would actually care about that already know.

He's 35 and too fat to wrestle with his shirt off.

The talk show push should be given to a younger guy. IF a talk show even wants to have TNA wrestlers on it. Wrestling isn't that hot right now and talk shows aren't lining up to air basically a vignette.

I do like the idea of someone going on TV and going half-shoot, half-kayfabe on a talk show. Something that Flair would have done 30 years ago and it would have got over big. But wrestling wasn't as ridiculous (see: Russo-fied) as it is now. No one is gonna take a half shoot/work seriously when they turn to TNA and see shows ending with everyone falling into a vortex under the ring and lighter fluid force fields lol.

The idea could work, in theory for a younger TNA guy and in a time with less ridiculous angles.

Joe, as far as I'm concerned, should try for a WWE run while he's still moderately far away from 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back