• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HUGE Wrestlemania 25 rumour!!!!!!

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

Take this report as a rumor for now as we'll likely update or correct the story as more information becomes available.

Great Holy fuck! Cena vs Hogan would possibly be the biggest match ever!

I call BS. Edge vs Cena looks a lot more realistic and I would rather see it at this time then Edge vs Hogan. Save that for 26.

Eh, I really dont think Edge vs Cena is set in stone. You have to remember that wrestlemania is seven weeks away. That would be plenty of time to set up a Hogan vs Cena match.

What reason would Cena have to fight against Hogan? I'd assume Cena would still be a face come Wrestlemania, and no way Hogan would return as a heel, wouldn't really make sense.

Plus, as mentioned, they already set up Edge vs Cena on RAW this past monday night. I don't think Cena will cash in his rematch against Edge so soon, though it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Hogan's old anyway, seeing him come out to the ring with his music and everything would be great, but the match itself? Meh.. I dunno, could Cena really carry that match and make it anything worth while?

It's on PWMania.com

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=236912461

Go there to read it, i'm not familiar with that site so I don't know how credible it is.

That site is the national enquirer of wrestling news sites.Don't believe it. It's just a rumor.

A.) Mickey Rourke has already been confirmed to not wrestle at Mania this year. The whole angle thus far has been to plug the movie the Wrestler.

B.) They already set up Edge/Cena theres no way they'd hotshot a Cena/Hogan match now. Austin/Hogan would be more likely than Cena/Hogan and I don't see that either.

What reason would Cena have to fight against Hogan? I'd assume Cena would still be a face come Wrestlemania, and no way Hogan would return as a heel, wouldn't really make sense.

Plus, as mentioned, they already set up Edge vs Cena on RAW this past monday night. I don't think Cena will cash in his rematch against Edge so soon, though it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Hogan's old anyway, seeing him come out to the ring with his music and everything would be great, but the match itself? Meh.. I dunno, could Cena really carry that match and make it anything worth while?

I think a face vs face could work in this situation.

Why hint at a Edge/Cena match on RAW if he's just going to face Hogan? Besides, I think Hogan would just get booed out of the building with all the negative press on him from last year.

Is it wrong that I wouldnt actually mind seeing edge vs Big Show.....at any other show then WrestleMania of course

I think a face vs face could work in this situation.

I have no doubt that a face vs face could work, but how would they go about starting this? Why would Hogan challenge Cena, or vice versa? Cena is set on going after Edge right now, after the WWE Title, why would he want to redirect his focus at Hogan? It wouldn't make much sense to me.

And as far as Edge vs Big Show at Wrestlemania... wow, you HAVE to be KIDDING me. That would be the absolute worst thing the WWE could do, I seriously don't think they would put Big Show up against Edge as both are currently heels arn't they? And even if they made Big Show a face, what kind of reaction would he get? Very little, if you ask me.

It's gotta be Edge/Cena or Edge/Hardy. Those are the only two people capable of being in one of the main events for this monumental of a pay per view. Anything else would cheapen the thing, and cost them 40 bucks because I wouldn't be ordering it.

I believe this rumor. I don't think it's going to wind up just being Edge and Cena 1 on 1 by the time the event rolls around. I could also see Rey against Jericho.

This years wrestlemania is looking like having one of the strongest cards I can ever remember-

Cena v Edge
Orton v HHH
Stone Cold v Jericho
HBK v Undertaker

Why would they sacrifice that card, for the one this site is suggesting. It isn't worth having Hogan wrestle if it's going to sacrifice the entire card.

How about Hogan vs Savage in a shoot fight. They hate each other, have McMahon as the ref. Thats worth the money. Although after seeing the photos of Savage lately, Hogan may get bad press for beating up Santa Claus.

Hogan/Cena still isn't the match we want to see though, is it? Just like Rock/Hogan, you'll be thinking "why isn't it Austin in that ring?".

That was the first thing I noticed also, then I laughed, of all the other people to up against Edge at WM, Big Show would be far from the top of the list

Same here...there is zero chance of that match happening at a Wrestlemania of all events. I guess I noticed it because Hogan/Cena just isn't the one I'd wanna see...they've been together in a tag match before.

Hogan/Cena still isn't the match we want to see though, is it? Just like Rock/Hogan, you'll be thinking "why isn't it Austin in that ring?".

Agreed. If they want to do a match like that, then it has to either be Austin vs Hogan, or Rock vs Cena..though I guess Austin vs Cena would be alright too.

NO! Is all I can say to that. If the biggest face in the attitude era went up against a heel Hogan at Mania and had the crowd stolen away from him what chance does Cena have?

Cena Edge was a match I was really looking forward to but Cena Hogan will not be good in my eyes, and as far Edge Big Show, I would refuse to buy the PPV if that big waste of space was put in a title match with one of the best performers.

Give us Cena Edge wwe, and if you need a superstar to fight a legend..... JERICHO!!!!!!

You people are overlooking things. They've already began planting seeds for a possible Bigshow/Edge feud over Vickie Guerrero, and I really wouldnt have a problem with that. With Wrestlemania 25 being as stacked as it looks like it's going to be, they have room for a Bigshow/Edge match. I might would even rather see that than I would a Cena/Edge match. Just think about the potential card for wrestlemania.

Randy Orton vs Triple H
Bigshow vs Edge
Christian vs Finlay
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker
Chris Jericho vs Steve Austin
John Cena vs Hulk Hogan

^^^^^Throw in a MITB ladder match to open the show, and that has the potential to be one of the best wrestlemania's ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back