• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Brock Lesnar resigns

NxtBigThing

Occasional Pre-Show
So this past week reports are stating the Brock Lesnar may resign with WWE and not go back to MMA due to past concussions. If this is the case do you think Lesnar will retain the WWE Championship at Wrestle Mania? I personally would love to see Lesnar retain since I've been a fan of his since day 1. I think since he is more of an attraction that it gives the Championship more prestige since the champion isn't always on and with Brock's background it makes the Championship seem more legit. While I think if he does resign and retain that he should be on and defend a bit more regular but def not on every ppv. If you look at boxing or MMA the Heavyweight belt (yes there are different weight classes some of which more well known that the Heavyweights at times) the belt is only defended every 3-6 months. While I know WWE is entertainment I really like the main event feel when Lesnar appears and defends. What do you guys think if Lesnar does resign? Do you think he will retain or do you think he will still drop the title and what feud should he do next? Personally I like to see him retain and then go on to face Orton next. While I was hoping to see Lesnar fight again in the octagon it will be cool to see him face new and different opponents in the WWE.

It'd be great if he re-signed if only to keep the aura of "will he/won't he" retain at Wrestlemania. If he doesn't re-sign, it will be like one half of "Lesnar/Goldberg" all over again. What good is having the match if everyone knows Lesnar is leaving?

If Lesnar re-signs I'm pretty sure he'll retain at Mania and will carry the title until Mania 32 (where he'll lose it) just so he can break Punk's streak.

I don't care if he resigns or not, I just hope he drops the belt at Mania, so we can actually see it defended more than once every 4 months.

Not much point in having a title belt or a champion that is never around, and Lesnar has pretty much proved that fact since last summer. Some love the fact that it adds mystique, I think it's shit, and what is there for other's on the roster to strive for.

I can't see him staying if he isn't the champ though, that's the only reason he's been here this long. Will be very disappointed if that happens.

If he stays, then he should retain. Brock should NEVER lose the title in a 1 vs 1 match. Brock should dominate and demolish everyone on the entire roster. Feed him everyone. Roman, Bryan, Cesaro, Ryback, Shame-us, Ziggler, Rusev, Orton....everyone!

He should hold the title for 3 years straight because I would believe it. I would be okay with it because he can back it up. He is legit.

This is the problem I had with WWE for years. Cena is a 15 time champ?...Then ACT like one. I could not stand Cena holding the title because he was such a wimp all the time, then he pulled off the underdog victory.

At least with Brock he ACTS like a champ. He is the best and he will beat you. I will gladly accept him as champ for years on end if WWE wants. I am behind him. As much as I love Ziggler, Bryan, Seth and Ambrose....Brock is THE MAN. Brock should only lose the title via screw job. Like I am talking like someone shoots him with a traq dart gun and tasers him multiple times.

I hope Brock does and I hope he retains. That would make ending the Streak so much more important in my eyes. Him losing it after such a lackluster reign would be a disappointment. He hasn't been used nearly enough to make it as special as it should be to beat him. He needs to keep the title until WM 32 and everything in this next year should be about grooming a young guy to take him down. Roman, Rollins, whoever it may be but that needs to be their main focus. This leads me to my next point.

If they are going to keep him, they better use him. He needs to defend the title more and take down everything in his way. It will add so much more to whoever does finally beat him. He needs different opponents. Have him destroy Ziggler. Have him destroy crowd favorite Daniel Bryan. Beat Orton, Ryback, Sheamus, all of them. Every face and (and a few heels) on the roster needs to have their ass whipped by Brock Lesnar.

Roman needs to lose to him at Mania. I'm all for adding Bryan IF they don't have the intention of him winning. If they truly want Roman to be the guy, have him lose and re-sign Lesnar. Let Roman build organically through the next year and you'll see if he's ready or not. Let him make a heel turn and slowly connect with the fans. Take the kid gloves off him, let him speak on his own more, and let him grow as a talent. Let him work with more experienced guys so he can learn. Give him solid feuds, heck you can actually let him lose once or twice!

I think if Lesnar does retain that an apperance every 2-3 months would work. Have small tournaments to determine the next number 1 contender and have the finals at the ppvs Lesnar is not on. Figured have Lesnar on the major ppvs (Wrestle Mania, Summer Slam, SS, RR, and MITB to add a possibility of a cash in). I like big fights and with all the programs WWE has there aren't a lot of new and fresh matches. With Lesnar it has that big fight feel and while a lot pay to see him lose I pay to watch to see him destroy someone cause it gives it a more real feeling.

