• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If the Draft were tomorrow???

If draft were tomorrow who would be your #1 pick?

• Seth Rollins

• Brock Lesnar

• John Cena

• Kevin Owens

• Dean Ambrose

• Bray Wyatt

• Cesaro

• Roman Reigns

• Dolph Ziggler

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I done something similar to this with the Divas and it went great, so...if Raw and Smackdown both had clean rosters, nobody on them. And you were the GM of Raw, who would you take 1st overall out of anybody on the Roster?? Vote up there for it. If it's other just say who...

But as a second part you can write here. If you were the GM of Smackdown and could choose (2nd overall behind Raw) who would you pick??

Mine I chose Seth Rollins 1st overall, as Raw GM. He's the total complete package. Promos, athletic, strong, can wrestle, popular. He's a heel but a popular heel.

Behind Rollins, As GM of Smackdown I would choose Brock Lesnar. He's the Beast,msimple. He has Heyman. Popular in ring and outside. Nobody stronger or more aggressive.

So how about you all??

Well, if you want to look like a GM with a brain cell or two, the answer is Brock Lesnar. If brand extension was still a thing, you would look like a damn fool not to pick the best thing in all of modern WWE.

Not to simply inverse your own choices, Rollins would make a great 2nd pick. While he has continued to raise his own stock, he is still a "rookie", comparatively speaking. He has a s#!tload of upside for a GM to ignore.

Speaking in kayfabe terms, of course.

Well, Brock Lesnar is probably the choice most would pick, though the obvious drawback is that he only pops up about ever 3 or 4 months and wrestles only a small handful of times a year. Couldn't blame anyone really for going with Lesnar but if you want to look at the future in long term perspectives, Lesnar's probably not the best choice.

From a purely kayfabe perspective, it makes all the sense in the world to go after Seth Rollins as your #1 draft pick. For well over a year, Rollins has been billed & booked as "the future of WWE", he's the first to cash in MITB at WrestleMania, he's the WWE World Heavyweight Champion & has been for the past 5.5 months, he's also the current WWE United States Champion, the first to hold both titles simultaneously, etc.

I voted Roman Reigns, has the talent and desperately needs the booking to let him shine, so I would draft him first, book him well and build the future around him.

Smackdown desperately needs star power so I would draft Cena as he will draw a decent audience and be a good challenger.

PS
If Lesnar could appear on 26 out of the 52 Raws in the year and every PPV it would be him but about 10 shows a year and 4 matches just isn't enough to be the number 1 guy

I'm picking Reigns. You need a top face before you can have a top heel. My second pick would be Rollins or Ambrose as my top heel. But Im picking Reigns first because he's the most popular babyface the WWE has got. I'm not wasting my first pick on a part-timer or any legend period. So I'm not picking Lesnar,Cena .Taker,Rock,Sting,HHH,Kane,Show,or Orton.

Rollins is champ so he's on both with all the other champions.

RAW 1st pick = John Cena. Face of the company on the flagship show

SD 1st pick = Roman Reigns. Easy to protect him on a taped show. Canned audience when needed will program people at home to cheer him and then once the live audience gets more consistently positive you can put the belt on him.

I'd go back to the way the Brand Extension worked best. Separate rosters, champions, and brand-exclusive PPV events. Keep them completely separate except for the Big Four. I'd have RAW again as the "entertainment show" and SmackDown as the "wrestling show".

First, the part-time wrestlers (including special appearance guys like Stone Cold and The Rock) would be signed to brand-exclusive contracts before the actual draft. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, and Sting would make their rare appearances on RAW. The Rock, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, and The Undertaker would make theirs on SmackDown.

The drafts itself, I'd do it in a modified 2002 style, with each GM getting ten televised picks, and the rest occurring after RAW on the WWE Network, with the only difference being that tag teams would be drafted together.

RAW draft picks (televised):

1- John Cena
2- Seth Rollins
3- Roman Reigns
4- Bray Wyatt
5- Kevin Owens
6- The New Day
7- Sheamus
8- Bad News Barrett
9- Ryback
10- Team PCB

SmackDown draft picks (televised):

1- Daniel Bryan
2- Randy Orton
3- Dean Ambrose
4- Dolph Ziggler
5- The Big Show
6- The Dudley Boyz
7- The Miz
8- Cesaro
9- Rusev
10- Team Bella

Everyone else gets divided up on the WWE Network drafts after RAW. Go back to separate championships, brand-exclusive PPV events, and everything else will fall into place.

Raw 1st pick:-
I'd pick Cena, biggest name in the company no matter how much anyone hates it, at the end of the day, it's about ratings.

