• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm interested to see TNA's rating tomorrow.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
I don't think this show will have such a good rating. Cable TV juggernaut the "Jersey Shore" returns tonight along with other popular shows that regularly air tonight. Being a member of TNA's target demo, I know that I'm interested to see JS, Wilfred, Louie, and Big Brother along with TNA tonight during the 9-11 time slot. Luckily, Louie, Wilfred and JS have replays.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked to see Jersey Shore haul in 10 million viewers tonight and I think 8-10 millions is possible, 10 being the highest. You just don't see those type of numbers on cable tv. Then again, maybe the number will dip and people are not as attached too Jersey Shore as they have been. I think their best number was 8.5 million viewers in past seasons. Scary to think that show does nearly double RAW's viewers.

Either way, I'm not too optimistic about TNA's rating for tonights show. If they do a 1.1 then I think they will have done well, due to the competition.

I can't wait to see them get on the road. I think they're putting on good shows, but they're so balanced that they've lost some of their unpredictability. I'm interested to see the fall out of Anderson/Bubba. Would like creative to come up with something better for Anderson and I'd be nice if TNA had a more dynamic stable then Immortal. I like the idea of Anderson leading a heel stable, but I'm not a fan of him with him and Immortal and I feel like they blew their load.

I might scrap Fourtune and Immortal at this point. I don't think either stable is over at this point and I don't think guys like Anderson, Aj, Beer Money etc need a stable to get over, or at least the stable they're in.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the show tonight (how much better would it be if it weren't taped?) and it's a pretty good tv night in general.

I think Hogan/Bish's contracts expire at the end of the year, I wonder if they will resign at that point? One thing I don't like about TNA right now is that everyone seems to have side jobs. Hogan does Rent A Center, Bisch has tons of projects with TV, Beer, etc, Angle has Angle foods and Olympics, Mickie James' music, Anderson only looking to stay another 2-3 years and trying to get involved in other stuff--they're just doesn't seem to be enough hunger and focus from the entire roster. Not to mention you never know when Steiner, Sting, and Flair will call it quits.

Of Koz, Masters, DH Smith, Kim, and Melina ... I'd probably want to see Smith end up in TNA the most. He is the son of the british bulldog, cousin of Dynamite Kid and a Hart, I'd have to think with his pedigree, he still has a lot to offer.

I don't know the relationship between TNA and Kim, but I'd guess they'd want to pick her back up.

I wonder if TNA would be interested in Melina for name value or if this might eventually lead Morrison to leave WWE?

I don't want to see Masters anywhere near TNA and I don't think they'd want to sign him, but that's just my opinion.

I think TNA might give the Moscow Mauler a shot. Then again, who knows. He might even be interested in pro wrestling for them or in general anymore.

Interesting day though even if the names released weren't that earth shattering. Hopefully there will be more cuts!

John leaving the Wwe would be fucking pointless. Melina hasn't done anything in years, he's not doing that much. But he's got a large fan base behind him. Leaving Wwe at this point would do nothing for him.

8.8 Millions people tuned in to watch the Jersey Shore season premiere at 10 O'clock last night and did an 8.2 rating among p12-34, so I guess we'll see how TNA did against it's cable competitor.

Also I just wanted to point out that TNA is having it's best ratings year as 2009 averaged a 1.15 and thought TNA fell too a 1.11 during 2010, it now averages a 1.2 throughout 2011 so far. Hopefully, the Jersey Shore does not hurt TNA's steady climb especially with road shows weeks away.

Impact Wrestling on Thursday, August 4 scored a 1.14 rating, down from a 1.20 rating last week and 1.26 rating the week before.

Impact averaged 1.44 million viewers, the fewest in eight weeks dating back to the June 2 episode. It represents a 22 percent drop compared to two weeks ago when the July 21 episode averaged 1.79 million viewers.

Impact was faced with tough cable TV competition on Thursday night, as the MTV season premiere of "Jersey Shore" averaged 8.8 million viewers. USA Network also fared well with "Burn Notice" and "Suits." Impact was also out-rated by Shark Week on Discovery.

Alright, the 1.14 is not so bad, if it had gotten a 1.15 it would of been rounded up to a 1.2 anyway and as I said, a 1.1 would of been a good number going by it's competition. The thing TNA has to worry about is Jersey Shore's season is only beginning and network TV shows will be returning in September. I am glad that TNA was able to pull in that 1.14 though, it's not great but it's not like they lost a bunch of their audience.

If TNA can pull in 1.14's in the Impact Zone going against all the comp it did last night, I think they will be able to still pull in the 1.3+ ratings for their shows that go on the road.

Is Smackdown up against any competition whatsoever tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back