If Rollins misses Wrestlemania 33, who faces HHH?

rko57

The Icon
The title is pretty straightforward: Who should face HHH at WM33 if Seth Rollins is out longer than the rumor is of 8 weeks right now? I know there was a report that Shane McMahon is being considered, but I doubt that happens because it sounds like we're gonna get Shane/AJ at WM33 :/

The other factor for a HHH match now is Samoa Joe. Taking that into consideration, I actually would have a tag match at WM33 with it being Triple H and Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn and Finn Balor.

They would really need to play up the NXT thing here, but they kind of already are with the Creator and the Destroyer combo. Simply have Sami Zayn interrupt Triple H this week on RAW saying that what Joe did to Seth Rollins wasn't right. That he didn't like taking advantage of Triple H's music to get into the Rumble, and that Seth Rollins deserves better than this. Here comes Samoa Joe, taking out Sami Zayn. But as we saw with Braun Strowman, Sami Zayn simply doesn't back down.

After a couple of weeks of Zayn continuing to disrupt HHH/Joe, they really start to beat him down only for Finn Balor to return and save Sami Zayn. Finn Balor can say he was the face of NXT as was Sami Zayn before him. You can go from there leading up to WM33 for the tag match of Balor&Zayn vs. HHH&Joe.

Let's face it, Sami Zayn probably didn't have a big spot on the card this year despite being in the upper mid-card, and Finn Balor is probably in limbo if he can return with Goldberg/Lesnar possibly being for the Universal Title. This gets both guys on the show in a meaningful match. It doesn't mean they have to win, but it could be a storyline that writes itself.

What do you think of this potential storyline? If not this scenario, who else should Triple H face at WM33? Regardless of who you might pick, just consider the Samoa Joe factor.

I like it, but I have doubts about WrestleMania investing any build to a Sami Zayn match, this year. Stranger things have happened in wake of an injury, though.

More and more I'm favoring a tag match between Joe/HHH vs AJ/Shane. It keeps the McMahon family isolated to one match, while pairing up Styles with Shane as they seem intent on doing. This also offers the small possibility of integrating Rollins in the match at the last minute. Shane could replace himself if Rollins was healthy enough.

The tag match is as good a match as any we can expect with Triple H involved, I guess. I'm not wild on having The Game at Mania at all if the match doesn't make a lot of sense. Given that Triple H and Seth Rollins have been building this for years, the only logical opponent for Triple H is The Architect.

But the WWE is a product that can change over the course of a short period of time. The advantage of that is that they can make anything look as though it was planned ages ago and, what's more, make it seem interesting enough to make it worthwhile. There's tonnes of routes the WWE can take with Triple H and Joe if Rollins is going to make the show. The latest talk is of The Game going against Shane McMahon and AJ getting Joe at Mania instead. It's not perfect but it proves my point - anything can happen in the WWE.

The tag match would be fine, I guess. But it rather they didn't do anything for at all if not Rollins.

Shane McMahon. They seem adamant on having both guys on the card anyway and I'd much rather see Shane and HHH in one main event match than split up in two. I'm not crazy about AJ/Shane because Shane is likely to drastically drag down the quality of that bout and right now it really makes little sense to put the two together. In HHH's case, all they would have to do is bring Shane to Raw for some reason, cut a promo in which HHH interrupts him, and find a reason for them to fight. History will do the rest. If it isn't Rollins, Shane McMahon is the best option available in my opinion. Also, I really hope it isn't Joe because there's absolutely no chance of him beating HHH at Mania. It won't happen.

Where that leaves Styles, who knows, but I'm sure they'd find something good for him.

Insert him in the Lesnar/Goldberg match. That match needs some workrate and HHH is a guy who can carry both of those lugs to something resembling a three quarter assed effort. It also gives him instant heat with the smarks who see him booking himself in the main attraction.

Or just keep him off the card. He's been beat so much lately when he actually wrestles he doesn't feel like he has much of a point unless he's going for a belt or in a very personal feud.

You know what, add Cena, Reigns, and UT to the three way I mentioned in the first paragraph. Or AJ instead of Reigns to guarantee that the match is entertaining. UT looks like he needs at least two guys to carry him.

