• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If ECW was still around, he would be the Champion?

rko57

The Icon
ECW ended in the middle of February, and we are in mid June, just 4 months later, and I personally miss ECW. Some people hated WWECW just because it wasn't what Paul Heyman's ECW was. But WWECW was a good show, it had good matches almost weekly, the champion of the show whoever it was always ended up being a fighting champion since the show was only an hour and didnt have too many feuds going on at once, and lets face it, Christian was the best ECW Champion since it was reborned, and he made the show exciting.

We all know Christian was more then likely going onto one of the big shows after the 2010 Draft, and even though he hasnt been doing much right now, its only a matter of time until he gets in the World Title feud on Smackdown.

My question is who would be the ECW Champion with Christian gone? Ezekial Jackson got hurt, would William Regal be Champion? Kozlov? Ryder? Would it be someone from another show?

My choice is Cody Rhodes, I think Cody could have been a good choice to move to ECW after Legacy split, and this could have been his chance to proof that he can be a superstar away from Dibiase.

What do ya'll, the peeps of wrestlezone think?

I also enjoyed ECW as well, but I think NXT is working for the most part. Personally the guy who got the short end of the stick in ECW was Zack Ryder. I was really hoping he would get an ECW Championship reign at some point because if anything he should have recieved the Big Silver Belt considering how much momentum he had in ECW. It might work for the better now that he's on RAW and rubbing elbows with The Miz, but ECW was his chance to shine and now I worry he won't get it again on RAW.

I think Shelton would have been a good person for a push. Or Yoshi. Vance Archer. Ryder. There was so much potential in ECW. Any one of those guys could have been the next champ. But WWE decided that putting their guys over was taking too long, and now we have NXT to speed up the process of moving FCW guys into the main shows. I think that was WWE's biggest mistake yet...

Long time reader, first time poster. I think that if ECW were still running at this point, Shelton Benjamin would still be in the WWE. I could see Benjamin being a heel and dominating over the compition on ECW as the Champion. I don't see Christian being on ECW anymore at this point as (IMO) he had served more than enough time in ECW for his TNA stint. I could also see Zac Ryder being the champion. I always imagined him and Curt Hawkins feuding over the title which would make an awesome match because they are both pretty good wrestlers. If ECW was still around then I think they might have added another title to the show like the Hardcore Championship or something. Great for the guys just comming out of the FCW. Kind of a stepping stone to the ECW championship, to perhaps a spot on one of the main shows. But yes, Benjamin would be Champ if ECW were still around.

I like what you said about Cody going to WWECW after breaking up with Legacy... personally, I think Christian may of held the title for abit longer after in a second reign or something and the people that aren't used often enough like Shad and JTG, Matt Hardy etc.. would of gone to WWECW and got the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back