IC25 The Oddsmaker - WWE Region

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Well, with all but one of the competitors announced, it's time good ole' IC25 provided all of you with the odds each wrestler has of winning their region in this tournament. I expect this to be by your side as you make your picks.

3-2 Odds
Bret Hart - he's got some momentum coming off the Legends and Tag Tournament wins, and though people may not always love him, he's not a guy who gets loads of smarky internet hatred. He's beaten almost everyone in the tournament already.

2-1 Odds
Kurt Angle - being in TNA right now - and not even the champ there - hurts him a bit, but the man's done more in a decade then some men did in 20 years. If anyone can take out Bret, it's Mr. Angle, and i these two meet in a submission style match, it'd be an Internet Fan's wet dream.

5-1 Odds
The Rock - I really think Triple H's comment at the Hall of Fame last year, "Oh, I'm sorry, are we supposed to call him Dwayne now?" cemented Rock's exit from the wrestling work after a short time. I say short in terms relative to guys lke Hart, Hogan, and Austin - Rock had a terrific run, but it ended in his prime, and I think that hurts him.

The Ultimate Warrior - Surprised? The guy may have been a nut job, but still, he rarely lost, almost never lost clean, and has the power to topple bigger guys. He also has wins over some of the biggest names in history, including Hogan, Andre, and Savage.

8-1 Odds
Randy Orton - the current young stars rarely get love in this tournament format, but there are four men who can overcome that - Orton, Edge, Cena, and Jericho. Orton's been on the tear to end all tears lately, and his reincarnation of the heel abilities of legends like Jake Roberts make him a force in this tournament.

10-1 Odds
Tully Blanchard - Hear me out. The guy has a tough draw with Angle, but Tully's seen a lot of old school love lately, and for years he was about as consistent as they got.

15-1 Odds
Curt Henning - he's got a lot of love, but he's little more than a 3-round Cinderella. I remember getting a lot of support for him last year against The Rock, and just falling short. He could regain that magic this year, but it won't get him past guys like Angle, or especially Hart, who has owned him his entire career.

Mick Foley - match for match he's strong, but as the tournament wears on, Foley's lack of athleticism hurts him. If by some miracle he even makes it far enough, the idea of wrestling tournament style is no friend to Mick. Plus, to win in late regional rounds, he has to depend on luck from the stipulations. I give him 3 rounds - tops.

Harley Race - I' rather him focus ALL of his attention on Vader, but he'll be competing as a man who was the first multi-time NWA Champion, and a guy who carried theNWA for many years with the likes of Flair and Rhodes. He gets a lot of love from people as an all-time great. Just not enough.

A few others...

Antonio Inoki 25-1
Psycho Sid 25-1
Owen Hart 30-1
Arn Anderson 35-1

I don't see Ron Simmons getting any love :( He's going to end up losing early, because his time as Faarooq is nothing like his time with Doom. He's a powerhouse, and he can wrestle. I have him doing well on my brackets. My Final Four for the WWE is actually Hart, Angle, Orton, and Simmons.

Blanchard is another guy I plan to support, but hopefully the fact that he's an old timer doesn't work against him. People immediately forget he was the "other" guy in the Four Horsemen, and he was an original, and was there during their highest point.

I didn't give Sid much love, because Angle is too smart to not focus on the leg, and win it fairly quickly with an Ankle Lock.

Actually, I had Simmons on my "4 to vote 4" list last year, and it got him to round 3. I just don't have the patience to campaign for him this year when I can focus on the SHW's, El Canek, and my other soon to be revealed choice.

Also, NSL, remember this tournament is supposed to look at these wresters in their primes - not right this moment. In his prime, Sid didn't have a busted leg. If you choose to take that into account, that's your choice, but I won't be bringing that into the discussion. I think Sid will get some love in this tourney.

Also, NSL, remember this tournament is supposed to look at these wresters in their primes - not right this moment. In his prime, Sid didn't have a busted leg. If you choose to take that into account, that's your choice, but I won't be bringing that into the discussion. I think Sid will get some love in this tourney.

I thought Sid has broken his leg during his prime. My memory is a little hazy, and these are all things I'll be clearing up before voting opens. I still think Kurt Angle would beat him handily, but it probably won't be the squash I was thinking if his leg hadn't suffered the injury.

And, if you're not going to push Simmons, then I might as well, once the tourney starts. There's a few guys I plan on trying to help by getting their better days recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back