Yeah, WWE should do a megamatch. Or not. This Mania just feels like the one where the legends are just too much in the way to me and they don't have the gas to do it. I know I'm late to this conclusion but I'm here now and kind of done with these guys mostly just showing up. So just throw a bunch of legends in one match so the rest of the night isn't such a chore.

Yeah, unfortunately it's going to be Shane. But if it means AJ Styles won't be wasted in a match against McMahon, then I'm all for it. But I don't know why you'd waste one of the biggest Mania attractions like Triple H in a match against Shane either. I guess it wasn't enough that they booked Taker vs Shane last year and expected us to all take it seriously, now they want us to all think Shane can match up with Hunter too. If Shane has to be on the card at all, I'd put him against someone like Ziggler. At least that one would make sense. Ziggler's in a new heel role and a disgruntled Smackdown employee. Let him turn all his frustrations towards Shane O' Mac and blame him for how his family has always held him down.

The guys on CSR were saying if Rollins is out for Mania, then you have Triple H turn on Samoa Joe and set the 2 of them up for a match. I totally disagree because Joe works as a heel much better than a face. And you don't turn Triple H face either because you still have a score to be settled between he and Rollins at Summerslam. Whether Rollins can go or not, Samoa Joe should take on Finn Balor.

So how would I book The Game? I'd go with Kurt Angle. It sounds like Angle has at least one more match in him, so what better time than WrestleMania, the night after his HOF induction? I don't know exactly the best way to set it up, maybe Hunter says Angle wasn't on his ballot and he was always a B+ player in the attitude era, one step below the likes of Austin, The Rock, and himself. I'd prefer one on one, but I'd also be ok with a tag match of Angle & Balor vs Triple H & Samoa Joe.

I don't know how they would do it considering he's a Smackdown star and there isn't any prior history, but AJ Styles vs HHH would be pretty awesome. Most of the crowd loves AJ anyways and he's probably due for a face turn, but this could be the darkhorse match of Wrestlemania. AJ doesn't have a clear cut feud right now, so somehow they could make it happen.

wrestler36: "But I don't know why you'd waste one of the biggest Mania attractions like Triple H in a match against Shane either." The exact same could be said for Sting at WrestleMania 31.

I got a few options.

Reigns again- Don't forget Triple H also cost Reigns the title way back when in that same match he turned on Rollins, so the story is there for Reigns to seek revenge against Triple H at WM. It was also get Reigns away from a match with Taker, freeing Taker up to face someone people are actually interested to see against like Cena, Styles, or even Joe.

Shane- It shouldn't be hard to come up with a feud here, & it would get Shane away from that rumored match between him & AJ, which would then free AJ up for, hopefully, something better. I also feel Triple H would be more Shane's speed.

Kurt Angle- People want to see him wrestle in WWE again, he's going in the HoF so he'll be in Orlando WM weekend already, & there is history between these guys. Why not have Kurt comeback & challenge Triple H while Seth is out, hell you could have him come out & take Seth's place at Fastlane too & have him face Joe one more time while we're at it. Throwing Kurt out there would allow them to not have to adjust the rest of the plans for the card all that much either.

Storyline wise Triple H called himself the creator of NXT and its talents.

Obviously the big faces of NXT like Zayn and Balor can't accept that. However there's no chance and hell Balor and Zayn would go over the Game at Wrestlemania, simply because they're not at that level yet. But I think the exposure would be enough for them.

Shane vs HHH simply has no value if there's no big stipulation behind it, like control of the company or control of Smackdown. Any Shane McMahon has no value without a stipulation behind it.

Fantasy booking: I'd love to see an angle where Triple H is assembling an "army" of NXT superstars to take back Smackdown from Shane O'Mac. You either are with the Game or against him.

I would like to think a returning Finn Balor. Seeing how he should be back in time for Mania and I doubt he'll be in the title picture right away, but I think Balor is te next best thing.

Shane McMahon would be another guess, because it could be like inter-promotional brand match. I don't think one will be scheduled on the card and I think they should have a least one.

All depends.

If WWE are adament on going through with Styles/Shane McMahon and Finn Balor is healthy, I'd go Balor, to defend Rollins. I realise that's a hell of a lot of IFs.

You could do a major rewrite of the card.

Cena/Undertaker (just give it to us WWE).
Triple H/Finn Balor
Reigns/Joe
Miz/McMahon

If he were available....THE ROCK!

