• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you had a time machine...

Richard

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Where would you go to and during what time would it be and why?

I'd like to go to Egypt during the 18th Dynasty to see Akhenaten (A Pharaoh) try to deface and get rid of all images of Amun-Re and change Egypt.

I love the idea of the romanticized 1800's in western Europe, although I don't think I'd last long in that era. I'd go for a day, just so I could dress up all pretty and go to a ball or something. That reminds me: I wouldn't be a peasant, I'd have to be a member of one of the rich families, otherwise it'd be no fun.
Now, if my time machine broke and I was stuck there, I'd probably just kill myself before my husband beat me to death for being outspoken or I got sick and had no modern medicine to get better.
I might have made a good hippie activist, so maybe I'd go for a visit to the 60's and hang out with a young Bob Ross. Go protest something. Call it a day.

I can't believe no-one has said this.

I'd go to the future. Find out a load of stuff that happens then, and get there before they do. Then I'm rich.

Soon, hover cars for everyone!

^But what if you go too far ahead, and the world is decimated and humans have moved to another planet to escape the Ant People? :p

I'd go back to the day when Jerry, Jeff & whoever else thought up T.N.A... and kick them in the nuts. Then I'd fast forward to the day that they felt bringing in second rate mid-card W.W.E. talent would be better than pushing their own.. and kick them even harder.

^But what if you go too far ahead, and the world is decimated and humans have moved to another planet to escape the Ant People? :p

The Time Machine! Kicked fucking ass! Granted they weren't "ant people" but still.

time_machine_verdvd.jpg

This movie on the other hand.. fucked up.

the_fountain-poster.jpg

I would probably go back to France in 1789 to experience what was, when romanticized, the greatest historical period in Western Civilization since the beginning of the Common Era.

Personally, I'd go back in time and stop my sister from ever meeting her BF.

Historcally, I'd go back in time and chain myself to the White House fence along with Alice Paul. :p

Flames Out
Dragon

I go back in time to Ancient Rome to be a Gladiator, I just think that would be cool and scary at the same time. Plus ancient women liked Gladiators. lol.

I'd also go back to the Battle of Waterloo and warn Michel Ney that charging at the British without infantry support would be a bad idea. (look it up folks)

Unquestionably I'd want to kick back to approximately 30 BC and talk Jesus personally, find out what he was really all about.

Alternatively, take the Back to the Future route and get a sport almanac from 50 years from now, then make millions on bets.

Unquestionably I'd want to kick back to approximately 30 BC and talk Jesus personally, find out what he was really all about.

Alternatively, take the Back to the Future route and get a sport almanac from 50 years from now, then make billions on bets.

^
way to aim for the middle

^
way to aim for the middle

I think it would be hard to rack up billions on bets though.

I mean, you would have to bet millions in the first place, and then that would give it all away, that you knew something. It's okay if you win all the time, but you'd have to bet conservatively and then factor in odds and all that, it could take a long time to get a whole billion off betting, even if I knew all the results.

I think it would be hard to rack up billions on bets though.

I mean, you would have to bet millions in the first place, and then that would give it all away, that you knew something. It's okay if you win all the time, but you'd have to bet conservatively and then factor in odds and all that, it could take a long time to get a whole billion off betting, even if I knew all the results.

Give my a grain of rice. Every day after that give my twice the amount you gave my on the previous day. 64 days later(earlier even) and I'm putting the rice buisness out of business. Just act a 'fool making large bets and somebody will expect you to lose. Of course there is the possiblity that you will lose do you your tampering with the timeline. I think it'd be better to look for what businesses thrived during those years and other info like that.

Give my a grain of rice. Every day after that give my twice the amount you gave my on the previous day. 64 days later(earlier even) and I'm putting the rice buisness out of business. Just act a 'fool making large bets and somebody will expect you to lose. Of course there is the possiblity that you will lose do you your tampering with the timeline. I think it'd be better to look for what businesses thrived during those years and other info like that.

But then I wouldn't be living out my insane BTTF dreams.

I would go back to when the forums was made so I can change the now admins to 48.7 CCS and ME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back