Huge Hockey Brawl! Islanders vs Penguins 2/11/11

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
So, supposedly the Islanders were pissed that the Penguins have been targeting their best players and putting them out of action so they decided to do something about it.

I believe the perception is that an elite team like that Penguins can get away with anything it wants against a shit team like the Islanders (i.e. The officials over look a lot of calls.) So the Islanders took matters into their own hands.

[YOUTUBE]puMana_bq1o&feature=feedlik[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe the ref missed a few calls and maybe the Penguins took advantage of the Islanders with some cheap shots that doesn't give the Islanders the right to jump the Penguins like a bunch of goons, instead they should've challenged them to fights but no they had to start sucker punching people and acting like *****es. Just my opinion feel free to disagree.

LOL Pens are not a elite team right now, not with Malkin and Cosby on the sidelines recovering from injuries, and the Islanders won that 9-3 btw, this is just typical rivalry shit, NY felt they needed to send a message and did so, however it got waaaaay out of hand, refs did their best to break it up, and a shitload of players ended up with suspensions (which just ended up hurting the Pens more)

Ahh, seeing the Pens get their asses kicked warms my heart.

I love when the first major all out brawl breaks out that there are just two guys, one from each team, standing next to each other watching all the action. I bet they're just pointing out shit to each other and laughing.

I'm not even a hockey fan. I heard about this incident and had to check it out. It's awesome lol. 17 minutes of fighting. It reminded me of the movie Slap Shot with Paul Newman (great movie btw.)

You had the guy Hailey get in a fight with a Penguin and after taking him down he gets off him, and goes after the goalie. And when he does that one of the Penguin's jumps off the bench (automatic 10 game suspension) and they fight Hailey 2 on 1.

And you have a penguin laying injured on the ice while the refs try to break up the fights, an Islander whose been ejected is standing at the open door looking like he's going to come back in cursing at the injured.

It was pretty awesome to watch. I think the Islander's got fined 100K for not being able to control their team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back