The Rock and Triple H have a storied rivalry, and have fought many matches together. They have history.

They seemed to tease this at times in the last couple of years. One, an episode of "RAW" or "Smackdown" (I can't remember) where the Rock showed up for the night. He and Triple H crossed paths, and then tried to one-up each other about which of them were better, by running down matches where one beat the other.

Also, I heard that the point of the Triple H & Steph v The Rock & Ronda Rousey segment at WM31, was to start the ball rolling on possible Rock v Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon v Ronda Rousey matches at Wrestlemania the next year. Neither happened, but it was contemplated.

I know that the Rock doesn't do matches at WM anymore, because Michael Bay gets upset, but if the Rock was available and fit to go, a match between him and Triple H would be very interesting.

(I know we have seen them fight countless times before, but never one-on-one at Wrestlemania, and they haven't fought for years. It could be like a "Last Time Ever" Match, where the winner gets bragging rights, once and for all).

I'm of the belief that if a part timer has to be on the card, I'd prefer them to fight another part timer. Which is why I have no problem with Goldberg/Lesnar. With that said I'd want him to face Shane.

BUT...

I don't know where that would leave AJ, and I worry that if Shane goes on to face Triple H... that might leave AJ without an opponent.

The Rock and Triple H have a storied rivalry, and have fought many matches together. They have history.

They seemed to tease this at times in the last couple of years. One, an episode of "RAW" or "Smackdown" (I can't remember) where the Rock showed up for the night. He and Triple H crossed paths, and then tried to one-up each other about which of them were better, by running down matches where one beat the other.

Also, I heard that the point of the Triple H & Steph v The Rock & Ronda Rousey segment at WM31, was to start the ball rolling on possible Rock v Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon v Ronda Rousey matches at Wrestlemania the next year. Neither happened, but it was contemplated.

I know that the Rock doesn't do matches at WM anymore, because Michael Bay gets upset, but if the Rock was available and fit to go, a match between him and Triple H would be very interesting.

(I know we have seen them fight countless times before, but never one-on-one at Wrestlemania, and they haven't fought for years. It could be like a "Last Time Ever" Match, where the winner gets bragging rights, once and for all).

I doubt we'll see the Rock back wrestling in the WWE. His movie career is much more important to him now and the studios don't want their cash cow dueling it out in a WWE ring. Shame really because he's in great shape and the fans would love a Rock/HHH matchup.

As for Rousey at Mania 31, Dana White had already come out and said that was a one of. I was expecting though to see her last year to continue the story, but she had that loss to Holly Holm and disappeared. Now with her UFC career seemingly over, she could come back and do bits and pieces here and there if she wanted. Her star has fallen somewhat and the WWE should if they are going to use her, do it soon.

Styles is the odd man out here. Does anyone want to see him in a match with Shane McMahon? Why is Shane McMahon on the card to begin with? Stick Shane with HHH. Styles could face off against a returning Balor, they could use the old Bullet Club as a starting point in the next few weeks to get it going. You know have Styles come out on SD and say he was robbed of the title by Cena, and have Balor come out and say Styles took his place just a little too fast after he left NJPW. Or something along those lines. It would be the match of the night for sure cause by the looks of things if we are going with the card they have, the show isn't that great.

I have to agree with you. Even if Rollins weren't hurt, if Rock was available, then Rollins gets dropped out of this match. Unfortunately, no one else could build a quick program with The Rock. Maybe Chris Jericho.

Forgive me for returning to this thread to simply continue beating the dead horse of this tag team match idea(Joe/HHH vs AJ/Rollins), but now I think it might be best to do a tag team match even if Rollins will be healthy in ample time before WrestleMania. Even with ample time, 6 weeks is cutting it close, so if his ring time could be cut for his protection, it's all for the best.

And that got me thinking even further, how do you get this match to really sizzle to a 'Mania-worthy buzz? I would add one more element to this match;
special guest referee Finn Balor.

Why? Well, symmetry, of course! If Finn were the enforcer in this tag match, he's potentially allied with each time, and enemy to each time. He's rivals with both Joe and Rollins, the latter of the two injured him. He's pals with HHH, the man who gave him this job, and of course has ties with Bullet Club proxy AJ Styles. It would be the one extra element that could add all the psychology in the world and turn a blockbuster tag team match into an epic for the ages.

