If you wanted Big E to have a longer title run I AM AFRAID I HAVE SOME BAD NEWS!!!!

Robert Roode Fan

Occasional Pre-Show
Wade Barret, BAD NEWS BARRET is IC CHAMPION Thank you wwe, you give bryan at least a one month run and give Kane a world title shot(I am going for kane), and now I AM AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!!! This guy is legit to me and always has been was pissed when he got depushed the guy is awesome.

I've always been a huge fan of Barrett. I didn't know what to make of the whole Bad New gimmick at first but I really like it now and he pulls it off so well.

I'm not excited about this and am surprised/curious about why other people are. I feel like it'll be the same as always, new IC Champ yay book him strong for a few weeks then let's forget about him until sme other guy gets hot then we repeat. I was excited about Axel and Big E. I was let down both times so i wont get excited this time until I'm shown it will be different.

First of all, this was a match I fast forwarded. I watched the divas title match, but not this one. Talk about a snooze fest. Bad News Barrett is already stale in my opinion. But it doesn't natter anyway, since the belt is just used to give it to the currently most popular midcarder.

I agree with ^^^^ Laodaron or is it Iaodaron ? The IC title has no importance, the US title has no importance, for a time the World heavyweight championship had no relevance. First, I was never really a fan of Barrett, I find nothing spectacular about him. He has size, ok but not great in the ring, and while it wasn't a big deal to a lot of people, the fact is his finishers always look like crap. It's the move itself and how he applies it. They all look sloppily done. I hated wasteland, can't stand the bullhammer (if that's what you call it). I find his whole character just boring. I never see what people are so excited about.

Big E wasn't great but he was ok, he just had nothing to work with. No performer in the division who could help create a rivalry worth paying attention to in terms of ring work or entertainment value (on the mike or otherwise).

For the sake of Barrett and the midcard division, I hope WWE does a better job of bringing entertainment value to the IC and US title picture.

The Intercontinental Championship is at such a state right now that it is only of value to the mid-carders and the under-carders. Anyone slightly above the mid-card level is above the IC title, and it will only hold the wrestler back down into the mid card. So yes, Bad News Barrett was the best candidate- he is the most popular and over mid-carder, and it doesn't seem like he will rise from that level at least in the next few years.

For the sake of Barrett and the midcard division, I hope WWE does a better job of bringing entertainment value to the IC and US title picture..

Absolutely agree here.

There's no point in having these titles around if they don't serve a good purpose. Seeing a bunch of mid carders wear it around their waist just for the hell of it is really stupid. Every title in the WWE deserves its value, respect and legacy taken care of. This is Big E's first time losing the title. There shouldn't be any new challengers just yet. Big E deserves a rematch just like any other champion that loses his title for the 1st time. There needs to be a good feud between these 2 gentlemen.

Especially with PAYBACK PPV around the corner and all ...

What I would love to see happen tomorrow night on Raw is for Wade to go to the ring. Express his happiness and talk about his victory. Big E should interrupt him, go to the ring and cut a promo on Wade. Warning him about having a rematch clause. May the feud begin from that point forward ... And let's see if "Creative" are going to give a damn about making such a scenario happen.

Hopefully Barrett will hold the title for awhile and bring some prestige back to it. I'm hoping that they'll have another tournament for Ambrose's title like they did for the IC. I know there's no brand extension, but what would you think if the IC was strictly Raw and the US was strictly Smackdown? Would that make a difference? Or somehow make the belts 'network only,' kind of like how there used to be a TV title.

Barrett is once again the IC Champ. He got one of the biggest pops of his career last night, and scored a clean win over Big E.

What's important to me is where they go from here. Is Barrett going to start losing steam again? Creative needs to find a way to keep Barrett interesting while he's champ.

I say have him make disparaging remarks about his opponents every single time he wrestles, much like he did with Big E. He sounds very natural doing it, and it gets the crowd more engaged. I do wish he would keep saying "Can I have some decorum please?" but that's more of a heel line.

I've got some bad news for you: have you seen what happens to mid card title holders pushes when they finally get the belt? Yeah...

As much as whoever around here loves Barrett, it's more likely you begin to see him job to contenders after about a month or two of holding that belt. It's exactly what they did to Big E and every belt holder before him. You may think Barrett's entertaining enough to stop that trend. Not likely.

Bad News Barrett is the best thing that could happen to the IC title.. I know this is is fourth run with the belt,but the man is entertaining.. This gimmick kicks ass,its entertaining and Barrett keeps it fresh..

It wasnt that Big E was a bad champion,because he wasn't. He was good as champion but Bad News is just that: Bad News. We all know that the IC title is in flux but with someone like Barrett,he could bring legitimacy back to the title..

I know of champions past the IC really hasn't helped them. Quite the opposite really,but Bad News is someone who could help the IC title,be the true No2 title in the company. Way too much history behind the title

People who think Barrett is doomed by holding the Intercontinental Title should have some hope, and this is why:

Barrett has been on RAW every week since his return to the ring. He is constantly given the mic, and has been spotlighted greatly, even at the Hall of Fame ceremony. When's the last time Big E got the mic? Would it have been the first? I wouldn't buy into this whole idea Barrett is doomed, he will get his spotlight.

Now, as far as title defenses, why not? He had a nice 10 minute match with Big E, with a cool finish and great crowd response. Did Big E ever get these kind of reactions? I was at Survivor Series for Big E vs. Axel, to say the crowd was snoozing was an understatement, in fact, they were the whole show... but that's a complete other story.

Barrett seems like he's gonna be given the green light with this gimmick and now it is up to him to make it work. If he disappears off of WWE TV and is relegated to Superstars and Main Event, then it is time to start complaining about higher-ups and how they view their lower-tier (and apparently second-tier) championship.

I've got some bad news for you: have you seen what happens to mid card title holders pushes when they finally get the belt? Yeah...

As much as whoever around here loves Barrett, it's more likely you begin to see him job to contenders after about a month or two of holding that belt. It's exactly what they did to Big E and every belt holder before him. You may think Barrett's entertaining enough to stop that trend. Not likely.

Last thing I want to see him do is job to Bryan again like he did last summer. Why can't Barrett just get put in meaningful feuds like a champion vs. champion feud vs. Sheamus

As expected. "Creative" are doing nothing to help Wade & Big E at least have a go at each other. They had a Rematch but prior to that there wasn't any promos cut against each other. No segment between them or anything. Just the rematch and that's it. Wade's run with the title isn't going to mean anything. The only thing fans will remember him for is his I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS gimmick. Not for the meaningful feuds he suppose to have. Not for the great moments.

Not for anything that suppose to make him a memorable superstar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back