• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Were A Wrestler

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Would you be satisfied with your career if for example, it turned out like Disco Infernos? This is what inspired the thread:

great question! for the record, so schmucks like you should know, i never gave a rat's ass whether i drew or not. i just liked going to the mailbox and getting an extremely healthy paycheck every two weeks for living my dream job. since this is your first post, and anyone with half a brain can tell you'll get teddy harted, you can't get under my skin for being a wrestler, and one of the more recognizeable ones at that.

Now if you were going to take the step to become a wrestler, would you be happy if it panned out in a similar way to Disco's, or would you want a little big more. I can't imagine most would be wrestlers start training with the intention of being a mid card guy. I'm sure most if not all want to be the top guy. But it just doesn't happen.

Or would you be more than happy if your career had gone the same way as Disco Inferno's? He was after all part of WCW during it's big run, got paid a lot of money, and still has a job in the business today.

Disco Inferno is just an example btw.

Sure, everyone would want to be the WWE champion. It would be their dream I'm sure. No wrestler today went out with the thought they were going to job for the rest of their life.

However, if it came to a point where I was somehow offered a spot in the WWE, I wouldn't care what I was. You'd be out there, doing something you love, getting paid for it, and becoming globally recognised. Sure, the dream of one day being big would be there, but I wouldn't be upset if I never made it to be champion.

Added to the fact I'd never want to be womens champion, and yeah, just being there would be pretty awesome.

I'd probably be happy if i could get over, if nothing else. I remember reading on here that Shelton Benjamin didn't think it was worth putting in any extra effort into his wrestling skills because he's already made more money than he'd ever dreamed possible.

I'd be happy just to hear the millions (and millions) chanting the aG3Nt's name, even if i never held a title or was even on PPV. Hell, if i got to WWE level and they made a total ass of me, i know that other companies in Japan etc would be interested in me even if TNA didn't think i was worth looking at twice.

I wouldn't mind a career like Disco's although I would like to be able to get into Canada. If I was able to go out and look around and see 20, 100, 1,000 people cheering or booing me I would be happy. If I was able to pick up a cheque and look at it and think. "I think I'll buy that pool" I would be damn happy.

Of course I'd love to hold titles, headline PPVs, sell loads of merch but I would just want to get there. Once there anything else would be a bonus.

It just depends on how realistic you are. Someone with the size of Glenn, no shot at him by the way, is probably very realistic as to what his options where when it came to being a champion. Glenn got heat back in the day, and he got a lot of real heat. He was a 90's take on the Honky Tonk Man, something that he says he wanted to do and well, he did it. Disco and Honky almost go together when it comes to characters like that.

Now if you are a person with a bit more size, like say myself at 6'4", then I think more would be expected of me then it would of someone the size of Brian Kendrick. Someone like Brian Kendrick will win the US title and have a career that is considered a success, because of his size. Someone my size at 6'4" winning the US title would be seen as a failure.

But that's the fans percpective, I think a lot depends on the individual performers. Disco's career is a success because he is known as the Disco Inferno, a plan he had for a while.

If I ever walk through the curtain. to preform in front of 100 people at a high school gym, I am a success. I took the steps to get trained, to get gimmicked, and I worked a match in front of people. I am a pro wrestler, I have succeeded. To me, its not about titles, or fame, or notoriety, or money, or anything. Its about love. Love of the "sport" a love of pro wrestling. It doesnt matter to me if I make nothing, or ever win, or even get squashed every time out. Its the fact that I really, actually did it. I got to walk through the curtain, I got to hear the crowd, I did it. Lived my dream. That would be success to me. And if thats all it ever was, then I would be happy with it. Just to be able to do it. Eveyerthing else is just extra icing on the top.

I think that no matter what your dream is you always hope to be the best at whatever it is you love. I would think that no matter what you would be happy that you made it even if you were not the top guy. If you dreamed of being an NBA player and made it and was the 6th man and never won an MVP award or championship would you be disappointed? I wouldn't! I would be proud of myself for the hardwork i put in and the payoff of all that work. I would feel like I accomplished my dream if I made it to the WWE or TNA and was a mid card guy because you are earning a living doing what you love! To me thats success. Titles and awards are great and to be recognized as the best in the business is a true honor but to make it to the big leagues is an honor in itself. It says you are among the best in the world at your craft. So I would be very happy if I had a career like Disco had! That dude still wrestles today!

If I had a career like Disco's I would be very happy, I love watching wrestling and I love doing it even more, if I could just perform in front of a crowd I'd be happy, of course once I got there I wouldnt stop I'd work like a bastard to improve and get reactions from the crowds, hell if I spent my entire career in Japan or made it to a big promotion as a tag team for my entire career I'd be happy.

The thing is though if I ever did make it I'd want to make it to the next teir as it were, if I became a mid-carder I'd work to become a main-eventer, although if I never did make it to that kind of level I think I could retire happy knowing I gave it my best shot.

I would be more than happy.

Sure everyone dreams of being that company's World Champion, but because I'm only small, I wouldn't be expecting anything big, maybe a tag team championship or if it was still around, cruiserweight championship or if I was in TNA, possibly the X Division Championship if I was lucky enough but just to be able to say "I am getting paid to do what I like" would make me happy.

Hell, I'd be happy if all I was, was the general manager and never even wrestled a match or a backstage interviewer, just to have people know who I am and either like me or hate me would make me happy.

To get paid for it would be a bonus.

Everybody aims to be a world champion. Everybody wants to be a world champion. But if I was a wrestler, I would be happy if I was even employed. It means I would get to live out my dream, and not many people can actually say that. If you got to main event, it was a bonus, but if you are a part of one of the big two promotions, you would be happy no matter what. And you get paid for doing what you love.

I think Disco's realistic in his viewpoint on his drawing capacity and I genuinely respect that. I mean out of the guys who make up the WWE roster, most will never even dream of getting close to holding the big gold.

Honestly, if I were able to get into a ring and do something that I enjoyed and get paid a decent amount for doing it, then I'd happily take it. Drawing failure or not, people know who he is, despite his lack of any real success in main event level. I'm sure the likes of Charlie Haas, Val Venis and co are happy with their lot in life...ok others may have grander aspirations (Carlito), but the majority are just happy to be their I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back