• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hurricane Helms to ECW

reanimat3d

All Australian Australian
Is anyone else really really freakin excited about this? Hurricane made his big return to Smackdown last year and he didn't even make a splash. At least on ECW he has the chance for some TV time.
ECW has shaped up reasonably well after the draft, and there is potential for some good feuds now.
Imagine: Swagger/Helms, Helms/Christian, Helms/Bourne, shit even Helms/Burchill could work.

ECW is now in the Eye of the Hurricane.

Wow. I must say I am sort of shocked about this. I knew he was going to get drafted but I never thought it was actually going to happen ( If you know what I mean?). This good simply be the best or the worst move of the supplemental draft. Why? Well Helms is a great guy and is pretty good in the ring for his size. He can put on good matches with people around his size e.g. Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio etc etc, and since they don't have any "monsters" on ECW or let alone someone bigger than 6'3 ( an exception to Koslov who will hold the title most of the year) then this good be a perfect move. But the ECW scene is now way way tp crowded compared to last year. You have Koslov, Dreamer, Finlay, Tommy Dreamer, Christian, Mark Henry and Jack Swagger ( who is the current champion) and even then you can still have Evan Bourne and Paul Burchill go for the ECW if nothing else is working.

Personally if there wasn't so many changes to ECW ( well guys that can and will main event on ECW) this would have been a good move but as off now Having Helms stay on sD would have been a better option.

"Listen....ITS TIME"

Hell yea. This could be VERY good for Helms. If he can get TV time, he can do well. He wasnt being used at all in months on SD, and could break through here. He has a decent amount of cred and fan support, and this good be a "middle sized fish in a little pond" situation for him. Good move.

I'm looking forward to this as I've been a Helms fan since the days of Sugar Shane Helms and the Sugar Babies in WCW and have been wanting this guy to get a push to the big title and I think it can happen on ECW if the WWE allows it which mean it won't happen. He will just job to Swagger and all our dreams will fade. I'm not just saying, I'm just saying.

Yes!

Yes!!

ECW got the opposite of raped this year. ECW is going to continue to rule! I was so happy about this move. I love Helms. I love ECW. This is going to be great for him.

Yup, this is an awesome move. I'm a big fan of Helms and was pumped for his return, but we all know that died in the ass. But him being moved to ECW is going to open up alot of potential fueds, titles and match's for him and more importantly: TV TIME.

Helms is great on the mike and could help build up guys like Swagger and Bourne.

Hopefully WWE utilises him on ECW. Let's pray...

I have to agree, I think this is a fantastic move. Helms is going to rule the land of Extreme whether he stays as Hurricane Helms and the face gimmick, or reverts back to Gregory Helms and the heel gimmick. I'd personally like to see him go back to the heel gimmick, but with Kozlov, Henry, and the possible heel team of DH Smith and Tyson Kidd, I'm thinking he'll stay face and be right behind Christian as the top face on the brand. Very nice move.

I got it right once again. I actually got a lot of the Supplemental Drafts correct this year. This is a good move by my book. Helms just wasn't going anywhere on Smackdown, and this year especially there is a lot of good upper mid-carders on the show, that are far more talented and credible than Hurricane Helms. Plus, ECW needs talent, especially babyface talent and this is a good idea. I'm not expecting Helms to make much of an impact until around SummerSlam, he's one of those moves that will take a while to work effectively.

With the right push, fan support and abilities, I think Hurricane Helms can be a very important addition to the ECW roster, and hell, the guy has a chance to breakout for once in his life. I'm just worried he might become a jobber to Kozlov, Henry and Big Zeke.

This is the best thing for Helms. He wasn't being used much on Smackdown and you are almost guaranteed airtime on ECW. He can be one of their top faces and really improve and become champion by next year.

I'm a big fan of Helms, can't think why. Probably because he was one of the only wrestlers who survived looking stupid in WCW, even though he was part of a very silly gimmick.

In 2006, when he was involved with Matt Hardy and was on the Rated RKO team at the Survivor Series, I though he might be going places. It didn't happen. But I thought he had a good enough look, he was solid and his promos were ok.

He came back from injury and looked terrible. A Gregory Helms/Hurrican hybrid, but without a reaction. If he can get back to how he was in 2006, on the ECW brand, then this could be a brilliant move for him.

After 8 years with the company i'd expect him to do a lot better than those green ECW members they bring up every couple of weeks.

I actually think that this may signal a new start for ECW as much as it does Helms. Helms is a solid midcarder and far more interesting than any of the talent initiative people. Of those, only 4 are still on TV, Ortiz won't be for mmuch longer, and then you have Evan Bourne, Swagger and Kidd, who'd have made it anyway. But, I digress.

If they ever bring the cruiserweight title back, now's the time and place to do it. You have the mot over cruiserweight in Evan Bourne as well as Helms, Tyson Kidd, DJ Gabriel, Zach Ryder (seriously, I think this must be where they're going) and possibly Christian briefly. If they do this, it'll give ECW an interesting dynamic and make it stand out a bit, as it should, so I'm predicting good things for Helms here.

Helms is one of the more interesting picks of the Supplemental draft this year. While it is possible he is just going to ECW to give them back a body that they lost, I also believe the move has tons of potential. Most wrestling fans recognize Helms, he has name recognition, and this is valuable on ECW. Instead of just having new guys brought up week after week to flounder and not get over, you have a proven commodity, that in my eyes, bolsters the ECW Title scene. It makes it as deep a pool as any in the WWE, and actually, one of the more intruiging. Helms is capable of having solid matches and feuds with a number of guys on the ECW roster. He's capable of being a top tier heel or face, and to me, provides a fantastic foil to Christian. This is just the place for Helms to relaunch his career, and I look for him to do so.

This is probably the best move of the supplemental draft, maybe even of the entire draft overall. Helms may get his time to shine. Here is another guy that was sidelined by an injury and was sorely under utilized since his return. His size and style fit in well with what the ECW roster looks like at the moment. Helms is a very solid guy who just needs to catch a real break. I suggest a fued with Evan Bourne. These guys could put on one hell of a match that could potentially launch both careers. I will definately be excited to see if Helms gets his first TV appearance next week.

I am a big fan of Helms, and am glad to see him moving to Tuesday nights. If he stays in his current character, he'll get a decent push as either aface, or a heel, and may contend for the title. This is all going to be a set-up for one of the mid-card titles on a bigger show, and hopefully the big guys here don't "squash" him in more ways than one.

If for whatever reason, they force him into the Hurricane gimmick, he'll be nothing but a comedy jobber. Unlike Santino though, we'll want to see him, and will root for him.

I'm EXCITED,
but I think hes an interviewer now o_O
believe me hes good on the mic his litle 'watupwitdat' stint got a few laughs, but he should be in feuds with Christian or Evan Bourne which would really ROCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back