• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Huge FIFA Ruling

Planty

Pride of Manchester
HUGE NEWS IF YOU FOLLOW THE BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE.

Chelsea have just been banned from signing players in the next 2 transfer windows. The details are sketchy but that's official. It's to do with Chelsea signing Gael Kakuta back in 2007 and how his former club Lens have appealed madly because of a breach of contract. More to come, this is huge.

Chelsea can not buy any players until January 2011.

Wow they are fucked, their squad is really old already, even the subs.

I'm praying Drogba leaves, they'll be terrible without him.

Completely agree with you Luther. I'm a Manchester United fan and I'm angered by this decision even because its making an unfair mockery of English Football. Yes, Chelsea should have been punished AT THE TIME. But they weren't. This is 2 years later, different managers later! Right now, its unfair. I even have sympathy for Chelsea fans who stick by their team and bet for them to win the title. FIFA have caused massive harm here and I am livid despite being a true Red. I mean that.

Well they're fucked for the African Cup of Nations around Winter. Many top players like Drogba, Essien, going on a winter leave.

Even then, there could be injuries in that highly competitive cup for those players.

And there's a sudden rush of fixtures around Christmas, bare in mind they're also in multiple competitions, do they really have a huge depth of squad with first team experience to support this?

Woah. What the hell happened there?! Seriously things are getting really weird. Quite suprised that Chelsea are getting punished now, but also it's also with these anti-diving charges on teams, where was that a few years ago?

I mean it's great as an Arsenal fan, but as football in general, this is the ridiculous, they shouldn't do that, I mean what if they need to get cover for injuries? They could have done it like, they don't buy from the French Leagues until 2011 but no transfers completely?! That's messed up!

yeh it's a bit stupid if you ask me, but the getting charged for something that happened tqo years ago happens all the time (see Joey Barton)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back