Shane McMahon would be my choice to face Triple H if Rollins is out.

Even make it a tag match.....Triple H/Samoa Joe vs Shane McMahon/Dean Ambrose

I doubt we'll see the Rock back wrestling in the WWE. His movie career is much more important to him now and the studios don't want their cash cow dueling it out in a WWE ring. Shame really because he's in great shape and the fans would love a Rock/HHH matchup.

As for Rousey at Mania 31, Dana White had already come out and said that was a one of. I was expecting though to see her last year to continue the story, but she had that loss to Holly Holm and disappeared. Now with her UFC career seemingly over, she could come back and do bits and pieces here and there if she wanted. Her star has fallen somewhat and the WWE should if they are going to use her, do it soon.

Styles is the odd man out here. Does anyone want to see him in a match with Shane McMahon? Why is Shane McMahon on the card to begin with? Stick Shane with HHH. Styles could face off against a returning Balor, they could use the old Bullet Club as a starting point in the next few weeks to get it going. You know have Styles come out on SD and say he was robbed of the title by Cena, and have Balor come out and say Styles took his place just a little too fast after he left NJPW. Or something along those lines. It would be the match of the night for sure cause by the looks of things if we are going with the card they have, the show isn't that great.

If the Rock isn't doing matches anymore, then I think that he should headline this year's Hall-Of-Fame. WM is in Florida, The Rock's home state, so it would be fitting, and would get a lot of mainstream media (given how famous the Rock is in Hollywood).

I like your idea of Styles and Balor. Get Anderson and Gallows involved in the feud, and have it be that they say that they will get behind the winner of the match, and those three will form the Club, and the loser will be out in the cold. It would depend on whether Balor is even back from injury by the time Wrestlemania comes around.

The Rock...then have Samoa Joe come out. As triple h and Joe are about to attack, AJ Styles music hits. Styles/Rock vs Triple H/Joe. Would steal the show.

I still think that this injury is all a work especially the way seth and joe have been keepimg keyfabe on social medias and continue playing like this angle was continuing. But let's just say that this is real like it's been reported and seth miss wrestlemania. I've got 2 options to replace seth at mania.

1. Samoa joe: o.k. I know that this won't make sense because joe is align with hhh, but here how you could set up this match, play off the injury of seth rollins, have hhh blame joe for injuring rollins and say that he screwed up like he always does in top situation, all he wanted him to do is to soften rollins so that he could take rollins out himself and joe went for business for himself and took him out instead. You build the tension until joe snap and attack HHH.

2. Shane mcmahon: not my favorite option but you could do this in a way that HHH s siding with his wife in this brand war and one to prove that raw is better then smackdown.

I would have HHH face off with Ambrose.

Wrestlemania 33
HHH vs. Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe vs. John Cena

Ambrose defeats HHH due to interference from Rollins

later Ambrose & Rollins come back out during Reigns vs. Taker match. End sees ref down and a triple powerbomb on Taker. Shield Re-Forms and starts working both shows post-mania in an NWO type gimmick where they do whatever they want when they want.

I would have HHH face off with Ambrose.

Wrestlemania 33
HHH vs. Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe vs. John Cena

Ambrose defeats HHH due to interference from Rollins

later Ambrose & Rollins come back out during Reigns vs. Taker match. End sees ref down and a triple powerbomb on Taker. Shield Re-Forms and starts working both shows post-mania in an NWO type gimmick where they do whatever they want when they want.

Now that would be totally cool, just for the moment.

On the long run it sucks, though.

But the fantasy booker in me know that this would turn Shield into mainstream megaheels and they could easily start a feud around Summerslam with the Bullet Club of Styles, Balor and the new signee Kenny Omega.

One can dream though :rasta:

The Rock won't end his in ring career with that match against Cena at 29. There is far too much money to be made in a Rock vs Brock match and WWE knows this. When the stars allign for Rock and WWE that match will be happening. It was unfortunate it didn't happen at WM30 but that was down to injury.

Rousey will end up in WWE. She is finished with MMA and White said so last week. Rousey still has a name out there and while her stock has dropped she still has a huge fanbase and an appearance in WWE is good for business.

Balor vs Triple H is perfect really...so many dream possibilities like Joe himself or I would say The Rock but that isn't going to happen...I would suggest Batista but that isn't going to happen but then there's Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back