I think if Lesnar does retain that an apperance every 2-3 months would work. Have small tournaments to determine the next number 1 contender and have the finals at the ppvs Lesnar is not on. Figured have Lesnar on the major ppvs (Wrestle Mania, Summer Slam, SS, RR, and MITB to add a possibility of a cash in). I like big fights and with all the programs WWE has there aren't a lot of new and fresh matches. With Lesnar it has that big fight feel and while a lot pay to see him lose I pay to watch to see him destroy someone cause it gives it a more real feeling.

OK, so where does that leave Rollins? If they have Lesnar retain at 'Mania, it either means Rollins has to cash in or we're never going to see him cash in. So, do they just build him up like that only to have him lose his opportunity due to a technicality? Or build him up only to have him lose the match? So then what? Cena/Lesnar 5 and Cena wins it again? So let's say Lesnar does retain and Rollins isn't allowed to cash in, since they want to keep the belt on him. What happens then? No champion until SummerSlam? No title matches? What is there to fight for, then?

OK, so where does that leave Rollins? If they have Lesnar retain at 'Mania, it either means Rollins has to cash in or we're never going to see him cash in. So, do they just build him up like that only to have him lose his opportunity due to a technicality? Or build him up only to have him lose the match? So then what? Cena/Lesnar 5 and Cena wins it again? So let's say Lesnar does retain and Rollins isn't allowed to cash in, since they want to keep the belt on him. What happens then? No champion until SummerSlam? No title matches? What is there to fight for, then?

Yes that's my problem as well. Just might as well give the whole shebang to Lesnar and fold up the tents. It pretty much gets rid of the MITB concept, and why not, we've already seen the Rumble results basically thrown out.

Having a champ that doesn't defend the title isn't a champ. I don't know what he is but he isn't a champion. I can't wait for Dagger to see this thread.

I could see him resigning with WWE. WWE and Brock can make so much more money together if they're on the same place vs. him returning to UFC where he could legitimately get hurt.

They could do a WrestleMania 31 main event rematch at Extreme Rules. He could face The Rock at a future WrestleMania. He could turn face and face Rollins, Rusev, etc. The reaction he got when he destroyed Kane and Show on RAW going into RR, WWE need to take advantage of that.

WWE should use that report as leverage. Lesnar's obviously not above exploiting the WWE and UFC to make as much money as he can so why doesn't WWE do the same thing. They should offer him less than he's making now and tell him to work more dates. If he doesn't want to do that than he can go try his luck in the UFC, which we now know he's a little hesitant about. Who else is going to offer Lesnar the money that WWE is willing to offer?

This is the only way I want to see Lesnar retain. I'm sick of having the WWEWHC sit his ass on the couch for months on end. Boxers may only defend their titles every 3-6 months, but that's because every boxer only has about one fight every 3-6 months... Wrestlers compete 2-4 times a week, and it makes no sense to not have the champ there. If he works 1 week a month and a every PPV, I can live with him retaining.

I don't think it happens though, as there are too many options at this point. I don't see Reigns losing, and I don't see Rollins not being involved somehow. I see one of them walking out that night as champ.

So this past week reports are stating the Brock Lesnar may resign with WWE and not go back to MMA due to past concussions. If this is the case do you think Lesnar will retain the WWE Championship at Wrestle Mania?

That's a tough one to call since all of it involves what WWE Creative has in mind.....and I never would have believed they were going to do what they did with Brock and the world title in the first place. If you told me a year ago that Brock would win the title, yet not be a part of WWE any more than he had been, I would have doubted your information. I figured that having the most important title in WWE defended only 2-3 times a year would never go over with Vince McMahon & company. Shows what I know. :shrug:

So, if Brock decides to stay, having presumably discarded his plans to go back to MMA, he would hopefully commit to more WWE appearances, perhaps allowing for the greater presence of the world title in everyday WWE affairs. That would make things more palatable.

But this topic asks whether he should retain the title at WM31 if he plans to stick around afterward.....and I would say he should lose it; he's been the champion long enough in a reign during which he was essentially invisible. He can always win it back another day; how long between title reigns dependent on how long a contract he signs this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back