Smackdown 1st pick:-
I'd pick Reigns, let the guy develop on a taped show, he's not great on the mic and isn't at the stage of carrying a 20min match.

If the WWE Draft is tomorrow...

With the first pick of the 2015 WWE Draft, Raw selects the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and the United States Champion, Seth Rollins!!

With the second pick of the 2015 WWE Draft, Smackdown selects the Intercontinental Champion, Ryback!!

Now, if the current roster was split up between Raw and Smackdown, and the only SuperStars eligible for the WWE Draft are those in NXT...

With the first pick of the 2015 WWE Draft, Raw selects the NXT Champion, Finn Balor!!

Rollins and it's not even close.
You could take Brock or Cena and win out for the next 3-5 years.
Or you could take Rollins and watch as his earnings sky rocket over the next 12-15.

Rollins and it's not even close.
You could take Brock or Cena and win out for the next 3-5 years.
Or you could take Rollins and watch as his earnings sky rocket over the next 12-15.

Seth Rollins' personal earnings are not the same as ratings. I'm still not convinced Rollins is permanent main event material. Rollins is good, but there's so many guys in WWE today that are better.

I'd go back to the way the Brand Extension worked best. Separate rosters, champions, and brand-exclusive PPV events. Keep them completely separate except for the Big Four. I'd have RAW again as the "entertainment show" and SmackDown as the "wrestling show".

First, the part-time wrestlers (including special appearance guys like Stone Cold and The Rock) would be signed to brand-exclusive contracts before the actual draft. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, and Sting would make their rare appearances on RAW. The Rock, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, and The Undertaker would make theirs on SmackDown.

The drafts itself, I'd do it in a modified 2002 style, with each GM getting ten televised picks, and the rest occurring after RAW on the WWE Network, with the only difference being that tag teams would be drafted together.

RAW draft picks (televised):

1- John Cena
2- Seth Rollins
3- Roman Reigns
4- Bray Wyatt
5- Kevin Owens
6- The New Day
7- Sheamus
8- Bad News Barrett
9- Ryback
10- Team PCB

SmackDown draft picks (televised):

1- Daniel Bryan
2- Randy Orton
3- Dean Ambrose
4- Dolph Ziggler
5- The Big Show
6- The Dudley Boyz
7- The Miz
8- Cesaro
9- Rusev
10- Team Bella

Everyone else gets divided up on the WWE Network drafts after RAW. Go back to separate championships, brand-exclusive PPV events, and everything else will fall into place.

Given his current injury and possibly career ending, you would still take Bryan as the SD 1st overall for them??

Given his current injury and possibly career ending, you would still take Bryan as the SD 1st overall for them??

Absolutely. In the original draft, they knew The Rock was leaving soon and would be around only very rarely from then on. #1 Draft Pick? The Rock. Daniel Bryan draws money, it's that simple. With John Cena on RAW, Daniel Bryan would be on SmackDown to keep the two top-drawing guys separate.

Well, Brock Lesnar is probably the choice most would pick, though the obvious drawback is that he only pops up about ever 3 or 4 months and wrestles only a small handful of times a year.

Yes, that's the reason to not pick Brock, despite his overall impact on the product when he's around. Due to contractual restraints, he'll always be a mercenary.....and a roster can't be built around that. Plus, one thing WWE hasn't had to deal with is a Brock injury; when that (inevitably) happens, would you want your top pick to not be available to perform even on the few occasions he was scheduled?

For different reasons, I don't believe John Cena would be a good choice either, in spite of his overwhelming influence on this form of sports entertainment and his ability to draw. When drafting a roster for the future, management has to consider how long the performer will be around, and Cena's age works against his being the top pick.

I'd choose either Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns due to their youth, their look and how much interest they've already brought to the company. I like Roman's look and potential a bit more but feel Seth is more of a sure thing; he's in great condition without being musclebound, he works the mic like a 20 year veteran, he makes his ring repertoire exciting while not taking foolish chances with his body.......and his polish at such a young age makes him a guy worth building the future on.

Seth Rollins is the easy choice here for he'll be around for the next
10 years. All 3 of the Shield members should be the top 3 picks
along with Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens and perhaps Rusev for all of
these guys are around 30

I went Cena simply because he's still the face of the company right now.

However Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are both very valid choices. Seth can work the crowd and stay heel if he wants to. Even if he gets some cheers when he feuds with someone like Cena, by the end of the segment he's getting more cheers than boos most places.

He's going to give you a good match with anyone.

Roman is popular right now. Probably one of the more popular guys on the roster. He has enough time still to become "the guy". He'd be a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back