Hulk Hogan's Main Event: You Buying?

Daniel

Of Ace Stevens fame.
The following is a press release for Hulk Hogan's new, upcoming video game for the Xbox 360 Kinect:

Hide Your Shirts, Hulkamaniacs! Majesco Entertainment Climbs Into the Ring With 'Hulk Hogan's Main Event' on KinectTM for XBOX 360®

Hulkify Your Living Room as the World's Most Famous Professional Wrestler Puts the Kapow! in Your Kinect

EDISON, NJ--(Marketwire - May 27, 2011) - Wrestling icon, IMPACT WRESTLING Superstar, and global sensation Hulk Hogan and Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, announced today a strategic partnership to develop Hulk Hogan's Main Event, exclusively on Kinect™ for Xbox 360® for an expected release this fall. Developed by Panic Button LLC, Hulk Hogan's Main Event is the first performance-based wrestling game on Kinect for Xbox 360 that lets players train with mentor Hulk Hogan as they build their own wrestling personalities and learn the art of showmanship to win over the crowd.

"Hulk Hogan is much more than a wrestling star; he's a sports entertainment icon with a huge personality, a massive following on Spike's IMPACT WRESTLING, and immediate recognition across generations of fans," said Jesse Sutton, CEO Majesco Entertainment. "Partnering with the Hulkster for Hulk Hogan's Main Event is a dream come true and we're looking forward to releasing a no holds barred motion-based experience that offers a full suite of over-the-top moves."

"Listen up, people! You will feel the power of Hulkamania when you step into this game," said Hulk Hogan. "Whether you are taking the damage or selling the pain, this game will let you unleash your inner wrestler as you hype up the crowd while putting the hurt on anyone that stands in your way!"

Hulk Hogan's longtime marketing agent, Darren Prince, CEO of Prince Marketing Group, said, "When we started discussions with Majesco on the format of this game we knew it was a perfect fit for Hulk's global brand."

In Hulk Hogan's Main Event, players will learn the ropes from the man himself as Hulk Hogan schools them on delivering the best show for the crowd by emulating famous Hulk poses and performing more than 30 punishing combos. The Kinect sensor tracks players' every move; the more dynamic the motion, the more high impact the wrestler's performance is. Players will create their own unique wrestler personality through a robust create-a-wrestler feature including many choices for face, hair, tattoos, outfit, ethnicity, body type, and entrance music. Perform in nine different venues including the backyard brawl, local gym and giant stadium in front of a massive audience. Enter tournament mode for two player tag-team and take turns delivering extreme moves. Best of all, players can wield a variety of damaging objects including metal chairs and ladders to deliver bone-jarring hits to their opponents.

Developed by Panic Button LLC, Hulk Hogan's Main Event is expected to launch on Kinect for Xbox 360 this fall. Hulk Hogan will be making an appearance at E3 on Tuesday, 6/7/11, courtesy of IMPACT WRESTLING. For additional information, please register at www.HulkHogansMainEvent.com.

You buying? It sounds interesting to have a wrestling game which is truer to what wrestling is. It's not about winning, it's about performing.

I'm not totally averse to having a look at this game despite my dislike for Hulk Hogan.

so they are making a game that will show you how to truely be a pro-wrestler...then hulk hogan is the WORST person to make this game center around!!! do they do a steroid motion while "training"??? right punch, left punch, body slam, "blow out your knee" when you are supposed to lose then boot and leg drop and then celebrate while you start to destroy the company you are working for (that is something he learned in 95).

horrid.

Sounds like it won't be that good. Playing a wrestling game where you do moves to the air and pose? Doesn't seem to fun to me. I mean, if it had more depth, other than "train, pose, train, pose, train, pose" then maybe, but it seems like a gimmicky idea to suck in wrestling "fans". And I always thought that the point of playing video games, especially sports games, was to win. Not to be a loser who looks good losing. Also, I wonder how they'll imitate losing. Like how will you get slammed? Or more important, how will you kick out? Do they expect you to slam yourself on the ground? I'd stick to finger button wrestling games. Atleast until they prove that this type of thing can not only work, but be fun at the same time.

so they are making a game that will show you how to truely be a pro-wrestler...then hulk hogan is the WORST person to make this game center around!!! do they do a steroid motion while "training"??? right punch, left punch, body slam, "blow out your knee" when you are supposed to lose then boot and leg drop and then celebrate while you start to destroy the company you are working for (that is something he learned in 95).

horrid.

What's even more horrid is the fact that you have to be such a dilettante in how you're saying this idea to use Hogan is bad. No offense here boss, but who the bloody hell do you expect them to make this game about, Dean Malenko or no disrespect to him because I'm a a fan of him as well just like you are but...Arn Anderson? Both great workers and athletes but their names don't mean anything outside of the wrestling fanbase. Therefore Hogan for better or worse is the best attempt to go with in making a game like this.

