I want to compare CM Punk to Ric Flair

braveh

Pre-Show Stalwart
My point is that they are similar but Ric Flair was always the good guy in the wrestling business.

Great talkers, good workers, wrestling mentality...the whole nine yards.

The difference seems to be that Ric Flair was a guy that always did his best in the ring and when he cut a promo. Even if he didn't like the program he took it seriously and cut a serious grudge style promo.

Punk was too full of himself. When he was told to cut a promo on Del Rio he buried him. Same thing with Miz...it was done once again on his dvd. He wanted to bury Cena too but Cena stood up for himself and played the game.

I'm not sure you would see Ric Flair do that kind of stuff because Flair cared about the product. He wanted the fueds to be good. He didn't want to bury wrestlers in that way.

I always thought Punk's best matches have been gimmick matches like his match against a 70-year old Vince on Raw, his 3-way with Morrison and Miz at Survivor Series (2006 I believe). He is good but not great.

I'll never listen to the hipsters who say he had great matches against Daniel Bryan, if you ever saw a japanese wrestler perform some of those moves you want to take it down a notch when you watch CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's awful imitations again....the Cena match at Money in the bank 2011 was good but will it stand the test of time with the ridicolous number of near falls....

I want to buy a house and start a family with Velvet Sky, but we can't always get what we want. :(

Title should have been "I want to bitch about CM Punk but not be obvious so I'll mention Ric Flair too"

Not everyone is going to cut the same style of promo. If they did that would be boring as fuck.

You think other wrestlers don't make their opponents look bad through promos? That was pretty much the whole Rock/Cena feud. And what about Triple H to Chris Masters when Masters returned and was very noticeably smaller? How about the nwo when Arn Anderson decided to retire and they came out the following week and completely bashed him and mocked him?

Wrestling is all about variety.

My point is that they are similar but Ric Flair was always the good guy in the wrestling business.

Not really similar & how do you figure Flair was always the good guy in wrestling?

Just stop making threads.

I wanted to compare two wrestlers that are vastly different in the attempt to discredit the other too, but I couldn't think of a good thread title.

So how exactly are CM Punk and Ric Flair comparable? Cause I didn't see the explanation anywhere.

Also, Daniel and CM Punk had great matches in 2012. No one gives a damn if they took one move from some obscure Japanese dude.

So how exactly are CM Punk and Ric Flair comparable? Cause I didn't see the explanation anywhere.

Because they speak English during their promos, can work a match & like being wrestlers. So clearly his formula is solid.

Next up in his award winning editorial series: " Why Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder are similar but Stevie Wonder is better because he isnt dead. "

Because they speak English during their promos, can work a match & like being wrestlers. So clearly his formula is solid.

Next up in his award winning editorial series: " Why Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder are similar but Stevie Wonder is better because he isnt dead. "

If the WZT taught me anything, it's that Ray Charles is better, BECAUSE he is dead. It stands to reason that the moment Stevie kicks the bucket, his shares rise.

• Both rose to prominence as heels
  • Borth rose to prominence despite unimpressive physique
  • Both were known as all time great talkers
  • Both were asked to work programs with wrestlers they didn't like
  • Both were asked to play second-fiddle

How is it that in a dark room with a couple of blind guys and a *****...somehow that ***** ends up in the middle of your little backroom hole? Explain that big guy

How is it that in a dark room with a couple of blind guys and a *****...somehow that ***** ends up in the middle of your little backroom hole? Explain that big guy

Uh, oh. A ***** in the butt joke. Do you feel better, Captain Creativity?

• Both rose to prominence as heels
  • Borth rose to prominence despite unimpressive physique
  • Both were known as all time great talkers
  • Both were asked to work programs with wrestlers they didn't like
  • Both were asked to play second-fiddle

1 Punk spent his first two and a half years in the company as a face. Winning his first two world titles as a face before turning shortly after his second world title win. He was already established by then.

2. Ric Flair started wrestling in a time before physiques were a big deal. By the time wrestling evolved to the body builder type Flair had already been over with the crowds.

3. Yeah they were both good talkers. So were a lot of other wrestlers.

4. I'd bet most wrestlers are asked to work programs with people they don't like/want to work with. You aren't going to like everyone you're asked to work with.

5. Again so were several other wrestlers. Not every wrestler is going to be the face of the company.

I want to compare Eli Cottonwood and Garrett Bischoff.

Eli Cottonwood was terrible.

If you're going to make a one-sided argument, at least make your argument so obvious only so few will disagree.

I'll never listen to the hipsters who say he had great matches against Daniel Bryan, if you ever saw a japanese wrestler perform some of those moves you want to take it down a notch when you watch CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's awful imitations again....the Cena match at Money in the bank 2011 was good but will it stand the test of time with the ridicolous number of near falls....

Oh the irony dripping from this quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back