I saw them live

ScruffDog

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I started a thread about band you wish you could have seen live, but never got to, and are never going to because of what ever reason. After reading some of your posts I decided to flip the coin. Now you can rub it in all our faces.

What Band/Artist have you seen, that will no longer be doing anymore live shows?

From what people wrote, I did get to see Slipknot before Paul died, and they are a crazy band to go see. I have seen Black Sabbath a few times at Ozzfest, they were far from their prime but they still rocked.

I also saw Korn before Head and Dave left. I also saw them after they left, and while they are still really good. they were better with those two in the band.

I am really glad I managed to see my favourite band OASIS twice before they separated. I had wanted to see them live for so long, and had tickets for their 2002 tour before breaking my collarbone the day before the gig and being unable to go.

I managed to see them at The City Of Manchester Stadium in 2005 for the "Don't Believe The Truth" tour, which was great although they took "Supersonic" my favourite song of all time out of the set, which I was unhappy about.

Thank god then that I was also at the Heaton Park gig in 2009 where that song WAS part of the set. It was one of the moments I will never forget as I was hoited up onto my friend and brothers shoulders for Supersonic, that song has been present at so many great moments in my life.

Oasis were always electrictrifying live, and the 2 times I saw them were no exception. Absolutely awesome, noone commands the stage like Liam Gallagher, you just cannot take your eyes off the man. An absolute legend.

The Heaton Park shows were especially memorable as Kasabian and The Enemy, 2 other bands I love, were also on the bill, so that made the day even more special.

I'm not quite sure if they lied or not, but...

Anti Flag. When I went to SoundWave last year, before their set, they announced it would be their second to last show ever and they were calling it quits. I have checked on Wikipedia and there is nothing after the entry about them playing that festival, but it also says "to present" in their info section.

As for the set itself, it was alright, I only really knew a couple of AF songs and was waiting there to push to the front for a band I was waiting to see afterwards.

After their set, the singer got down and ran across infront of the barrier to touch everyone's hands, by the time the set finished, I had squeezed to the front and got to touch his hand which was pretty cool I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back