Hunico's Mask Collection

Remy LaCroix

Lou Thesz' Favorite Son
From luchaworld:

Hunico talks about his mask collection. Among the masks he talks about having in his collection are those of Juarez local stars Cinta de Oro and Rocky Star. I even remember watching the match he’s talking about when I lived in El Paso. Cinta de Oro was also my favorite local at that time, but there was a ton of talent back then in Juarez.

In WWE fashion, they screw up the parts about El Santo and Blue Demon. Hunico’s referring to of course El Hijo del Santo and Blue Demon Jr., but he’s including the background history of the fathers when talking about the juniors. WWE puts up pics of the juniors up, but no pics of the more famous and legendary versions.

Hunico also talks a bit about the history of the Mistico/Mystico name given he was the original and then CMLL created the more famous Mistico (now known as Sin Cara) and talks about how WWE used that as part of the Sin Cara vs. Black Sin Cara storyline. Short-lived as it was. Hunico also shows some of his other masks. Very interesting video.

[YOUTUBE]qsi63N-91lk[/YOUTUBE]

I honestly respect Hunico cause of how proud he is of his Mexican heritage. Now a days there are guys who really blow off their past just so he/she can get to the big times.I just really wish WWE can use him a lot better. He has a very easy gimmick to hate and has great in-ring skills. He also has some very nice mic work.

Wait, I'm confused. Did he say he received a mask from El Santo after a match they had together? El Santo died in 1984 when Hunico was seven years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back