• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I mean, think about it ....

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Does anyone else get sick and tired of people who make posts and then say ... "I mean, think about it" ????

Really?

If I am reading your thread, I am thinking and processing what you are saying. Would you rather assume I am just ignoring you?

"Wrestler X and Wrestler Y should do this at Wrestlemania 26. I mean, think about it ...."

It's all set up to turn Ted Dibiase face. Think about this. For weeks ...........

Maybe some of you should actually "think" that we do actually "think" automatically when we read what you write.

Please stop this obnoxious habit of writing that phrase when you post.

Well, you know, Mean Gene, that phrase has some negative connotation, same with "It's obvious that...". Makes us feel like we're stupid and it could be a way for the OP to feel superior. Or they don't realize what they're doing. I mean, think about it. When you're writing on an internet forum, you're anonymous so you can do pretty much whatever. Perhaps they don't think thread readers feel like thinking.

Think about it like this, does it really matter?? Think about it.

Oh, but I do understand what you mean. I think some, including myself, use it as a "catch phrase" more than actually telling readers to "think about it". It's like when one says, "Really??" Of course, Really, would we say it if we weren't really saying it. Think about it. See, I did it again.

Actually it's said to stop such pessimistic people like yourself immediately dismissing the theory.

They do this because sometimes people don't realise your post is purely your opinion, despite the factual evidence behind it, so they have to write phrases like this for those idiots who don't understand.

It's like "I think..." followed by what they are saying. If you just said what you are saying without the "I think" as a prefix, then the chances of getting shitted on increase (assuming I'm talking about the same type of posts you are referring too).

It's not easy having yourself a good time
Greasing up those bets and betters
Watching out they don't four-letter
Fuck and kiss you both at the same time
Smells-like something I've forgotten
Curled up died and now it's rotten

I'm not a gangster tonight
Don't want to be a bad guy
I'm just a loner baby
And now you're gotten in my way

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry
No wonder why
My heart feels dead inside
It's cold and hard and petrified
Lock the doors and close the blinds
We're going for a ride

It's a bitch convincing people to like you
If I stop now call me a quitter
If lies were cats you'd be a litter
Pleasing everyone isn't like you
Dancing jigs until I'm crippled
Slug ten drinks I won't get pickled

I've got to hand it to you
You've played by all the same rules
It takes the truth to fool me
And now you've made me angry

I can't decide
No wonder why
We're going for a ride

Oh I could throw you in the lake
Or feed you poisoned birthday cake
I wont deny I'm gonna miss you when you're gone
Oh I could bury you alive
But you might crawl out with a knife
And kill me when I'm sleeping
That's why

I can't decide
No wonder why
We're going for a ride

What bitches. It wouldn't be as bad if they could fucking spell or construct a sentence.

Actually it's said to stop such pessimistic people like yourself immediately dismissing the theory.

So you think I am more likely to accept your theory if YOU tell me to "think about it"?

What interesting logic you have.

I read your posts. I process your posts. And I go about my business. I am not going to do anything different if you tell me to "think about it" as opposed to if you do not.

Maybe I should have just inserted some "Editor's Comments" into the post and requested this as opposed to creating my own thread about it in the Bar Room, but enough people do it besides you, that they should be made aware of it.

Remember, Blade .... think about it ... think about it.

I have to agree with Sidious here, but I think it's more of a reflexive phrase for some people, like "You know what I mean?" But still, if people are just typing whatever pops into their head on a non-spam post, they should take the time to cut the fat out, as WELL AS FUCKING FIX THEIR GOD DAMN TYPOS DSJFNSFISNDIFU AAAARRRRRGH.

If I'm one of the people your rant was against Sidious, then my bad and I'll try to find more things to say instead of "now think about it".... I only use that if I'm about to add more to the opinion or prediction that's already being discussed and that phrase is an easy way for me to lead into the next thing I'm going to say.

So you think I am more likely to accept your theory if YOU tell me to "think about it"?

What interesting logic you have.

I read your posts. I process your posts. And I go about my business. I am not going to do anything different if you tell me to "think about it" as opposed to if you do not.

Maybe I should have just inserted some "Editor's Comments" into the post and requested this as opposed to creating my own thread about it in the Bar Room, but enough people do it besides you, that they should be made aware of it.

Remember, Blade .... think about it ... think about it.

Meh, if I have to put up with reading the stuff you write, then I don't particularly care if something is annoying you.

If I'm one of the people your rant was against Sidious, then my bad and I'll try to find more things to say instead of "now think about it".... I only use that if I'm about to add more to the opinion or prediction that's already being discussed and that phrase is an easy way for me to lead into the next thing I'm going to say.

You may have done it. I don't remember. I've seen so many people do that it just becomes a blur and I just wanted to try to gain some insight as to why people have this incessant need to say "think about it" in their posts.

No biggie, really. I just wanted to draw people's attention to it to say that it is kind of obnoxious and really doesn't accomplish anything.

Meh, if I have to put up with reading the stuff you write, then I don't particularly care if something is annoying you.

I'm disappointed in you, Blade. That's no way to win over the hearts and minds of Staff members.

No problem. Just go back to playing guitar, smoking another cigarette, and just grooooovin'. Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

Sid come on dude are you really nit-picking on something as silly as "think about it?" That's people's way of trying to convince someone their post is right. I do it occasionally.

Sid come on dude are you really nit-picking on something as silly as "think about it?" That's people's way of trying to convince someone their post is right. I do it occasionally.

And all I am saying is that it is pointless verbiage. Why put it in there if nobody is really going to do anything else special as opposed to if you just left the words out?

It's obnoxious.

Was this thread really worth it Sid? I mean, think about it, what did it accomplish, if you think about it, it got a bunch of us to type think about it more, so if you think about it, this thread... FAIL!

Was this thread really worth it Sid? I mean, think about it, what did it accomplish, if you think about it, it got a bunch of us to type think about it more, so if you think about it, this thread... FAIL!

Not entirely.

As you know, it did earn you a Red Rep.

Rule #1: Never sass a Moderator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back