If there ever was a time to turn Cena..(Hogan career parallel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sWo

Dark Match Jobber
If ever there was a time for Cena to turn heel, now would definitely be it. The man has been on top for the past 7 years. He is constantly in the main event/title hunt. He's beaten everyone there is to beat. He hasn't been a heel since 2003. 8 years without a turn in this era is an eternity. The man overcomes the odds..time and time again. The man is a role model for children everywhere. Hustle, loyalty and respect. Booed as well as cheered for more or less the last 5 years.

Parallel track: Hulk Hogan began his WWF career as a heel, feuding with Andre the Giant back in 1980. Left and came back in 83-84. Turns face. Wins the title and holds it for 4 years. Is in the main event pretty much non-stop from 84-93. Picks up the title and drops it several times in that time. Role model for kids. Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, etc etc. Jumps ship to WCW, still being a mega face...but now, being booed as well as cheered.

Now...we all know what happens in '96. The infamous Hogan heel turn with the creation of the N.W.O. With Hall and Nash. Fast forward that thought to 2011. Nash returns to the WWE under seemingly random circumstances after Punk defeats Cena for the title. Lays out Punk. Does not touch Cena.

And thus began the "conspiracy". And why is this THE time to turn Cena? How does this fit in with the potential Cena heel turn? Simple.

We have Kevin Nash, already a part of the biggest heel turn in history to date. We have the "hero" who's being booed constantly, and at this point, is no longer the number 1 seller, no longer the champion, and is facing perhaps the biggest babyface in the Rock at WM 28. We have a mystery as to who is involved in the conspiracy (mystery of the 3rd man in 96).

All the things that made the Hogan turn absolutely perfect in 96, have come around again in 2011, for a man that has more or less, the exact same career, in Cena.

Yes, there's some inconsistencies (Why would Cena get himself locked out of HIAC..etc etc), but in all things..nothing's perfect. That being said..

Is this the right time for the turn? If not now..why not? Does Cena's career need to further parallel Hogan's at this point? IF this is the direction the WWE goes with the whole conspiracy thing...can they pull this off in a way that would make this as good as the Hogan turn?

hogan won the male's over that's why he was such a great bad guy but it will take a mirricle for cena to win the men over, every day they hate him more and more

well Cena technically didn't lock himself out he just kinda got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time with Ricardo. Him getting beat up by Miz and Truth is also kind of a problem BUT we have seen Punk let his guys beat him up for the "greater good".

He could be someone who just joins them cause he hates getting beat up and hates that the show has been all about CM Punk since Vince left and even as champ didn't main event a PPV designed for champions only.

They can make this work as long as they acknowledge that he wasn't part of it all along and joined them sorta midway through

I dont think that CENA could pull off being a HEEL after all the controversy he has built up over the years.... He certainly cant get as over as HollyWood Hogan was as a HEEL back at the begining of NWO.... playing his Title like a Guitar was a personal fave of mine.

Honestly I wanna see Cena change his gimmick for a while and become HEEL but at the same time I really really cant see a good way of making it happen without the risk of him dropping into the mid card or lower in a short matter of months.
I think Cena will be Face forever...Changing his Shirt colour every year for more MerchSales and being the tough guy... Cena is Face until his merch sales drop so far that a gimmick change can be worth the risk....Cm punk may have overtaken him as the Top seller...but that doesnt really mean that Cena isnt still selling his Trash T-shirts and Armbands.

Really though if Cena turned HEEL for a year or so and developed heat before a dramatic return as BRIGHT COLOUR Cena for a massive pop, it would do him the world of good.... not that he needs it though.

They have a good opening for a heel turn. Cena can join the johnny ace faction as their corporate champ and top heel in the company. Punk would be the main face taking him down. Cena already acts like a bully all the time, he just needs to crank his asshole dial to 11.

I'll tell you what the biggest problem with turning Cena heel would be. The IWC. They'd fall in love with Cena and forget all about Punk. OR They'd still bitch about Cena, because they can't admit no matter what, they just like to bitch about everything.

If Cena doesn't turn at Survivor Series, I don't think he ever will. There's a great chance for him to turn on the WWE team and unite with the heel faction.

I think if they do pull the trigger, it'd have to be in the exact same manner as Hogan's. Say Cena gives the AA to Rock and lets the anti-WWE team win. If he doesn't cut a promo right then and there ripping on the fans, WWE, HHH, etc. and rejoicing with the "conspirators," I think the opportunity is blown. I think a lot of people would misinterpret it as a setup for WM 28 instead of a full-blown heel turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back