• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'll Never Understand This.

Super Crazy

CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
After christmas, at work, the hours get cut back, and in my position, we are only needed at night , not during the day, and the hours all because of the low budget, but the thing I don't understand, they've changed my hours every week after christmas, giving me day shifts except for 1 or 2 shifts, and fairly lengthy ones at that, and I just don't understand where the money comes from for them to change the hours and why the money isn't there the whole time.

Anyone on here a big business guru and can explain this to me?

That's why your hours are cut back.

You are never going to be as busy, all year around, as you are going to be from Thanksgiving to Christmas and trust me, I used to work in retail aswell from high school till just about a year ago.

If they're still giving you full-time hours and you have irregular schedules, it's because they're putting you where the need you, or where they're budgeted to put you at. If it's not just you that's getting weird hours, then I don't know what to tell you; but, if it's just you and other people have steadier schedules, then they probably rank higher in seniority.

Actually I'm getting stteadier schedules then the full time people all because they keep switching my hours to more benefit my availability.

Then what's the question here? If you're getting an irregular schedule, it seems to be the case that your boss is taking your lifestyle into account.

My question is where does the money come from for the budget to increase to give more hours if it's the slow time of the year.

Did they cut all their seasonal employees? If they kept more people on, then it might be the case that their business forecast for January 2010 was more optimistic than their forecast for January of last year.

Nope, if anything I'd say the business forecast was less optimistic, as they had to cut more people then they normally would and had to move a bunch of people to different positions just to give them hours, oh well. It doesn't matter, it was just randomly on my mind last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back