Granted you nor I can predict the sales figures yet, but I'm sure if they are going to take a risk like this with the Kinect it's better to go after Hulk Hogan, because he's not under the auspice of WWE therefore he can lend his own likeness to the product. Obviously if he were free and allowed to come out from under Vince's thumb, I'd pick John Cena over Hogan despite my dislike for his character. Because like Hogan, Cena gets trashed for not having any wrestling ability but he is the most relevant star. And that's how you lure fans into concepts like this. Sadly enough you or I (people who like technical wrestlers) can't be relied upon as the only demographic for this product. Sad to say but it's true and that's how it will always be.

However there's no doubt that both men in their respective eras are the top dogs, therefore if you want to try an experiment like they are doing with this Kinect game, you go after who's the biggest draw and not necessarily the greatest wrestler in the technical sense.

I understand and accept that there are going to be people out there like yourself that don't like Hogan, that's fine. But start singing a new tune, this whole bullshit of talking about Hogan "company killing" and making up excuses for not jobbing is just tired and sad. Because I'm sure Hulk Hogan has set a precedent here by being the ONLY wrestler to ever pull that card, yeah right, wrestling is entertainment not a humanitarian effort. Go and prove to me that Hogan is the only prima donna that ever lived and I'll buy you a Coke.

My personal feelings though is that I'd love to see an AKI based wrestling game come to the platforms instead, this Hogan game personally does not interest me, but your whole diatribe is just close minded and irrelevant to the subject matter. Get a grip and understand that this game is being made for smarks it's being made for a wider demographic, if you want to go bash Hogan and find other like minded smarks go create a thread elsewhere.

You've been warned...

What's even more horrid is the fact that you have to be such a dilettante in how you're saying this idea to use Hogan is bad. No offense here boss, but who the bloody hell do you expect them to make this game about, Dean Malenko or no disrespect to him because I'm a a fan of him as well just like you are but...Arn Anderson? Both great workers and athletes but their names don't mean anything outside of the wrestling fanbase. Therefore Hogan for better or worse is the best attempt to go with in making a game like this.

Granted you nor I can predict the sales figures yet, but I'm sure if they are going to take a risk like this with the Kinect it's better to go after Hulk Hogan, because he's not under the auspice of WWE therefore he can lend his own likeness to the product. Obviously if he were free and allowed to come out from under Vince's thumb, I'd pick John Cena over Hogan despite my dislike for his character. Because like Hogan, Cena gets trashed for not having any wrestling ability but he is the most relevant star. And that's how you lure fans into concepts like this. Sadly enough you or I (people who like technical wrestlers) can't be relied upon as the only demographic for this product. Sad to say but it's true and that's how it will always be.

However there's no doubt that both men in their respective eras are the top dogs, therefore if you want to try an experiment like they are doing with this Kinect game, you go after who's the biggest draw and not necessarily the greatest wrestler in the technical sense.

I understand and accept that there are going to be people out there like yourself that don't like Hogan, that's fine. But start singing a new tune, this whole bullshit of talking about Hogan "company killing" and making up excuses for not jobbing is just tired and sad. Because I'm sure Hulk Hogan has set a precedent here by being the ONLY wrestler to ever pull that card, yeah right, wrestling is entertainment not a humanitarian effort. Go and prove to me that Hogan is the only prima donna that ever lived and I'll buy you a Coke.

My personal feelings though is that I'd love to see an AKI based wrestling game come to the platforms instead, this Hogan game personally does not interest me, but your whole diatribe is just close minded and irrelevant to the subject matter. Get a grip and understand that this game is being made for smarks it's being made for a wider demographic, if you want to go bash Hogan and find other like minded smarks go create a thread elsewhere.

You've been warned...

A very smart post here. This is obviously a game based outside of WWE, and who outside of the E has any recognition to the average person? Hulk has had a tv show on top of his wrestling so many people will recognize him more than anyone else. It's called marketability, and Hogan is marketable, no matter if you personally like him or not.

Also, the point of using Cena would be gold. I can guarantee you right now, the WWE can make a game called "Wii Wrestle" or some other wack as Wii title game and slap John Cena on the cover and it would sell like half priced crack rocks in a new Crackheads Anonymous meeting.

You've been warned...

like i said, you have some good points till the end part. and i wasn't bashing Hogan for the sake of bashing Hogan, b/c like you said, it has been said and done many many times. the question on the post was "would you buy it" and i gave some reason's why i wouldnt buy it. im sorry if some people (maybe you,maybe not) don't like the fact that i don't like the hulkster for many reasons (which i named a few), but for those people to disagree and get all snooty is taking it back to elementary school. "to each his own".

it seem's like a lousy idea for a game (no matter who they put on it,i think the Rock would be a better option than Cena, but the champ is a really good one) depending on gameplay. but it wouldnt surprise me if wwe didn't do something like this, because the last few wwe games i played (legends of wrestlemania) had god awful gameplay. like this one *could* end up being like, but i wont know b/c i wont buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back