• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Ric Flair comes out of retirement.....

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
.....Who should he face ?

I'm going to go with an indy guy. I dont think he should come back to TNA because it would probably end up hurting his legacy. But I think a one year indy tour would do good things for his career. I'd love to see him return and face some of the top independent guys. Wrestlers like Bryan Danielson, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, and Nigel McGuinness. I might would even go as far as putting the Ring of Honor world title on him for a short period of time. For some reason I think if he had a short indy tour it would be magical. A lot of ROH guys are good enough and compliment Ric's style enough to where they could have a great match. The one guy I'd really like to see him wrestle is Roderick Strong From what I've seen of Roderick he's going to be a future big star in the WWE. Roderick can make anyone look good and Flair would need that little bit of help in a match. Ideally I'd like to see Flair put Stong over in the end, but it could really go either way.

So who do you think/want to see him wrestle if he un-retires? please keep it to indy guys, no WWE or TNA.

No one. Period. Flair should stay retired.

However, to indulge the question, Flair should only wrestle tag matches with his kid (Reid). Build up to a match between the two.

As for singles matches, c'mon...Steamboat Jr. is the only viable target.

But seriously...Flair/AmDrag is about the only indy match that would tickle my Flair fancy...no other worker can keep up with him (especially Roderick Strong, who actually has NO chance on making it into the WWE since he's a charisma vaccuum more powerful than Lance Storm and he's a vanilla midget...two strikes already in Vinnie Mac's book).

Agree with Ramsey. Flair's retirement was the best moment I've ever seen and had me in tears. To have another match, be it anywhere from Ogallala, Nebraska to Madison Square Garden would tarnish it so much for me. People would definitely pay to see Flair, and that's what worries me. If he takes one match, why wouldn't he take more matches afterwards? He is retired and he should stay that way. Why mess up what might have been the perfect night?

Flair retired on the biggest stage of them all in a highly publicized and promoted match against arguably the best worker of the last twenty years. He had the red carpet laid out for him by WWE, the headliner of a Hall of Fame class, a seemingly never-ending vignette, and I'm sure...a hefty payday to boot.

In his own eyes, I could see him wanting to make some extra $ (especially if he hasn't been as fiscally responsible as has been reported), but from a purely smark standpoint....why would you tarnish that ending to fight some nobody indy wrestler?

He may come out, he may not. If he needs the money, he may come back for one last run, before his body rightfully betrays him. I think however, the WWE would be a lot more willing to take him if he was willing, then a indy promotion. Said indy promotion would make a lot of money, but would have to be willing to put up a large sum of money in the first place. It would be neat, hypothetically if he did come back, and put on some shows for Ring of Honor, maybe put some of the great indy workers in some great matches, which they could then use in their respected portfolios.

There is only one place that Flair will come out of retirement for, that is Japan. You then look at all the talent there that could benefit from Flair putting them over in some way. However I can only see a couple of the matches in my head and they are both against already very well established Wrestlers both in Japan and the US. They are Masahiro Chono and Keiji Muto. Two different companies but I can see these matches taking place and both of them selling out the Tokyo dome or the other big venue for wrestling, which I can't remember the name of right now.

Japan would make the most sense I suppose. Wrestling is taken more seriously over there and he would get the respect that he deserves. A match against Kobashi or Misawa would be absolutely amazing as either are at Flair's level or high in Japan. While I'd prefer him to never wrestle again, if he has to it would be best suited in the land of the rising sun.

Like many others, I would like to see him do a retirement run over in Japan. He was big in Japan as well back in the day so I think it's only right to give the Japanese a retirement run as well like he did for the WWE. If he did that I'd like him to face; Misawa, Kobashi, Muta and KENTA. I think he could have awesome matches with all of them and of course they've never happened before so I think they would just be great matches to see.

If I had to choose someone for him to face in the states. I'd pick Nigel McGuinness or Bryan Danielson. I think either one of those two matches would be amazing as well. We could have Danielson be a Shawn Michaels type character like how Michaels went into Wrestlemania 24 or we could of course of the traditional heel McGuinness. Either way, would be awesome.

Stay RETIRED Ric. Please. You had one hell of a career that no one can ever take away from you. You had a very memorable WrestleMania moment only to be topped the following night on Raw. I think any fan that watched that got a litle choked up withe all the different guys to come out. Truely was an ultimate send off and when Raw gets to its 20th Anniversary it will surely be on the DVD. To have the whole locker room, a ring full of wrestlers, your family, and the whole area cheering for you like that in my eyes you'd be a moron to come out of retirement.

I got one guy off the top of my head...Triple H.

A man that truely respects Flair and what he has done for the business, and HHH would make sure the match served Flair well. As for a build up, i'm not really sure other than Flair saying he needs one more match, and that he has dreamed about facing The Game...as he said in his HOF speech. I dont think this would be a face vs. heel type match but more about a face vs face and seeing who the better man is. Flair clearly would need help and to be semi carried during the match and HHH has that ability to do that for him.

I don't care what opponent you pick for him, he needs to stay retired. I'm going to have to agree with the masses on this one... He had one of the most stellar retirement ceremonies in WWE history, the likes of which have never been seen before. The only thing that came remotely close to the magnitude of that night, was the Owen Hart tribute show. And he had to die to get that... Ric Flair stepping back into the ring to wrestle is a slap in the face to the many fans that watched in awe that night... The only solution I see happening at Wrestlemania, is Steve Austin stepping in for him and decimating Orton in one last match... It's only fitting... Remember, Austin IS a WWE Legend now... If Orton is after Legends at this point, Austin is the one person that people seem to overlook at every turn. Look for it to happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back