• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would you write other characters?

Simple question, not saying I could write any characters better than anyone else but I would use them differently.

About halfway through the Forgotten Powers, I started thinking about how I would write James King but it would be completely opposite of what MMSoldier did. I would play up the amnesia thing and have him forget who he was every week and come out to a different random gimmick and entrance every week.

For Ricky Runn I would play up the daredevil gimmick and put him on a mission to jump off the highest things possible. Each week he would search for something taller and bigger to jump off of. He wouldn't wear a parachute or anything, he would jump off of 200ft tall buildings but always land in a pose, stand up slow, flip his hair back, and smirk before walking away as the thing he jumped off blows up because fuck it, he jumped off of it already there's no reason for it to exist anymore.

I'll think of more when my son isn't trying to push all the buttons on my laptop as I'm typing.

Good thread.

I think Ricky Runn right now would be a lot of fun to write. The whole "Unintentional Assassin" (I'm making that stick, dammit) thing could lead to a bunch of fun and unique scenarios for RPs. I'm picturing him accidentally running old ladies into cars when he helps them cross the street or dropping babies or even someone causing harm to someone when he is locked in his closet.

There's a lot of potential to be had in exploring the extremes of someone's gimmick. Alhazred could truly become the Mad Professor, Celeste could become this robot-like ice woman who feels nothing.

And we have enough hero and villain types that we could make a damn comic.

If I had Alhazred, I'd put him into more Mad Scientist-style storylines. Like...You know how Yaz wrote El Genio Verde for All Stars, and how his match involved strapping bombs to the turnbuckles in order to make his top rope moves have more momentum? I'd do that. But, you know, nerdier and crazier. Like Alhazred is now, really. I suppose I'd just book him differently, rather than write him differently, though the pelvic thrusting was a step in the right direction.

I agree with both Red Skull and Thriller about Ricky Runn. Hell, combine both ideas. He's a daredevil that's amazing at jumping off things, but always manages to stick the landing on an old lady or something (who of course is always comically unharmed at the end of it and hits Ricky with her walker).

I'd make Mystique much more mysterious than he is. I'd amp him up, give him supernatural-esque powers, a man of few words, a real Wizard of Oz. Hell, how cool would that be, a full on Wizard of Oz-style gimmick in terms of using impressive illusions to put fear in the hearts of the opponent? And then when the hologram fades, you're still standing face to face with a masked mountain of a man. That'd be excellent.

Matt Tastic I'd turn into an annoying heel that describes everything as "_____tastic". Imagine the Bravados or the Young Bucks, this small, scrappy, flippy guy who's amazing in the ring but annoying as piss outside of it and just won't shut his mouth.

Agreed with Mystique, I've been saying that Westhoff should've been (or remained) The New Church's mouthpiece and I wouldn't have Mystique say a word, not even in RP's unless its instructions to Westhoff, I'd write the whole thing from an internal view, or maybe just rely heavily on body language like I do with S.H.I.T at the moment. The supernatural stuff didn't even occur to me but I think it'd be great, especially as with Ty gone we've got a void for such things.

The Beard, and this is a direction he's gone in since teaming with TMG anyway, but I'd have written him like Marvels Hercules, a bit of a fun loving womaniser, perhaps we can drop the womaniser part, but as much as he likes a drink, fight and potentially a fuck, he is a heroic figure when all is said and done.

I always feel like I am treading on toes when I start doing this.

That's given me an idea for the RP this week. But the supernatural part is still there with GM, just not a huge focus of the character and more of a factor in RPs than matches.

To be honest, if people can't take comments like this then feedback is useless. The Beard one is a good example. It's way too late for Theo to take part of that direction but it's a fun way to view the potential of that character.

I think every character in the fed could have an alternative version to be honest. Not one of us is perfect. That is what makes it so interesting.

Agreed with Mystique, I've been saying that Westhoff should've been (or remained) The New Church's mouthpiece and I wouldn't have Mystique say a word, not even in RP's unless its instructions to Westhoff, I'd write the whole thing from an internal view, or maybe just rely heavily on body language like I do with S.H.I.T at the moment. The supernatural stuff didn't even occur to me but I think it'd be great, especially as with Ty gone we've got a void for such things.

The Beard, and this is a direction he's gone in since teaming with TMG anyway, but I'd have written him like Marvels Hercules, a bit of a fun loving womaniser, perhaps we can drop the womaniser part, but as much as he likes a drink, fight and potentially a fuck, he is a heroic figure when all is said and done.

I always feel like I am treading on toes when I start doing this.

We're not saying we could do it better than the current person, it's just what we would do or want to see. There's no malice behind any of this.

I have an idea what I would do with S.H.I.T. but I have a feeling you'll get there eventually anyway. Basically a fight within him and with others to show that he's real, he's a robot but he has a heart and feelings too. Make him an Iron Giant type robot, a robot with a heart of gold that people automatically fear because he's a robot. It could be tragic yet comical at the same time considering he's not a real robot.

For Saxton's heel turn, I would take the Blaxploitation deal and use it to the extreme, make him a Black Power advocate through any means necessary. Like Malcolm X except he knows kung-fu. Make him a Black Panther type and make everything that happens to him a racial issue, a topic that everyone always treads lightly with around here though.

For Saxton's heel turn, I would take the Blaxploitation deal and use it to the extreme, make him a Black Power advocate through any means necessary. Like Malcolm X except he knows kung-fu. Make him a Black Panther type and make everything that happens to him a racial issue, a topic that everyone always treads lightly with around here though.

Funnily enough, that was exactly my idea for his heel turn. I really hope I can pull it off once the time comes. "Affirmative" Action Saxton.

Part of me really wants to give his AES heel gimmick a shot at one point, though, basically a classy swanky Vegas type who hangs out with lounge lizards and has the catchphrase "Always bet on black".

I'm sure I'll be able to do both gimmicks at some point in his WZCW career.

If I was writing Rush I would eventually turn him into a senile old man. He constantly forgets he is a pro wrestler, never knows where he is, shows up late or at the wrong arena, comes to a fight naked.

We're not saying we could do it better than the current person, it's just what we would do or want to see. There's no malice behind any of this.

Oh yeah I know, just a personal thing, obviously I don't mind people doing it to me.

I have an idea what I would do with S.H.I.T. but I have a feeling you'll get there eventually anyway. Basically a fight within him and with others to show that he's real, he's a robot but he has a heart and feelings too. Make him an Iron Giant type robot, a robot with a heart of gold that people automatically fear because he's a robot. It could be tragic yet comical at the same time considering he's not a real robot.

Don't you fucking dare tell me how to write my character you cunt!

I like that actually, reckon I can work that in sometime in the future.

I am not sure who I'd write like this, Showtime seems a good choice but there are a few people this could work with, I'd start pretty much like he is now, you know, baby face wrestler man, who then gets his face plastered all over beer commercials due to his fame, but then he'd evolve into a character that starts to care more about his endorsements than anything else. He realises there is much more money advertising family friendly products, so I'd have him refuse to cuss on air because it might damage his Pepsi endorsement, refuse to take part in violent matches because it would damage his Disneyland Advertisement opportunity and eventually he'd only pursue a championship because having a big shiny belt would look better to the company that makes Pringles. I'd even go so far as to have some of those representatives watch his matches, and Showtime have to wrestle as a purist, never bleeding or drawing blood and doing nothing to damage his value, despite winning through underhanded means.

Eventually he'd lose all of his endorsements, maybe because he's started to lose a lot or they've found him out and the last RP ever would consist of him contemplating suicide.

Actually, if I ever give up with S.H.I.T theres a good bet that I'd return with that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back