• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm so worried...

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
... about Felipe Massa. He has suffered serious head injurys following this crash in Qualifying for tomorrows Hungarian Grand Prix. Two huge crashes that were caused by flying objects hitting a drivers head at high speed in 6 days, one of them fatal, the other could well be fatal yet.

I am so worried. I am an absolutely huge fan of Felipe's so to see this happen to him is just awful.

This is a statement released by Ferrari about the crash and Felipe's condition:

"After the accident during the qualifying session of the Grand Prix of Hungary, Felipe Massa was airlifted to the AEK hospital in Budapest," the statement said. "Felipe was conscious at the arrival at the hospital and his general conditions remain stable.

"Following a complete medical examination it emerged that he had suffered a cut on his forehead, a bone damage of his skull and a brain concussion. These conditions need to be operated on after which he will remain under observation in intensive care."

Heres the crash:

[youtube]3hfr29J4Xpo[/youtube]

The object that hit Felipe is thought to be a suspension spring from the back of Rubens Barrichello's Brawn GP car.

You're really worried about him yet feel the need to show us the accident?

Hey, you don't have to watch the accident, I posted the video so that anyone who wishes to see it can. And just because I've added a video of the crash dosen't mean I'm not worried about him! Completely uncalled for! By the way, that's well mature for red-repping me when I actually haven't done anything wrong, when you've posted something utterly stupid by emplying that basically I don't care about Felipe.

You're really worried about him yet feel the need to show us the accident?

There's no real need for that Lee. Just because he posts a video, it doesn't mean he cares any less.

Rob, I am sure that Felipe will be OK. It looks absolutely awful but I am confident that he will come through it. I am not really a Ferrari fan and I less of a Massa fan but I respect the guy as a person. He comes across as a nice guy. Hopefully, he will be OK.

Rob, I am sure that Felipe will be OK. It looks absolutely awful but I am confident that he will come through it. I am not really a Ferrari fan and I less of a Massa fan but I respect the guy as a person. He comes across as a nice guy. Hopefully, he will be OK.

Well the encouraging signs are that his condition has been stable since he left the track to go to hospital, and that he was heard talking as well. But it's still just an awful accident, again like Henry Surtees's crash last Sunday, it was a 'freak' accident. If he had been about half a second quicker at that point it would of missed him.

He'll be fine. It was an awful incident, especially coming so soon after Henry Surtees, but he is not thought to be in a critical state. He will have the finest surgeons possible working on him. He may miss a race or two but he'll definitely be back. Shame it happened right when the Ferrari's were looking promising.

Do you think this will lead to better safety precautions

Well this is a statement from Rubens Barrichello this afternoon:

We need to sit down and have a look at it. I think the cars are a hell of a lot safer, really a lot safer. But there is no coincidence on this fact that something that needs to be looked at.

So he certainally thinks that something needs to be done. Me... I always encourage any safety precaution to be applied. The HANS (The Head and Neck support device) has worked wonders in a number of high speed crashes, and after Ayrton's death in 1994, the cars safety were improved dramatically. Something needs to be done. What that is... I don't know. The obvious choice would be to close off the cockpit but that would have huge aerodynamic implications and the cars would look ridiclous. But if thats whats needed to ensure every drivers safety then maybe thats what should happen. Only time will tell.

He'll be fine. It was an awful incident, especially coming so soon after Henry Surtees, but he is not thought to be in a critical state. He will have the finest surgeons possible working on him. He may miss a race or two but he'll definitely be back. Shame it happened right when the Ferrari's were looking promising.

Indeed. Felipe has been pretty quick this weekend and I actually had high-hopes for him tomorrow. I'm sure he will be fine... I'm still worried about him and will continue to worry about him untill it's announced that the surgery was a complete success and that he's on the mend. If all goes well he'll be back by Singapore in my opinion.

Indeed. Felipe has been pretty quick this weekend and I actually had high-hopes for him tomorrow. I'm sure he will be fine... I'm still worried about him and will continue to worry about him untill it's announced that the surgery was a complete success and that he's on the mend. If all goes well he'll be back by Singapore in my opinion.

Surgery a success according to early reports. Great news.

Well that is good. Don't know about him, as I am not a F1 fan, but no one wants to see someone get hurt in their sport to the point of death.

Surgery a success according to early reports. Great news.

Got a link? Infact don't worry, it's been reported on Autosport.com that he's had successful surgery. Man I feel alot better thanks to this news. Hopefully he'll be on the mend and back racing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back