• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I don't think I ever feel safe buying a TNA PPV again

MachoMadness1988

HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN!
Let me start off by saying that I am a HUGE TNA fan. I know this will probably get a lot of TNA hate, but I had to get this off my chest. After Victory Road, I don't know that I feel safe ever buying a TNA ppv again. For 2 reasons...

1)Obviously, the World Title match. This topic has been discussed many times, so I don't think I need to go into it. I will say that why I don't feel safe buying a TNA ppv again because of this is becuase if Jeff wasn't in any condition to wreste, WHY DIDN'T THEY WRITE HIM OUT SOME WAY AND GIVE STING A NEW OPPONENT??? I just don't get it.

2)Anderson vs RVD. Now this one really bothers me. They end the match in a double count out, a match that people paid to see and wanted to see a result, and they tell us to tune into the free show(iMPACT!) to find out what will happen. Why even buy the PPV?? I echo this comment I read on twitter, "There is nothing worse than paying $45 and not getting an outcome and then told tune into the free show for the resolution".

What do you guys think? Do you feel safe ever buying a TNA ppv again after this?

Safe buying a PPV? I'm scared for TNA as a whole.

I feel like TNA has one shot... ONE SHOT to make things right, and if they don't make things right in that one shot, then the end begins.

I'm sure you're not the only one not trying to buy a TNA PPV. The fans are going to need a reason to invest their money in the product that TNA is trying to put out, and rigth now, it's not looking too good for them.

I haven't been interested in a TNA PPV since they stopped focusing on the X-Division and knock outs, and started trying to make people be heavyweight main eventers. The high-flying action of the X-Division is what set them apart from WWE. Now, they are becoming almost a copycat of WWE.

I'm old enough to remember WCW ppv's ending before the finish of the main event. You would have to turn in to see Nitro to find out the finish. I almost had Deja Vu last night with that bullshit. I, a person that has never bought a TNA PPV until now, bought last night's because I was bored and there wasn't a damn thing on television. I want my money back because that was one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's like WCW, just worse. A lot worse.

I know in order to watch the pay per view, you have to watch impact to know what's going on and who is feuding with who. If they hype is there, its a good chance the pay per view is good depending on the story and who will be in matches as well as the Main event. Just like last night, there was too much of Jarrett and his wife promo they didn't have the time to billed up the feud for other matches and the fans will be unsure if they want to order the Pay per View.

Now going to the next Pay Per View who knows whats going to happen because after last night the fans are going to wonder who going to be wrestling in the matches for the next Pay Per View as well as the main even match. TNA needs to be hyping the matches more which suppose to make sense but after last night, they embarrassed themselves them so much that they lost most of the fans base unless they get rid of Jeff hardy

I won't defend the main-event b/c that was brutal... but the PPV was solid. The tag-match was absolutely great as was Hardy/Stylez. Bully Ray and dreamer had an inflatable doll. I was entertained. So, yeah, the main-event blew and the RVD-Anderson match was lame but most high-card angles/matches are lame because the feud revolves around the belt with only limited characters who claim to be a bigger bad-ass than the other are involved.

So yeah, Jeff sucks and this will end up hurting TNA but the PPV was solid, as are most of TNA PPVs. Shame all the haters don't realize it since they don't bother watching wrestling matches.

i wounlnt be suprised if russo trys to twist this into a storyline where sting or anderson druged hardy before the match :wtf:

Let me start off by saying that I am a HUGE TNA fan. I know this will probably get a lot of TNA hate, but I had to get this off my chest. After Victory Road, I don't know that I feel safe ever buying a TNA ppv again. For 2 reasons...

1)Obviously, the World Title match. This topic has been discussed many times, so I don't think I need to go into it. I will say that why I don't feel safe buying a TNA ppv again because of this is becuase if Jeff wasn't in any condition to wreste, WHY DIDN'T THEY WRITE HIM OUT SOME WAY AND GIVE STING A NEW OPPONENT??? I just don't get it.

2)Anderson vs RVD. Now this one really bothers me. They end the match in a double count out, a match that people paid to see and wanted to see a result, and they tell us to tune into the free show(iMPACT!) to find out what will happen. Why even buy the PPV?? I echo this comment I read on twitter, "There is nothing worse than paying $45 and not getting an outcome and then told tune into the free show for the resolution".

What do you guys think? Do you feel safe ever buying a TNA ppv again after this?

If they're putting in a solid performance on impacts I would say it would be safe to buy a PPV if you like TNA. But if they continue to have a junkie in the main event scene it's best to stay away from PPV's.. My hope is that like a Junkie /Alcoholic TNA had to hit bottom before they accepted the need for change. If this isn't the bottom I don't know what is so I'm hoping that Sting and some of the other wrestlers pull Dixie aside and say look changes need to be made. Hopefully she listens and get's the allies she needs to start building a good product.

I still can't help wondering if they had to have that main event happen so they would have televised proof of his condition so they can break their contract or something. Or maybe it was tough love throwing him out there knowing he couldn't go and it would help him recognize he needs help fast.

But still they should have had a back-up position to go with that would make the fans happy. I'm sure if Immortal came out and attacked Sting after the match and suddenly you had every face and heel fighting all over the Impact Zone in complete chaos the fans would have been happy.

If they're putting in a solid performance on impacts I would say it would be safe to buy a PPV if you like TNA.

You're right. I should have worded the title of the thread diffrently. If they get their shit together I would feel just fine buying a PPV. At this point in time I don't feel safe buying a PPV. The ending of the RVD/Anderson match just really ticked me off.

I don't exactally feel the same way I did when I made this thread. I just really hope this has opened TNA's eyes up to a lot of things.

Lets be honest and I am not saying this to call out the original poster. A lot of people just to sound cool will throw out things like

"I am done with TNA for good"
"I will never order another PPV"
"This is the Rise and Fall of TNA"

Now lets be honest. 98 percent of those people will continue to watch and order PPV's because this will all be forgotten in 2-3 weeks. Why? Because that is what wrestling has become. Nothing sticks anymore and promotions make you forgot and act like things didn't happen.

Don't be surprised if TNA gives you more originals on TV just to weather the storm. They may not want to go that direction, but will to make you forget faster.

IMO Jeff Hardy takes a month or two off ( unless he goes to jail ) and comes back as a face. he says how the drugs made him confused and do all those terrible things. He apologizes for his action over the years and it is done with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back