Hulk Hogan's Rockin Wrestling redone

daddyJ_t

Getting Noticed By Management
so for some of us older wrestling fans might remember a little saturday morning cartoon called Hulk Hogans rockin wrestling. it was basically hogan,snuka,wendy richter,jyd,andre, and hillbilly jim living thier life and getting thrown into some scheme by roddy piper and his crew, and had to get out of trouble somehow. also dealing with normal evryday struggles and so forth. soooo here is the question....
If they were to redo the cartoon using todays superstars, who would lead this group and who woulod be the "good guys" and who would be the "bad guys". ive thought about this and even though i dont think it would work in todays tv market, it would fit in with wwe and the pg rating trying to hook young fans under 10 years old.
as for my picks? id say it would be...
John cena
Jon morrison
Big show
edge
rey mysterio as the good guys and....

The miz
cm punk
sheamus
william regal for the antagonists.
now obviously i didnt name some of the huge names like orton or undertaker for starters, but these are characters along with the other divas and superstars that could pop up evry couple episodes and have these two teams be the main stays and have the majority of the episodes focus around these characters. what do you think? could this work in theory? and who would your teams be? i put this thread here because it contains superstars from both raw and smackdown and isnt an actual tv program.

i have 6 episodes of HHRW on VHS :) aaa good times, Hulk Hogan and Wendy Richter characters wore there world titles everywhere ;)

unfortunately i don't think the characters of today are that entertaining. Not compared to the colorfull characters on HHRW

But i'd still watch it

I'm not a Cena fan but if you was to redo Hulk Hogan Rockin Wrestling with today's generation wrestlers he is the man for it.
1. Cena Raping Wrestling
2. The Face's Cena, Jomo, Show, Santino, Natalya, Tamina , Kofi , R-Truth & JTG
3. Heels Miz, Zack Ryder, Chavo, Vickie, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Laycool & Michael Cole
4. But my version would be using these superstars as 10yrs old's kid's acting like their real wrestling characters without the violence. Cena dreams of becoming the next Vanilla Ice and Alberto can be the rich snob kid. Imagine Michael Cole as a10 yr old journalist and Laycool being flawless.

"1. Cena Raping Wrestling"
I would go for Cena Rapping Wrestling tbh.
Also I think this could be a success as supercena is very much targeted towards kids, so why not have him starring in a cartoon?

i am sooo digging the kids version that you suggested, maybe having vince as a principal of the school the kids go to or something like that. alberto and laycool images jus shot to the forefront when picturing what these characters would look like as kids or teenagers. as for the next post, i also agree, but dont think cena would be able to carry even a cartoon by himself without the surrounding characters. im starting to get really intriqued on how this would look an how people like the nexus or corre would look like in this.

I'm not a Cena fan but if you was to redo Hulk Hogan Rockin Wrestling with today's generation wrestlers he is the man for it.
1. Cena Raping Wrestling
2. The Face's Cena, Jomo, Show, Santino, Natalya, Tamina , Kofi , R-Truth & JTG
3. Heels Miz, Zack Ryder, Chavo, Vickie, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Laycool & Michael Cole
4. But my version would be using these superstars as 10yrs old's kid's acting like their real wrestling characters without the violence. Cena dreams of becoming the next Vanilla Ice and Alberto can be the rich snob kid. Imagine Michael Cole as a10 yr old journalist and Laycool being flawless.

Love it, love it, love it! I know my son would love a show like that. John Cena is already his favorite wrestler and seeing a cartoon about a kid Cena would be the most awesome thing he has ever seen I think. This is absolutely a brillant idea and I think WWE could make some major cash off of a show like this.

It's not really a stretch to think that a show like this could come into fruition.

WWE Network is coming sooner then later (I believe in the next 3 years?)

They're going to have to have original programming on it, and with them running the network they can make and push down our throats whatever they see fit!

I, being a grown ass adult would still watch it, and probably enjoy it. :rolleyes:

I was watching this show back when it came out. It's around the same time when I started watching wrestling. They could redo it. Here's how I'd choose the roster:

Good Guys

John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, Gail Kim , Natalya, Beth Phoenix
Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly

Bad Guys

The Miz, Alberto DelRio, Kane, Ziggler, Maryse, Laycool, Bella Twins

The above roster is diverse, gives attention to performers who normally get no attention on the live action programs and has a lot of women wrestlers added to the mix.

Now I've thought a lot about this and to be honest, I think they could go with the attitude roster as they were more popular and more well known. Here's how I'd do that:

Good Guys

The Rock, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Booker T, Goldust, The Dudleys (3 members), The Hardys, Trish Stratus, Lita, Gail Kim, Stacy Keibler

Bad Guys

Triple H, Jericho, The Hollys (3 members), Show, WGTT, Kurt Angle, Edge and Christian, Victoria, Ivory, Mickie James

I mean if you're going to go with a cartoon program go with your very best. Some of the above performers are arguably the most well known and more popular than the performers of today. WWE could do two cartoon shows with both of my suggestions. I know this one is a huge roster, but I just couldn't make up my mind on who to keep in and who to leave out. They could go with five guys and 4 gals for faces and heels or do three cartoon shows. If they own their own tv station as stated before why not make it a two hour block with present day and attitude era performers (or a combination of era performers). If they decided to do WCW, than that would be even greater to see.

well, if they were to do a wcw version, it could be a few episodes to the wwe version, jus have the wcw group be like a rival school playing on the kids thing. not sure how the likeness thing would work with alot of people not under contract or with tna. as for the attitude era? to many grey areas when it came to characters. like stone cold always cursing and drinking? never happen and how could you translate that character to a cartoon? the undertaKer you could at least portray as a misundertood gothic kid. same with kane. maybe have them as the outsider goth kidsliving in the family mortuary with paul bearer(paul as an adult though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back