• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have an idea...

Avrusha92

Formerly known as AD Angelic Diablo
I put this in the WWE section, because I didnt know wether or not to put it on Smackdown, RAW, or NXT

I have this idea.

We all know WWE is planning a "Tough Enough" show.
Now theres a report that Rey Mysterio is active but limited at a house show.

What do both of these have to do with eachother? Well heres my idea.

WWE can do a tough enough show but with weight class, Heavyweight, Light Heavyweight, and Cruiserweight.

Since Rey does not have so many years left with all the injuries, he can be a trainer for the cruiserweights. He can be an on-air character (since the kiddies love him) and he can still show some moves.

To sum this up:
So a Tough Enough show with weight class, and Rey as a trainer for the Cruiserweights division (so he can still be on air although he wont wrestle as much due to injuries and age)

What else can Rey do now that hes getting injured a lot?

What are your thoughts?

What do you think about mine ideas.

I'm not familiar with Tough Enough, but I think that you may be on to something. Rey is a cash cow for the WWE and his ring days are on there way out to greener pastures. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Ultimate Fighter insted of NXT which some weeks I feel is more about the "pros" than the "rookies". If his and the other trainers were restricted to being a trainer not wrestling I would totally dig it

I'm not familiar with Tough Enough, but I think that you may be on to something. Rey is a cash cow for the WWE and his ring days are on there way out to greener pastures. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Ultimate Fighter insted of NXT which some weeks I feel is more about the "pros" than the "rookies". If his and the other trainers were restricted to being a trainer not wrestling I would totally dig it

WWE was thinking of bringing a UFC Style into WrestleMania.

But I think this is the perfect idea to mesh in Tough Enough, UFC Style, and Rey being an on air character (but limited to wrestling)

What NXT lacks is like you have mentioned "its more about Pro's than Rookies"

What this show will do for WWE is:

It will not focus on other shows, it will be rather its own show not involving any "pros". They will have a WWE Superstar come in every 2 weeks or so.

Only 3 Trainers: Heavyweight: Triple H perhaps.
Light Heavyweight: William Regal
Cruiserweight: Rey Mysterio.
Now those three wont be fighting, theyll show some moves.

This will be very reality based, and give an inside scoop on what wrestling is all about.

Man, these sorts of threads are getting to be as bad as the anti-Cena & PG threads. The WWE is not going to reinstate the Cruiserweight Division in any way, shape or form. Yes, we all know that there are a lot of "smaller" stars on the roster now that would fit in just fine in a Cruiserweight Division. The problem is that most American wrestling fans don't buy into the concept of professional wrestling being divided up into weight categories. It's not something they're interested in as the WWE has tried at various times to do so, sometimes even putting some serious and legit effort into making it so.

If they stick with the original Tough Enough format, I'll be very satisfied. All the signs thus far seem to indicate that's the direction that they're going as the WWE has gone outside the company and brought in people to produce the show that have had high success in the realm of reality tv shows.

I put this in the WWE section, because I didnt know wether or not to put it on Smackdown, RAW, or NXT

I have this idea.

We all know WWE is planning a "Tough Enough" show.
Now theres a report that Rey Mysterio is active but limited at a house show.

What do both of these have to do with eachother? Well heres my idea.

WWE can do a tough enough show but with weight class, Heavyweight, Light Heavyweight, and Cruiserweight.

Since Rey does not have so many years left with all the injuries, he can be a trainer for the cruiserweights. He can be an on-air character (since the kiddies love him) and he can still show some moves.

To sum this up:
So a Tough Enough show with weight class, and Rey as a trainer for the Cruiserweights division (so he can still be on air although he wont wrestle as much due to injuries and age)

What else can Rey do now that hes getting injured a lot?

What are your thoughts?

What do you think about mine ideas.

Like the concept. But it'll never happen. WWE has said many times that it's nearly impossible to push somebody labeled as a "cruiserweight" or a "light heavyweight" into the main event scene. It's just not good business.

Go watch
Rey Mysterio vs. Kevin Nash and you'll see why it isn't... It becomes an absolute joke after a while hence why that title is no longer up and running in the WWE. They even cut the Cruiserweight title out of the WWE title history section and dumped it under "retired titles" with the likes of these titles:
Women's | World Tag Team | Cruiserweight | ECW Championship | ECW Tag Team | ECW Television
European | Hardcore | Light Heavyweight | WCW Championship

. That alone should show how uninterested Vince is in bringing back the smaller guy gimmicks.

Sadly if WWE wanted to do a "The Ultimate Fighter" type show they'd have to tone it down majorly. Cause watching the Ultimate Fighter show I'd rate that PG-13 at least lol if not more with the antics they pulled and such. Although that would be awesome doing it that way. Watching the guys actually train, seeing them get their asses kicked by the trainers and such. Would be pretty sick.

But to answer you. No they'll probably just stick Rey as a road agent or maybe have him become a PR kind of guy. Sort of like what Christopher Nowinski was after his career ended due to head trauma. WWE could certainly use Rey to gain support from Latinos everywhere since he is so popular amongst that particular group.

Until the WWE actually HAS weight classes, this is kind unproductive. A light heavyweight wins, then goes to WWE and has nowhere to go...I think other things in the company would have to happen to make a move like this relevant. And I really don't think they are willing to go to weight division belts, they just got rid of some belts, I don't think they have any intention of adding any more. It potentially could be interesting to watch, and you really can't go wrong with Rey being there in any capacity. I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't think it could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back